Wolf's Bane

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Wolf's Bane

Post by Black Claw »

I was wondering if after you have changed, could wolf's bane keep you under control from going psycho in your werewolf from? :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Depends on the werewolf... but i don't think it would... it's just supposed to keep them away from a certain area thats all.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Assuming it doesn't kill you, maybe. Wolfsbane is deadly poisonous -- it would keep you from shifting by keeping you from breathing. :P
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Terastas wrote:Assuming it doesn't kill you, maybe. Wolfsbane is deadly poisonous -- it would keep you from shifting by keeping you from breathing. :P
That would suck...
(Regeneration... wouldn't help with suffocation much... Forgot it was poisonous.)
Same here... probably should change that huh?
(Oh, where i say i take a certain amount of Wolf's Bane pills? Yeha, i think so... although, the process by which they're made could leave just enough of the poison in them that they would knock me out... possibly... Hey Terestas, what do you think about that plot device?)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Well, according to Wikipedia, wolfsbane etc. is virtually obsolete in terms of Western/modern medicine, so I'd be less interested in what it a wolfsbane pill would do and more interested in how you managed to get one.

I think when this came up for the first time, we brushed it off pretty quickly with the same consensus regarding the fabled silver bullet: that it would kill a werewolf just as fast and effectively as it would kill a normal human being. :P
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

(Story plot, wolfbane was used as a sedative for werewolves, and in high enough doses, it could kill us. It was professionally made by Pariah's Husband in their basement... :lol: long story... the same one i asked you if you wouldn't mind joining. I needed another character, but you never responded... anyway... i'll drop that now... however, instead of medicine, how toxi of a poison is it, and can it be used as assassin's tool?)
V, from V for Vendetta.

Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

well i've seen stories where it can kill and keep under control...it depends...or it could make them sick and give me an excuse to use this emoticon :sickpup: ...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

WerewolfKeeper3 wrote:ow toxi of a poison is it, and can it be used as assassin's tool?
*nods* It's all there in the Wiki I provided. Wolfsbane arrows were used for hunting and warfare in Eastern Asia, but according to the toxicology section, it can take a few hours to die from, so if an assassin-type put wolfsbane on, say, a blow dart, it wouldn't work the same way they do in all the Indiana Jones inspired movies (those they usually get from poison dart frogs). Wolfsbane is the kind of poison you slip into somebody's drink, not shoot someone in the head with.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary

(Hmmm... good to know... And sorry about bugging you, but the story i'm still trying to do. I would really like your help with it, if you get time to "sit down and talk" for a while that is. :D
See you.)
V, from V for Vendetta.

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Historically, Wolf's Bane got it's name because it was used in mediaeval times as a wolf POISON> hence the word bane (harming or causing trouble).

Given the RW nature of the plant ( a relative of the buttercup-also poison) I'd suspect that Wolfsbane would effect werewolves as a calmative or muscle relaxant; given their legendary resistance to poisons.
In some stories, 'bane is used to control the Shift. In others, it's used to assist the Shift.
Generally, the herb in stories tends to focus on what the Author wants the herb to do.
Duh... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

For my book

Post by Black Claw »

I want to thank everyone who replies to my questions. This helps medecide wht should be in my book and what could be in my book. I hope to get starte on it sice i am finallyout of school and will have lot of free time to do my work. s@nlA kyosOta (thank you in euchee) May the Bessings of the Pack serve you well! :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.