Werewolves and collars. should it happen?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Yes
8%
No
35%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
3%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
5%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
24%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
24%

Total votes: 37

lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

I think so. I mean, it would depend on if it was a "The Wolfman" type, a full fledged wolf, or something else.
I think that a werewolf wearing a spiked collar or something and a vampire leading it around with a leash would look cool, but not enough people want that kind of thing (It would still be cool though)
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: Werewolves and collars. should it happen?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I really hate 'necroposting', but this was on the second page: http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... f=1&t=6977&

:duckie
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

lycan94 wrote:I think so. I mean, it would depend on if it was a "The Wolfman" type, a full fledged wolf, or something else.
I think that a werewolf wearing a spiked collar or something and a vampire leading it around with a leash would look cool, but not enough people want that kind of thing (It would still be cool though)
Okay: here's how it goes. See the "Search" up at the top of the page? Use it. Type in what you'd like to post about, and it'll tell you if a thread already exists or not. If a thread exists, check it out; does it reflect the question you want to ask? If yes; then post there, it will automatically be brought to page one and disdplayed as "hot". If "no", then post away; but remember that there may be a reason for your particular question not being in the thread. Times may have changed, viewpoints may drift, but if the thread doesn't handle the question/observation you want to make; then make it!
If you've come up with a truly new idea to discuss regarding Werewolves and there is absolutely nothing about it in any thread that the Search system comes up with, then fer' Ghod's sake POST!
You've had a new idea. Share it.

I always thought that necroposting was how vampires stayed in touch with each other... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Personally I truly despise the werewolf being the vampire's pet thing. Some how a werewolf being "domesticated" doesn't have the same appeal as if it were wild and devouring the vamp's innards. To me it contradicts what is a werewolf, a man that is chained down by society is transformed and turned into ruthless beast that is free to do what it damn well please.

In my fiction, weres wearing a collar would pretty much get their furry a** kicked in by fellow weres.
THE GAME

My Armory
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

Outwarddoodles: Thank you for posting that link. I'll be sure to read it.
Redeye: We have a search box. Man, why didn't i see that? Thanks for pointing out it's existance.
Anubis: Well okay then. Best of luck. I never liked the idea of psycho anti-vamp werewolves myself, but, I'm okay with it. Again, good luck.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
Windigo
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Windigo »

I agree with Anubis. A wolf being lead around by a vamp seems silly. If it was a weredog then yes.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

To each their own i guess.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

lycan94 wrote:I think so. I mean, it would depend on if it was a "The Wolfman" type, a full fledged wolf, or something else.
Actually the vampire thing is cool... but not as the pet of the vampire. Mate... mmm, maybe... anyway, it does depend on the situation. Camo, yeah; whenever the were needs their butt saved, yeah; ... stuff that no child will ever want to hear about... oh yeah... It works... sometimes...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:
I always thought that necroposting was how vampires stayed in touch with each other... :lol:
:roll: Ugh... let me guess: FIg's not here so you're making up for it?

(Actually i though that was okay... kinda...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

yea either a spike or double belted.
ImageImage
Just a Username
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Weredingo

Post by Just a Username »

Only in lupine form and only to shorten time at the pound if caught by the dog catcher. Even then, a werewolf would be reluctant at wearing a collar, it would degrade them to the status of a dog.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Regarding necroposting:
It's frowned upon at most forums, but it's preferable here to having repeat topics and having to trudge through the same arguments over and over again.

Regarding collars:
I think it'd be frowned upon, but some normal humans wear them too, so it wouldn't absolutely never happen either.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

The new revised about should Werewolves wear collars has mixed reactions. How shocking!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Well, I guess if they really wanted to wear a collar as some type of fashion statement (or just for the heck of it) they would, but never to be led around by someone else.

If it were me though, I probably wouldn't wear one unless it was to my advantage for some reason (ie: holding things while you run in wolf form or to be able to pass as a dog around people).
Last edited by Celestialwolf on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I remember reading a fanfiction for Detective Conan once that had Conan getting bit by a werewolf. He ended up wearing a collar as a ruse when he was in wolf form to ensure he didn't get stuck in a kennel. (Ran was aware he was a werewolf, but the disturbing thing is that she's teratophobic in the canon; she's phobic of monsters).

