Transgender werebeast transformation

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Okami wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong k. So what your saying is that most people would have a hard time accepting the fact that they just changed gender so abruptly and that while it may be possible it would be highly unlikely.
one in a thousand for my model.

as werewolfism is a guided curse, virus, what ever. it would need to be a glitch/mutation in that system to cause it.

But intentionally a system like that would have an easier time turning one gender into another than a human into a werebeast.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

youve put alot of thought into this havent you
Proud member of The Pack
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Okami wrote:youve put alot of thought into this havent you
its a thought that watching Ranma 1/2 back to back with a werewolf movie will put in one's head.

that and along time ago while creating new forms of humanity to exist in a distant future story line of my own series I had come up with a number of shapeshifters from Trait-Shifters (cat eyes, ears, minor details) to furre-shifters, and Beast-Shifters. and looking over how this was sold to the public in the series (underground black market type of deal, I realized that in the real world transgender was more popular than furre. So I reflected this in the series with Transjins a version of the shifter where people could transform between genders (like cross-dressers only physically with out need for surgery).

the details of the shift were worked out there. Its a more recent idea in the "what if" department if a werewolf or other werebeast could accidently change into the opposite gender as well (combining the two ideas) for My Transjins the transformation is wanted and intentional, but Ranma 1/2 and Maze made me think (what if it wasn't a wanted transformation, and then compile that ontop of another scenario forcing a transformation like becoming a werebeast.)
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

I've never heard of Ranma 1/2 but it must be interesting to put the idea transgender transformation into your head
Proud member of The Pack
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Okami wrote:I've never heard of Ranma 1/2 but it must be interesting to put the idea transgender transformation into your head
its an anime series where the main character fell into a cursed spring, now everytime they are hit with cold water he becomes a girl and hot water turns her back into a guy.

Along for the ride, his grandfather is cursed to become a Panda, others a cat, a duck, and a pig.

in the anime MAZE. a young girl is cursed that each night she becomes a lecherous boy.

They are both comedy, as are others of the same theme. But a more serious tone is forseeable given the odd circumstances that must occur. Ranma 1/2 is completly magical in its transformations (even cloths change or vanish and the reapear when turned back for the animals) MAZE not so much for the cloths part, more a fantasy world type of anime.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

that makes your first post make more sense to me anyway
Proud member of The Pack
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

I found this on deviantart its you basic idea
http://black-wolf-.deviantart.com/art/The-real-curse-Prt-3-38822266
Proud member of The Pack
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Terastas wrote:
RedEye wrote:Everyone who want's to be a Were'-whatver that is genderless and neuter, stand up.
*stands up and feels all the eyes on him*

What? That would solve the "pants ripping = indecency" problem, wouldn't it?
:grinp:

As for gender changes. . . Crud, how do I keep this PG. . . Well, the one I'm having the biggest problem comprehending is the change in "bits," specifically the way it "inverts and splits open" the way you described. Something I'm having an even harder time with is the reverse: how you would go from female to male. Explaining how a shapechange could make a part of the body split open or combine back together would be a hard sell.
Well I have to stand up too, here; sexy or not, being neutral as a were would not only solve the 'omg underwear' difficulty but often enough those bits get in the way of stuff, for either gender.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

Kzinistzerg wrote:
Terastas wrote:
RedEye wrote:Everyone who want's to be a Were'-whatver that is genderless and neuter, stand up.
*stands up and feels all the eyes on him*

What? That would solve the "pants ripping = indecency" problem, wouldn't it?
:grinp:

As for gender changes. . . Crud, how do I keep this PG. . . Well, the one I'm having the biggest problem comprehending is the change in "bits," specifically the way it "inverts and splits open" the way you described. Something I'm having an even harder time with is the reverse: how you would go from female to male. Explaining how a shapechange could make a part of the body split open or combine back together would be a hard sell.
Well I have to stand up too, here; sexy or not, being neutral as a were would not only solve the 'omg underwear' difficulty but often enough those bits get in the way of stuff, for either gender.
this may be puberty talking but i would want to be able to "mate" in my canine form
Proud member of The Pack
Sharfan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: Depressed

Re: Transgender werebeast transformation

Post by Sharfan »

I just want to start off by apoligizing for posting in a old thread.

