The world goes werewolf crazy.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Re: The world goes werewolf crazy.

Post by Irish Wolf »

Werewolves will never be ruined for me, unless they really existed and were crazy hairless rats. I enjoy be weird or a freak because i like werewolves, and for those titles to be taken away would annoy me and i would end up attacking crazy werewolf fans that aren't true fans.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Interesting scenario. However, it begs the question:

How can you ruin something that already sucks?

The thing that strikes me as ironic is that a lot of the people that complain Anne Rice ruined vampires are usually the ones that, to me, seem to be emulating Anne Rice's vampires. Personally, I think Rice is crap, but she didn't ruin vampires -- it was all of those wannabe-director dullards that flooded the market with cheap Anne Rice imitations that made the vampire overexposed. Same thing happened with the first Blade movie; it didn't suck, it was the sequels and imitators that sucked.

So who cares if a good werewolf movie inspires a bunch of crap copies? It's not like the industry wasn't producing crappy werewolf movies before it came out (Darkwolf anyone?).
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

The Howling"'s 2 through 7, anyone?
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

They would not be ruined for me at all, I would be happy . . . because . . .

IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME!

The werewolf has always been underrated, all I have heard about is vampires this and that. Even apocalypse scenarios are becoming to common a thing too. And not lets forget about Sci-Fi. I am a die hard Sci-Fi fan, as much as a werewolf fan, but too much is too much, and enough is enough.

Berserker, I hope what you say, does happen because there would be two groups/philosophies I will follow if true: Freemasonry(which I am starting to like a lot and sounds pretty good) and your "werewolf nature-pagan". Paganism too I like, as much as the Freemasonry, but in combination with werewolves, well . . . sign me up!
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

Personally, I'd still like werewolves... It's just that there'd be a flood of people coming onto this site and other sites that don't always get the nuances of the subculture of werewolf fans because they follow the crowd.

Okay, I'll admit that I'm guilty of this over Twilight. I saw some people who were reading it, so I decided to start reading it (after Breaking Dawn came out). :|
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I'd be all for it. :D That would mean more werewolf stuff would be made, movies/books/T-Shirts/figures/ect. And some of it will bound to be good too! :P It would be nice to see not-always-a-monster-werewolf become more mainstream.

We can always complain here about how everyone else are just posers :wink:
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

I don't see a problem, aslong as they stay true to lycanthropes. You know, avoid the classic Snarley beaste like the wolf man.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Grey wrote:I don't see a problem, as long as they stay true to lycanthropes. You know, avoid the classic Snarley beaste like the wolf man.
FYI Grey, some folks around these parts think the snarling wolf man beastie is "staying true to lycanthropes." :P
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

No disrespect ment. I understand.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

It wouldn't wreck it for me. I, as a writer and artist, would probably jump all over it and put in my creative two cents.

I'm still working on the Pashunara/Vrikanara. Problem is, I've imagined this whole big, complex world for them and I don't know where best to jump in.
ImageImageImageImage
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

vrikasatma wrote:It wouldn't wreck it for me. I, as a writer and artist, would probably jump all over it and put in my creative two cents.

I'm still working on the Pashunara/Vrikanara. Problem is, I've imagined this whole big, complex world for them and I don't know where best to jump in.
Try several points, then take the one that works best for you. Sometimes the easiest is the "Parallel Universe" bit, wherein your character gets sucked into this world. The advantage there is that you can make everyonr explain things for you (and your readers). There is also the "Diary" bit; where the story is told first person and you don't have to explain anything.
Whatever way works; works. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...