Can a werewolf be tamed by a the one they truly love?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

If a werewolf can't control himself, isn't it irresponsible to be dating at all? that just puts the poor girl at risk. but in a more direct answer to the topic: i think that while in werewolf form, the beast can draw on the human experience to some extent and thus possibly not kill (or even protect) his/her loved ones. thats just my humble opinion though, and i hope you post some of this story, sounds interesting.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

*Spoiler-ish!*

Post by Celestialwolf »

Anyone else read the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers? (Yes, I am a guy. So what? She's an amazing writer!) I love these books!

The reason I ask is because In the second book (so far) the guy she is spending a lot of time with turns out to be a werewolf, and he along with his "brothers" basically hunt vampires. Anyway, from what I've read the relationship seems to work out. He can control himself, but if he gets angry it can force a shift so they just have to be careful. She doesn't try to tame him.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Depends on the diffinition of tame.
In my story, {yeah, it's back to that story again,} one of my characters is a vampiress. Yeah, i know, not human, but please, bear with me. When we're first intoduced to her, she's very... uptight. Most vampires have a form they can slip into if things get hairy...
(PUN... number 1. :D )
... but she belongs to this other group of vampires that are all about... purity. Not good purity, more like, keeping things within one own's species.
(PUN... number 2, and where's the fun in that?)

She meets a werewolf, and they fall in love. He takes her out on a run one night, and she picks a wolf as that other form.

Significance? Big time. THe animal she picked represented her disision to stay with him. By the end of the story, she's not as uptight, and, in fact, is actually... feral i'd say? Starting off, the werewolf's... basically living his life for once. He didn't expect to find her, or to fall in love with her. He did, and he became, sligtly less wild.

Okay, long boring story short, they allowed the other to change, so that they could be together. Now, if your characters really love each other, it shouldn't matter if he's a werewolf, or a were cheetah, mongoose...
(... MONGOOSE? What the heck?)
It's an idea... or, if he was a blue and purple spotted wolf with three legs, two heads, and no arms.
({blink} that's scary.
But other than that, yeah. Your werewolf will probably find out it was more of a hassle keeping it secret than just telling her. Ain't it usually that way?)
Usually... the sister is a kitsune? Hmmm... that's... wait, is she adopted or something?
Plus, the only other major question is, can he control himself in that transformed state? If he can't, or... hey, is this the first time he's had a long term relationship?
P.S. I'm starting to read the Twilight series myself. Sounds interesting...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Re: Can a werewolf be tamed by a the one they truly love?

Post by Black Claw »

This question has been plaguing my mind about when he will tell her and how to explain it to her. Any suggestions? Plus should it be in the middle ages like LOTR or present day?
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Black Claw wrote:This question has been plaguing my mind about when he will tell her and how to explain it to her. Any suggestions? Plus should it be in the middle ages like LOTR or present day?
How much history do you want to study? Any story set in "other times" needs a lot of research done on the society and morals of the time. There are times when this story couldn't happen unless he was her social equal or superior.
I'd suggest you stick with now; at least you have some understanding of that. Middle Ages were a whole 'nother world, back then.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

RedEye wrote:
Black Claw wrote:This question has been plaguing my mind about when he will tell her and how to explain it to her. Any suggestions? Plus should it be in the middle ages like LOTR or present day?
How much history do you want to study? Any story set in "other times" needs a lot of research done on the society and morals of the time. There are times when this story couldn't happen unless he was her social equal or superior.
I'd suggest you stick with now; at least you have some understanding of that. Middle Ages were a whole 'nother world, back then.
I have to agree with RedEye. If you want to construct and write a story that took place in a certain time period then research is a must. When I tried to write a story taking place in the Roman Empire, I needed to look up certain things; like Roman names (first and last), customs, etc.
A story like this may be set in the middle ages but its good to research on the era.

You should also focus on what you're more comfortable with. Chosing a more current time may be more easier for some people than chosing a certain time period from long ago. Some authors, such as J.R.R. Tolkein studied the customs and traditions of the middle ages for a long time, as well as several of the period's stories.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

thanks! :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.