What if everyone Is born a werewolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

What if everyone Is born a werewolf?

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Just think what if everyone were werewolf born but they didn't know? so then lets say the only way they would find out would be thru a birthday ritual, like danceing and singing to the spirits that guide us to present to us our true being :howl:  :oo .

Thats my idea on it, feel free to give your own input. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

So, you're asking: "suppose that everyone had the Potential to be a Werewolf- or maybe Were' something else- but had to DO something special to realize their potential?"

Nice idea: it's been used by virtually every Religion on the planet; you do realize that, don't you?
Still, the Un-realized Potential is a good story basis. The "un-realized potential" has been done to death in fantasy stories about Magic and Psychic abilities; but so far nobody has tried this as a Werewolf (Metamorphic being) setting to my knowledge.

This would place the people who had been through the "ritual" in a position of power, since they would "control" the knowledge of how the deed was done, and thus control the types of people who became Werewolves.

Interesting...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

yes but with the idea of different sects that basicly compete for followers as modern religons do today.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

This potential to turn in a mutant form thing though has been done. Just not specifically for a werewolf as far as I know.

The Devil Lady: they did born with the power to become demon beasts, but special conditions or emotions were needed to unlock it later in life.

other demons and monsters have been done this way as well.
the changling plot line being a popular method, something fantastic was left with normal parents only later to be brought back into the fold, or in a horror story takes out the parents (or tries to).
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Impossible. Humans vary. Some capture and blend the essence of the wolf and some don't.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

This notion reminds me of Wolf's Rain and the scenario with the wolves that are in human form and don't know their true nature.
Though, not everyone can be a werewolf. Kitsune anyone? Werecow? Eskimo?
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

now lets say that some sect's are a bit restrictive on who they let come into their true being, while other's get them thru the change in a more natural less stressful way.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Avareis wrote:This notion reminds me of Wolf's Rain and the scenario with the wolves that are in human form and don't know their true nature.
I don't recal that from wolf's rain. They were all just smart wolves, that created the illussion of being human, but were never really in human form (it was a psychic trick which is why machines could see through it).
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Avareis wrote:This notion reminds me of Wolf's Rain and the scenario with the wolves that are in human form and don't know their true nature.
Eskimo? That strains the bonds of credibility just a bit. Perhaps everyone could access a Were' something-or-other with the right ceremony or chants or whatever; but one suspects it would be extremely difficult.
you might have to try every single release meditation in the book to find out what you Were'. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Nomuh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Nomuh »

...Eh, why wouldn't eskimos be able to turn into werewolves? Why should they be different from other humans?
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kuro »

RedEye wrote:
The "un-realized potential" has been done to death in fantasy stories about Magic and Psychic abilities; but so far nobody has tried this as a Werewolf (Metamorphic being) setting to my knowledge.

Interesting...
Random side note but I think there is something like it in a novel called Killing Moon by Rebecca York, however only few make it through the ritual in her novel. Its also only the males but anyway that was random xD

~Kuro
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Rhuen wrote:
I don't recall that from wolf's rain. They were all just smart wolves, that created the illusion of being human, but were never really in human form (it was a psychic trick which is why machines could see through it).
Yup. That's right. But, the thing with the wolves was that some of them forgot where they came from. A lot of them strayed from their pride as wolves, sort of speak and literally forgot that they were even wolves. There was also the thing about the humans were created from the wolves that played a part in the downfall of identity within the wolves themselves. There was a bunch of stuff about reincarnation and transubstantiation that is very boring to explain or even talk about on the web, but I think I made enough of a issue of this.

There were so many questions and riddles in that series, much like its predecessor Cowboy Bebop. But, that's another discussion.

Oh yeah, I said "Eskimo" because of an obviously wrong, but funny thing Homer Simpson said during a Halloween special. Sorry for being random.

But, back on topic, to me it's like asking what your Daemon is or your spirit guide or something like that. With it being just a wolf, it kind of limits the potential of other natures of animals we characterize ourselves to be. This may seem flipfloppy as I say that wolves are a lot like humans in nature, but it makes perfect sense that one's spirit may resemble a wolf more than say...a duckie?
Last edited by Avareis on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Hey random's good, random keeps dem thinkin. :) You understand that you have nothing to fear, for your oppinion is gold nomatter what others may say. because only you can say your oppinion is bad. :D
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

First i liked to say nicely spoken "Blue-eyes in the dark"
secondly if u could become a wolf just by doing some ritual then
u might as well wear wolf pelt under a full moon or sleep under one.
I thought i might just say that.
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary

Thank you, And yes those are ways thought to work. with that in mind others could better understand at what i was trying to get at. :)
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Native American

Post by Black Claw »

I'm native american and we have our legends about turning into an animal through being blessed and given a token that will let you become that creature by a medicine man. I've heard if you're given your indian name that was to associate it to your animal, my grandpa gave me yaha which means wolf in creek. he said i was wild like one and i had a pet wolf that i loved very much once, that was another reason he gave me the name. :howl:  :oo :shift:
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.