Glasses

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: My cross to bare

Glasses

Post by Night_Hunter »

A human who wears glasses (not sun glasses) would not need them as a werewolf right?
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE RABIES TOO ?!!?

Read my stuff at:
http://nightfiction.blogspot.com/
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Maybe yes, maybe no. It usually depends on how well the Shift fixes things, like little disabilities and such.
Since Wolves use a suite of senses where we use only sight, your vision might not improve, but the increase in scent and hearing might make up for it.

If the Werewolf-as-Smoothskin has a little farsightedness problem, then the Wulf would probably be allright...after all, when is the last time you saw a Werewolf reading the paper?
Nearsightedness might be offset to a degree by enhanced senses, but if the Smooth has 20/150 vision, the Wulf will be nearsighted, too.

Unless the writer fixes the problem, or unless the Smooth has Lasik or something like it, the Werewolf won't have that much better vision.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I'd imagine a werewolf's eyesight is "fixed." They are the ultimate hunters after all.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

If you're going by the human + normal wolf model, then a new werewolf's vision is actually likely to get worse. At the very least I'd expect some loss of color perception.

If you're going by MAGIC!!! then...anything goes, really.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Glasses

Post by Midnight »

Night_Hunter wrote:A human who wears glasses (not sun glasses) would not need them as a werewolf right?
It would fairly much be a moot point... even if they did need glasses, there'd be nowhere to hang them off... ears would be in the wrong place.
Night_Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: My cross to bare

Post by Night_Hunter »

contacts
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE RABIES TOO ?!!?

Read my stuff at:
http://nightfiction.blogspot.com/
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

To me, the human and wolf eyesight abilities would combine to create something better than the two alone could ever be. Also, if their vision had issues before becoming a werewolf, those would be fixed.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Okeez: You got the BITE and now you're all Fuzzy and Toothy. You're also nearsighted: your paw looks like a gray dandelion head (fuzzy). The fireplug is findable only by smell. Your Werewolf girlfriend actually looks cute!

Once you're back to Smoothville, how long would it take you to get a Lasik vision correction...even if you had to pawn your stuffed bear and all your pretty shinies?

Right...I thought so. What the Wulf doesn't cure, modern science can! :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wolves are nearsighted. If anything, being a werewolf might worsen your vision. Glasses and imperfect vision is very common in the real world, but movie characters almost universally have perfect vision, except for nerds, Harry Potter, and computer techies, as an archetypcal stigmata. Hollywood writers will use any excuse to get rid of glasses when they aren't actively dodging the subject.

On a related note, I bet contact lenses would get pretty uncomfortable after a night of running around the woods with bigger corneas.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

I would think the eye sight would remain relatively unchanged. Though, I would think that a werewolf would have night vision, but be able to see as lucidly as a human.
Smallville fan!