Should werewolves have the ability to shift back into human?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

In the script the werewolf at the beginning is just an old man. You see the werewolf revert back to this old man and he thanks Anna, however the scene was cut, as they didn't want to give away that Velken survived and is the new werewolf. Their father was murdered by Dracula. Remember at the scene were Velken returns to Dracula after his first encounter with Van Helsing. Dracula reveals that he used Velken's father as his first test subject, of which failed. Velken tries to attack Dracula, but the curse has grown way too powerful and he can't even lay a finger on Drac...

As for the werewolves following Van Helsing... From what I gathered from the film, the werewolves were solitary creatures, so I don't think they would follow Van Helsing...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

alphanubilus wrote:In the script the werewolf at the beginning is just an old man. You see the werewolf revert back to this old man and he thanks Anna, however the scene was cut, as they didn't want to give away that Velken survived and is the new werewolf. Their father was murdered by Dracula. Remember at the scene were Velken returns to Dracula after his first encounter with Van Helsing. Dracula reveals that he used Velken's father as his first test subject, of which failed. Velken tries to attack Dracula, but the curse has grown way too powerful and he can't even lay a finger on Drac...

As for the werewolves following Van Helsing... From what I gathered from the film, the werewolves were solitary creatures, so I don't think they would follow Van Helsing...
okay... that helps. Thanks... And yeah, van Helsing was looked awesome asa werewolf. I especially like the part where he's dragging his claws through the stone pillar... Drac knew he was cooked. :evil:
(Anyone for fried bat? :D )
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay. You'll had made very excellant points. But how can the blue moon be our weakest points?
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

blue moons are the greatest and strongest point to me.
Wolfzilla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hillbilly Werewolf.

Post by Wolfzilla »

I believe the elder Valarious (or however you spell their last name) was dead, I think we see his corpse in Dracula's lair.

As for the topic, I've been toying with a story idea involving werewolves who don't revert back to human form after the first TF. The idea being that the first change is such a traumatic experiance that it causes a kind of willful amnesia. Only after regain one's memories and confronting what one's become can someone regain human form....
Oh my God, the Wolfman's got nards!

"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it has worked pretty well so far."
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Should werewolves have the ability to shift back into human?

Post by Konietzko »

Old topic, and I'm dragging it back to life because...well, because I wanna. :lol:

The book Wolfsong by Traci Briery really kind of played the outskirts of an idea of werewolves who didn't return to human form after the full moon. Let me point out again what I said. They didn't...it wasn't that they couldn't. Her take was that the "curse" literally split the lycanthrope in two, from a psychological standpoint, going so far as both the human and wolf sides having distinct personalities from one another and even individual names. Mostly, it was a battle of wills for the werewolves, predominantly won by the wolf side, which would subdue their human side and not allow them to regain their human forms., and thus, control of their body. The main character of that book, a supporting character and the antagonist, were different, though. The main character managed to reach an understanding with her wolf side via meditation and actually speaking with the wolf side. The antagonist's human side dominated the wolf side, and of course...as humans are want to do, murdered virtually at will. The supporting character, I have no idea about. But i always kind of thought that was a novel idea. :D
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
throughgoldeneyes
Custom Title: embracing the animal within

Post by throughgoldeneyes »

i belive that a werewolf like the name it a shapeshifting creature.

though in one of my own storys the werecreatures are non shifting race.
i depends maybe if i meet one i will ask :D :woof:
Attachments
battered book, open page,<br />faded words, tear stains,<br />read on its time for a change<br />a new story, a new start<br />a new life
battered book, open page,
faded words, tear stains,
read on its time for a change
a new story, a new start
a new life
lycana911
Custom Title: The Misunderstood Werewolf

Post by lycana911 »

I think a werewolf should be able to chose whether or not to shift, ecsept for on the 3 days of the full moon cycle. :femshft
Look at http://www.romairestudios.com/archive/2 ... chive.html
It's got to be the best werewolf head ever! (Scroll to the bottom of da page.)
Also http://www.myspace.com/Lycana911
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

okay then. So is that why lycanthropes hate vampires because the oldest and wisest lycanthrope was killed or slained by a vampire? :?
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

i think the ability to switch forms is very important to a werewolf. a werewolf not being able to regain human form only works for a certain kind of movei... Ginger Snaps for example. i love the way she slowly becomes more and more wolf (or ratzilla, whatever) then just completes the shift all at once and never goes back. and in the second one, how Ginger's sister is living the life of a junkie, trying to avoid the change...awesome! and these beastly, non-shifting weres do have a place in folklore, most notably the beast of Gevaudan. this is an extremely well documented werewolf case, and shifting is never really mentioned. so while yeah, shifting weres are the ideal (for peeps like us), non-shifters do have a place in the werewolf genre. so :shift: or :evil: : you choose.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24