Werewolf + Sore Throat

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

Werewolf + Sore Throat

Post by Ookami-kun »

How does a werewolf cope with this? I mean, can you TF with a sore throat, now howling at all? :hsup
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Werewolf + Sore Throat

Post by Spongy »

Would probably cope pretty much like a human, i guess. Although not being able to howl would suck.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Well, I think it would depend more or less on why the werewolf's throat is sore. It can be a symptom of a health concern that their lycanthropic regeneration may not be able to correct, but if it's just a result of the usual throat strain, I think their increased healing will take care of it.

Besides, it's not like a sore throat is a serious problem for normal humans. Really, sore throats and heartburn are the only two ailments I know of that you can find treatments for at the checkout at the grocery store. :grinp: Whatever it is, if it can be treated with something cherry flavored, I don't think it'll ever be an issue for a werewolf.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Ookami-kun wrote:How does a werewolf cope with this? I mean, can you TF with a sore throat, now howling at all? :hsup

Errrr.....oooooooookaaaaaay? [yoda]Odd question, that is.[/yoda]

I've got one. (Or 2.....3.)
Can a werewolf have a green thumb? Wait...does a werewolf have a thumb?

How about lint in the belly button?

:jester:
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Ookami-kun wrote:How does a werewolf cope with this? I mean, can you TF with a sore throat, now howling at all? :hsup
If the sore throat is use-related - e.g. from howling too much the previous night, or from breathing in smoke - that shouldn't stop the werewolf from transforming. Might make the traditional howl to the moon a bit of a strangled squawk, though.

If the sore throat is virus-related - e.g. from a cold or from an infection - then transforming might be a bad idea. It depends on whether transforming takes a lot out of you (the writhing, howling, joint-popping type) or puts a lot into you (the regenerative type). If the former... and particularly if transformation is the sort of strain that shouldn't be attempted unless you're in top condition - I could see serious side effects. If the latter, it might even be good for you.
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

It would probably go like....

Arroooooo*COUGH-COUGH-WHEEZE-ACK-CHOKE-COUGH*rrrrrr
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Looks like it boils down to the reason for the sore throat.

Not all Werewolves howl as they TF; some don't howl at all.

We're thinking Sore Throat = sickness. What if it was the result of getting whacked in the throat last time you TF'd? What if the Villagers tried hanging you?

There are a lot of reasons for a "sore throat" that have nothing to do with being sick.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
archangel_athena
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: isabella

Post by archangel_athena »

we dont get sore throtes...we heal in seconds so if we did get one it wouldnt last long but maybe a few mins....now broken bones those are different...