vampires vs. werewolves in prison

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

[quote="Dreamer"]Well, actually, the vampire, athopugh having lower strength than the werewolf, does have a few abilities that hte werewolf does not. They can change into a bat, change into mist, and also do ahve some oontrol over the lesser animals. So that does even up the fight a bit.
/quote]

But what you have to understand its that a werewolf nor a vampire could change at all in a regular prison filled with CCTV, prisoners and wardens without getting caught. I should of realized this earlier. How are the two going to fight in a normal prison?
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Yeah, I wasn't referring to the ridiculous and poorly-planned-out prison idea, but in general instead.
XIV
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silent Hunter »

I agree. I don't understand why we even need Vampires vs Werewolves anymore. I mean if the idea of this site and Freeborn is to help break old trends and clichies then would it not be fitting to burn the idea of vampires vs werewolves? I mean its not like its needed and there are plenty of other match ups that can be done. For example. Werewolf vs any of use woken up 4 hours early after getting no sleep. That really wont end well.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Silent Hunter wrote:For example. Werewolf vs any of use woken up 4 hours early after getting no sleep. That really wont end well.
I can assure you that the average Hollywood werewolf would have more luck passing for human than I would if woken at 3am on a working day...
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay i am lost. What's the point to the fricken Tom Cruise.
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Rosiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Rosiewolf »

Fyriewolf wrote:okay i am lost. What's the point to the fricken Tom Cruise.

They were just joking around.
Take my advice-- I don't use it anyway
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

ohhhh okay. thanks. :lol: just had a major blonde moment.
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Malkavian Prince

Post by O Pianista »

Well vampires will not survive without blood... if they attack the humans for blood they aren't breaking a "mask" they are just hungry and need to survive... anyway Werewolves are more stronger than vampires ( Many times ) and there is a good chance to don't win the fight ( about the windows )
Legendary
Legendary

Re: vampires vs. werewolves in prison

Post by Fyriewolf »

there aren't any windows i this prison. it is like alcatras prison. :borgwolf:
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

First of all, I agree with most of the people on this forum; the jail thing is a bad idea. Having them fight over territory would only cause the place to collapse. And I don't think they would be caught in the first place; they're masters at hiding from the general public.

And I think having vampires and werewolves in the same fic is totally fine, as long as there is a reasonable purpose as to why they are in the same fictional universe.

But the question is about who would win, right? Well, if the only factors are the werewolf and the vampire, I would bet on the.... hm...

This one's tough....

Now that I think about it, if it all came down to brute force... I can't decide. The type of vampire I like are portrayed in the Cirque Du Freak series by Darren Shan, and a vampire could stand up to animals that had vampire blood in them (which makes them totally rabid and strong). So all bets on the vampire. Maybe. XD

I'm still undecided.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

i gotta say werewolves would win they just have a more natural ferocity than vampires as well they are far more phsyically powerful than vamps and tougher vampires have mostly been portayed as the more clever of the two but also the weaker maybe if the vamp had a wepon or somethin itd be better odds but asside from that i doubt he would win
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

What I believe is forgotten is that both Lycanthropy and Vampirism can be handled in different ways. Either as blessings or curses, either as great merits or terrible flaws. The outcome of such conflict would vary depending on which approach would be used. Additionally, so far we've been analysing interactions between two inmates only. It wasn't mentioned that at least one the "monsters" can turn out to be a prison guard or even the warden (Not mentioning the other staff.). Not all of the warring assets must be supernatural in nature. Position, access to resources and support from others count as well.

The following is meant to summarise two most important problems stemming from a supernatural state, in a setting in which supernaturals must remain in hiding. Of course, any of the following can be discarded at will if the writer finds if appropriate. Additionally, any motif can be summarised this way and even the most unlikely situations can be effectively used if only they are convincingly and consistently explained.

