How should Werewolves Be?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Lukoi
Pack Member
Pack Member

How should Werewolves Be?

Post by Lukoi »

k, well, this is how i picture a perfect werewolf. It is taller than a tall human, and has quite a bit of muscle mass. It can run on all fours, or on 2 feet. Screw this, im not gonna explain the details of its looks, here, just look at this site, it will give u the idea of what i meen.

http://www.emryswolf.summerdragoness.co ... allery.htm

post ideas or other immage links here plz, i wanna see what u want in a werewolf.
The ocean is 100% water, and the Moon gives it tides and waves.
Our bodies are 80% water, so what does the Moon do to us?

My Av's Creator:
Sabre
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well, what you want in a werewolf is what we want. Its already been taken care of. :wink:

Welcome to the Pack. :duckie
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Agreed, and welcome.

Your illustrations are pretty much on the mark with the "consensus werewolf" that most of us have in mind. My own image of werewolves looks pretty much the same--maybe somewhat lighter, and the hands are a little different, but that's mostly it. You'll find it's the same way with a lot of us--subtle differences of opinion about this and that, but agreeing that what we want is more that and less hairless rat-fink or tail-less deformed monkey.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

good art there, i could never do that good :lol:

anyways welcome to the pack

i suspect werewolves to all be diffrent, some to be agile some to be strong, but i personally like the agile werewolves

there could also be werewolves that are a little slim too ((think Diablo 2 werewolf)) but i like the ideas of the big buff ones too... i personally think their could be more then just the freeborn stlye

Examples

underworld werewolves - agile - http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/images/ ... ethumb.jpg
freeborn werewolves - Strong
morrowind/diablo 2 werewolves - a little bit of both - http://static.elderscrolls.com/images/t ... ewolf1.gif
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

The Morrowind werewolf looks about like what I have in mind for my own, except the lower legs. Again, here I am, poking at details. But, it's like describing your kids.
roguebrun

Post by roguebrun »

If you have werewolves what about werepugs or werechihwawas that would be funny theheheh
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

yeah i know, but like i said i believe that not all werewolves would be the same, some will be agile and some wont... its all about the person inside the werewolf

like me for instance, if i became a werewolf i would be in between for the simple fact that im not that strong or agile but the lycanthrope will make it so im inbetween
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

roguebrun wrote:If you have werewolves what about werepugs or werechihwawas that would be funny theheheh
We have wereducks!! :duckie
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've always loved that gallery by the way.

I think alot of those pictures are great, they are big strong werewolves. Yet some of them are too bulky and too unnatural muscled.

I like how Goldie and thornwolf had done theirs.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17562280/ - This dude used to be in my atavar
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16655153/ Also by thornwolf

Wolves are not bulky as werewolves are, and if they are a mixture of wolf and human in Gestalt from than why so huge? It also depends on that individual's health.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I would consider Goldenwolf's work the gold standard. This is a print I ordered from her:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3798369/

I consider it a good anatomic reference for what the consensus werewolf looks like. It's also a neat picture.
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Re: How should Werewolves Be?

Post by Akugarou »

Lukoi wrote:post ideas or other immage links here plz, i wanna see what u want in a werewolf.
No pants!! :) Otherwise, I'm with the others on this.

BTW, welcome to The Pack! Watch for duckies being tossed.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

*glances at fig* yeah, no pants. in werewolf form. otherwise we'll all have to dig our eues out with spoons to make the images go away. :lol: :duckie :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:*glances at fig* yeah, no pants. in werewolf form. otherwise we'll all have to dig our eues out with spoons to make the images go away. :lol: :duckie :P
Sorry, these pants stays on.

Should've been here earlier. Had them off for a few minutes. How embarrassing!

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Scott Gardener wrote:The Morrowind werewolf looks about like what I have in mind for my own, except the lower legs. Again, here I am, poking at details. But, it's like describing your kids.
Yup, a very nice Werewolf, i didn't like the hands much though, no pads, and the palm was..hairless. Which would make the WW's fourlegged run....uncomfortable...

