Doctors

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

There are a couple of things to consider here: I use a "Viroid" in the Wulfen series because of the amount of information it has to carry. It's a whole power of magnitude larger than a virus, and is thus just barely visible under an optical microscope...as a dot inside the cell it's invaded.
A virus is not visible optically, as it is much smaller that the very waves of light the microscope uses for imaging.

Now, as to "feeder mice": They would work if the Viroid is non-specific to humans and wolves; but most situations lead the reader to believe that the Lupus Inceptor virus or viroid is human-specific in its cellular activity. The virus(oid) might not be able to get through the protein coating on the mouse's cells, or be blocked by the mouse's nuclear membrane inside the cell.
There are mice with human dna, though; and while they would be much harder to get, they might be the test-pool needed for experimentation because they've been altered to have human chemestry inside their body cells.
If the virus(oid) invaded them, you'd get werewolves that were under an inch in size and ate cheese... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re:

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:There are a couple of things to consider here: I use a "Viroid" in the Wulfen series because of the amount of information it has to carry. It's a whole power of magnitude larger than a virus, and is thus just barely visible under an optical microscope...as a dot inside the cell it's invaded.
A virus is not visible optically, as it is much smaller that the very waves of light the microscope uses for imaging.

Now, as to "feeder mice": They would work if the Viroid is non-specific to humans and wolves; but most situations lead the reader to believe that the Lupus Inceptor virus or viroid is human-specific in its cellular activity. The virus(oid) might not be able to get through the protein coating on the mouse's cells, or be blocked by the mouse's nuclear membrane inside the cell.
There are mice with human dna, though; and while they would be much harder to get, they might be the test-pool needed for experimentation because they've been altered to have human chemestry inside their body cells.
If the virus(oid) invaded them, you'd get werewolves that were under an inch in size and ate cheese... :lol:
All very good points. Still, emphasis on the word "trying" in my last post. :grinp: I didn't say they could learn anything in a makeshift at-home laboratory, I just said they could build one.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Journal of Lycanthropology, Vol. 5, Issue 13

Post by Scott Gardener »

I pictured a whole new field of medicine coming about in a hypothetical future in which werewolves revealed themselves openly. Perhaps a more clandestine information network might exist among werewolves in a more contemporary, still-hidden realm. There might be "underground clinics" and maybe even a few scattered "hospitals" run by volunteers and funded by wealthier werewolves. They wouldn't look like regular medical facilities so much as dark and spooky secret labs, or at least houses in the woods with well-stocked medical cabinets.

I imagine the biggest medical problems would involve surviving the first few weeks and the first shifts. After that, lycanthropic regeneration would make most problems fix themselves. I suspect a lot of work would involve more the psychology and psychiatry of dealing with the change.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Believe in everything .

Re: Doctors

Post by RongYao »

Why there need to have a blood test to understand that someone is a werewolf .
Maybe this type of test don't show anything when the werewolf is in human form .
Do you thing about the way that "you can view something when its in front of you" ?
For every change of human body there have different ways to understand that something is going to happen !
p.s. Start thinking like a doctor ... then you maybe find the truth .
XD
I really think that there have something in the dark , Im gonna check this out ... Ill be right back and dont panic if something going wrong or just dont go after me !
p.s. You dont need to know what happens .
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page