I have watched Ranma 1/2 as well, and found it to be among the funniest anime that I've seen. I have also begun to implement a similar idea into my current book. Although, the problem isn't caused by a glitch.

Soon after becoming a werewolf (just a few hours, and right after the first shift as a matter of fact), my protagonist, Jimmy, is captured by his own parents and taken to the center of the werewolf hunter world, a building in south Michigan. Over the course of his stay, the scientists in the building use him in a few tests, all aimed towards making money in the 'normal' world so as to fund their ventures of werewolf hunting. As you know, silver can get very expensive.

So, one of these tests is a theory that one of the scientists had come up with: using the werewolves ability to shapeshift for an instant and completely real sex change. Unfortunately, Jim was captured just as they'd found a way to integrate the change of sex into the werewolf's repetoir of changes. By simply injecting the altered retrovirus into him, it merges with his already werewolf DNA to cause the effect that whenever he shifts, his sex also changes to the opposite of what he/she was before the shift.

I think that this explains the occurence a little better. Oh, and just to clarify: the scientist wasn't able to seperate the change of sex from the original werewolf transformation, so no money for the sick crazy scientists. It wouldn't do for them to have more werewolves in the world than needed.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Interesting. There are species who actually do a gender shift under the right circumstances. Usually, this means going from female to male.

What is brought up though, is that with the totality of change that the "Shift" becomes, the changing of gender is actually a minor thing since so much else is going on at the time.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Sharfan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: Depressed

Post by Sharfan »

Sorry, but I also meant to say the he/she is forced to stay as the gender that they become until they shift again, flopping over each time. The alteration happens only during the initial change from man/woman to wolf.

One thing I've been having trouble with, though, is what Jim will look like when he shifts back to 'normal' after swapping genders the first time, finding himself as a woman. I just need a way to determine how much would change in his appearance, and how it's decided. Any help would be appreciated.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:What is brought up though, is that with the totality of change that the "Shift" becomes, the changing of gender is actually a minor thing since so much else is going on at the time.
How "minor" it is would depend on how you defined the shift. It would be less extreme than a total species change, but as I said, I don't interpret shifting as changing one's species: only altering one's self to more closely resemble another species.

Referring to lycanthropes as a separate species would essentially be to define "species" solely by outward appearance. If that were the case, then Erik Sprague, Paul Lawrence and Dennis Avner would no longer be human either.

What I'm getting at is that lycanthropy would, in my mind, only alter a werewolf's gender if you defined that based solely on outward appearance as well. It might alter a werewolf's parts to resemble the opposite gender, but it wouldn't literally result in a complete gender reversal.

Intersexism is possible among normal humans (Caster Semenya, for example), so I would agree to the possibility of a 1/1000 chance of gender ambiguity, though I still don't think those 1/1000 werewolves would be seen as anything more than having an awkward looking wereform. Just because it looks like a gender change doesn't mean it is.
KCHolmes
Custom Title: GarWolf
Mood: Happy

Post by KCHolmes »

I think another thing to think about is: what happens to transgendered people when they turn?

Consider someone born male, goes through the necessary surgeries, hormone therapies etc to become female. There are many people like this in the world, they simply feel like they were stuck in the wrong body. What happens to these people during transformation? Does the transformation somehow eject or damage breast implants? And does shifting back to human form "correct" the sex change, because its not something in their genetics? Or, if werewolves have a "healing factor" above most natural creatures, as they do in most portrayals, would the sex change be "corrected/healed" even before the first change? I think i may write a short dtory abut this, as it has just exploded my imagination... what do you think?
This profile is no longer in use, it was a temporaryy replacement while i sortedout things to do with my original profile: Wolf-man-24