Sunlight Aversion/Uncontrollable transformations:
In case of the Vampires, if it's effect is more than merely inconvenient it can pose the greatest threat to the "monster's" life/unlife. It seriously endangers anonymity in both cases. The problem applies to inmates mostly, as the prison staff can either have flexible working hours, work at night shifts or call in ill during full moon (Assuming the changes are cyclic and happen during the full moon.). Inmate Vampires must either be constantly covered by someone in charge (And moved to a dark part of the prison.) or ensure their permanent stay in solitary confinement (Which brings other problems but also some promising story hooks. How exactly is the Vampire functioning in such situation?). Werewolves could also use the latter tactic (Especially if the changes occur regardless of the time of the month.), but it would be much less likely to succeed, as the strange noises would certainly draw attention. Still, fading into the spirit world as in "World of Darkness" setting could prove to be an advantage.

Bloodlust:
If both creatures are present in the scenario, the Vampire is in a much better situation. Drinking blood doesn't need to leave the "donor" dead or permanently hurt (Unless the author wants it to.). The Vampire might acquire the blood from unwilling or willing subjects. If unwilling, it must make sure the subject doesn't say about the event (Mind control, threats.). If willing, the subject probably expects something in return. The possible options could explain any kind of support given to the Vampire. Those are:
- Protection (Literally or not.).
- Vampire blood (If it has any unique properties.).
- Promise of future Vampirism.
- Alliance in the prison's internal struggles.
- Payment in money, resources or favours.
- Promise of earlier leave from the prison.
- None. The "donor" might be a masochist.
- Etc.
Different things would have to be considered if Vampirism was bite transmitted. The Vampire would either have to make sure his victims are deader that undead (Read the Werewolf's situation below.) or we would deal with "Vampire Plague" scenario a la "Salem's Lot".

Cannibalism:
As for the Werewolf, death or disappearance would be quickly noticed and investigated. Especially if someone finds the body or it's remains. Obviously, failure would be the only option, and if the "monster" cares about the future it would work towards escaping or choosing victims that few would care about. The latter wouldn't last for ever but that doesn't mean it's not worth trying. Also, there might be someone willing to help the Werewolf for:
- Protection (Literally.).
- Promise of future Werewolfism.
- Alliance in the prison's internal struggles.
- Payment in money, resources or favours.
- Death of someone inconvenient.
- None. The supporter wants to cause mayhem.
- None. The supporter wants to be eaten (I'm serious. There was a case like that in Germany.).
- Etc.
Unfortunately, there's nothing to make the "supporter" to keep his word. The Werewolf can simply be used and then treated as a scapegoat. The situation is dramatically different if the "monster" doesn't have to eat humans. It would place it in a situation more or less equal with the Vampire (Still, it would require more moderation). It would also be a nasty surprise for anyone thinking otherwise. If any of the monsters is a free person, craving for human blood/meat can be the reason to work there.

There are many other motifs to be analysed. What I wrote is only a rough outline of possible scenarios. Human imagination is unlimited (Or at least so broad that it's hard to see the difference.) and many of you probably thought of something that could have been mentioned...

...I'm leaving for a glass of water.

EDIT: I'm out of mineral water!!!
wolfboy410
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: wrath

Post by wolfboy410 »

werewolves all the way vampires are weak and pathetic while werewolves are strong and majestic

WEREWOLVES ALL THE WAY!!! shhowl
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silent Hunter »

[quote]werewolves all the way vampires are weak and pathetic while werewolves are strong and majestic

WEREWOLVES ALL THE WAY!![/quote

Well that post had substance. :sleepy:
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Upon hearing the idea of a transformed Vampire being pulled into air conditioning I remembered a question that occurred to me some time ago: What would happen, should a Tzimsce Vampire turned into blood (4 Lv. Vicissitude) be flushed down the toilet?
fenrisz
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: devourer of gods!

Post by fenrisz »

it would be gross i think thats the main thing that would happen
"the art of forgiveness is not one we're taught"

I have always felt that violence was the last refuge of the incompetent, and empty threats the last sanctuary of the terminally inept