But I have to agree with the camoflague idea. Particularly if someone's in the know and is protecting the werewolf in question. That is something that I'm using in a werewolf novel I'm writing. :oops:

That's another reason I'm on this forum, but that's off topic.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Windigo wrote:I agree with Anubis. A wolf being lead around by a vamp seems silly. If it was a weredog then yes.
I do like the idea of werewolves being like guardians or bouncers or some other type of watchmen. But not as pets. More like a deal was made. They guard but they receive something in return. And they could wear collars in that sense like uniforms.

Didnt I see a movie where the werewolves guarded the vampires while the sun was up? ??
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

MoonKit wrote:
Windigo wrote:I agree with Anubis. A wolf being lead around by a vamp seems silly. If it was a weredog then yes.
I do like the idea of werewolves being like guardians or bouncers or some other type of watchmen. But not as pets. More like a deal was made. They guard but they receive something in return. And they could wear collars in that sense like uniforms.

Didnt I see a movie where the werewolves guarded the vampires while the sun was up? ??
That would be Underworld :D It will most likely be a big part of the third movie coming out soon as well.

Collars: Some times it would be a fashion statement(like with humans), and it could also be used as a way to look more like a loose dog around more human populated places. Full wolf form only with that one. I don't think a gestalt form werewolf wearing a dog collar will fool anyone :lol:
W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Post by W'rkncacnter »

Here's a thought:

A collar (or necklace if it's loose) is the only thing a werewolf won't be looked twice at for wearing in both forms. Thus, it's the one thing you can always carry with you!

The first thing I thought of was making it your wallet-on-a-string, except it's a collar/necklace (because cash is damn useful), but there are dozens of other possibilities.

Also, you could conceivably wear the thing as a fashion statement.
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I don't think a gestalt form werewolf wearing a dog collar would fool anyone :lol:
That's a little obvious, Silverclaw. But that would be a funny sight... A gestalt werewolf attempting to act like a dog. While a bunch of people are running around and freaking out over a werewolf. :roflmao:
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Werewolf-"No wait! I'm just a dog see? *points to collar* Woof, woof!"

lol :wink:
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

In my mind, I belive it's up to the prefence of the wearer. I myself would rather go with traditional were-wolf neck wear or a necklace with stones, and/or feathers. Some of the younger generations might be more pride driven, and wear collars in much the same way post civil war former slaves continued to carry chains. As a reminder to themselves of fellow wolves long since becomming human pets. Or it can just be cause they like the Emo scene and spikes make the outtfit.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

For a Werewolf, a collar could both serve as camouflage and as a way to carry things (since they tend not to have pockets handy).

I'm thinking a "collar" with a pouch in front that was secured around their ribcage, making a sort of haversack.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
airgead mac tire
Additional Details: #
I like walking bare foot in the rain
#
I like watching the moon
#
I like watching gory movies when I get a craving for meat
#
I love wolves
Mood: Ruthless

Post by airgead mac tire »

Personally, I hate the idea of being restrained in anyways shape or form. Why would a being thats existence was based upon freedom want to be chained by a vampire? Tamed by society? If it was for practicality, then okay...but if you were being lead around, controlled by someone...doesn't it destroy the point of being...you?
run with the wolves,fight alongside them.Feel your spirits rise and your heart warm at the sight of the shimmering light.Feel the place in your heart where comfort and safety fill the dark.
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

This is an intresting topic of debate. But for me the answear is simple. If you wanna wear a collar, then go ahead. If not, then nobody can make you.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

I think it would depend on your size once you changed. This reminds me of a cool story I read once in a book of Transylvanian folktales. A man had a dog that wore a spike collar and it got killed by a werewolf. The man decided to wear it for some reason (weird, I know!), and then he got bitten. When he changed for the first time the collar started to choke him so he had to take it off just in time to keep from being strangled.

And yes I have used a collar as a plot device for a weredog character once. :lol:
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com