But, details again. Otherwise, a very nice Werewolf. The agility the form had also implied told the player how you played the WW. Fast.

8)

Good change from ther previous' game's imprevious-to-all-but-silver Werewolf. And only the WW hunters in that game actually had silver.

:P
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Aki wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:The Morrowind werewolf looks about like what I have in mind for my own, except the lower legs. Again, here I am, poking at details. But, it's like describing your kids.
Yup, a very nice Werewolf, i didn't like the hands much though, no pads, and the palm was..hairless. Which would make the WW's fourlegged run....uncomfortable...

But, details again. Otherwise, a very nice Werewolf....
I actually didn't like the look of the Morrowind "BloodMoon" Werewolf. I thought it was really ugly. ...like Quasimodo the werewolf... Image

...but I guess that's just me insisting on disagreeing with Everybody again...Image

I own Morrowind, and LOVE the game...but I have not bothered to pick up "bloodmoon" or even "tribunal" yet.

Back on the main topic...I agree with Lukoi that the artwork of Jaime Sidor is a very close representation of what I usually imagine when I hear the word "WereWolf". ...though I love all the variations on the theme as well, INCLUDING the Harry Potter hairless "WereRat-Wolf"...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

easter egg :o
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Ug - too tired to find who to quote today...

Someone asked why, if wolves aren't really bulky, and neither is Average Joe Human, then why are WW's so bulky? One answer is the Super Hero/Villain Comic Bookitis. This rare disease affects the fictional, though once it takes hold, there is no going back. Even little kids (teenagers) and young college freshman are not immune.

Some of the most apparent versions of it are noticeable in Spiderman, when he's portrayed to be more muscular than Mr. Universe (or whatever the title is) 2005.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:easter egg :o
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
confused?

There is an easter egg somewhere in this thread. Unless you already spotted it. :lol:
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Easter-egg? wait... here we go...

(click)

8) :hsup Ze Goggles, they do nothing! :cry:
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Oh, cruel Figarou!

(and that poor ducky...)

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
confused?

There is an easter egg somewhere in this thread. Unless you already spotted it. :lol:
...oh...that...

Yeah...I found the DOT.

Heh..."poor duckie" indeed.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: ...oh...that...

Yeah...I found the DOT.

Heh..."poor duckie" indeed.

poor duckie? what about me?

Note to self....never wag the tail very fast. The pants will fly off. :lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:
Aki wrote:

But, details again. Otherwise, a very nice Werewolf....
I actually didn't like the look of the Morrowind "BloodMoon" Werewolf. I thought it was really ugly. ...like Quasimodo the werewolf... Image

...but I guess that's just me insisting on disagreeing with Everybody again...Image

I own Morrowind, and LOVE the game...but I have not bothered to pick up "bloodmoon" or even "tribunal" yet.

Back on the main topic...I agree with Lukoi that the artwork of Jaime Sidor is a very close representation of what I usually imagine when I hear the word "WereWolf". ...though I love all the variations on the theme as well, INCLUDING the Harry Potter hairless "WereRat-Wolf"...
Oh, right, that doies remind me.

They WERE too hunched over. I mean, really.

ITs like all the Werewolves were old and grey... :P

I once bugged the game when i copied myself using the console, the game spawned a copy of me, with the WW skin on, but none of the scripts active.

Result: One pissed off sword swinging Werewolf trying to kill me. Stood up straight, too. :lol:
Someone asked why, if wolves aren't really bulky, and neither is Average Joe Human, then why are WW's so bulky? One answer is the Super Hero/Villain Comic Bookitis. This rare disease affects the fictional, though once it takes hold, there is no going back. Even little kids (teenagers) and young college freshman are not immune.
Indeed, odd. WW's muscle-mass should be relatively like that of thew human state. Otherwise its like a Wolfy version of the incredible Hulk. :P
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yeah. the morrowind/bloodmoon werewolf also had amazing legs- somethign about jumping 100 feet ibnto the air and landing and not dying...

the mw werewolf is the first one i started drawing. it's also what i based my early drawings on. but the hunchie-ness was quite annoying.