Your werewolf obsession. Does it go in phases?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Your werewolf obsession. Does it go in phases?

Post by Berserker »

It's almost that time of year again. I guess it has to do with Autumn, Halloween, or maybe a combination of the two. At this time of year, my mania for all things werewolf related seems to hit its peak.

Is your mania seasonal?
archangel_athena
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: isabella

Re: Your werewolf obsession. Does it go in phases?

Post by archangel_athena »

what kind of mania are we talking about?....
a. werewolf behavior?
b. love for any and all things werewolf?
c. all of the above? ??
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Werewolf interests
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Mine does go in phases, but it doesn't have anything to do with the seasons; I have had the occasional Autumn where I don't think about werewolves. It's more dependent on when and what I dream and the stories that pop up in my head. The more interesting the story, the more it sticks in my head, and the interest lives on.

But I wouldn't mind seeing or being a werewolf during Halloween. I haven't seen a werewolf costume in my life.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Same here!

Falls' my favorite season, all in all. I simply relate Autumn to werewolves in general -- I find it a lot more appealing to imagine the crunch of dead leaves under massive paws; the tawny grey-brown colour of pelts blending into the soon-sleeping forest; foggy breath in the iced air; autumn moon reflected in golden eyes; the symphony of smells, the dancing of colours, the mournful howls, mixing into an fantastic array of sights, smells, and sounds!!

.....err, uhh, where was I going with this?

Then again, it may be the whole Halloween concept influencing me. When else can I find werewolf paraphenilia at the grocery store, and enjoy Dog Soilders on the Scifi Channel? Besides, from what I know, a lot of horror related stories and shows are set in Fall or Winter. (Vampires in Spring? Pssh!!)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

For me, it's continual. What does get me going is a visit to the Cousins at the local Wolf Park.
Then I write like mad... :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Sunbane
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Sunbane »

outwarddoodles wrote:Falls' my favorite season, all in all.
Same with me! :D
Although I'm fairly creative all year around, there's something special about autumn for sure.

I really don't care for Halloween, since it hasn't been part of our traditions until recently, so for me autumn has no relation to it. But I like the whole thing about autumn - the weather becomes harsher, and the nights get colder, darker and longer. I have a hard time with the summer heat, so the colder weather is welcome. I like winter a lot as well, but autumn just tickles the creative nerve in a particular way.

Well, back on topic!
Yes, my werewolf interest does go in phases, and it is peaking in autumn. Lately I've had to work on my werewolf creations all year around, and it actually feels a little odd. (I'm making masks and items for LARP use, and they take many hours to produce). To me, autumn is werewolf season. :)
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Interesting question...

I know I'm obsessed because I think about them on a daily basis several times a day. The words "wolf" and "werewolf" instantly jump out and grab my attention anywhere they're seen or heard. I write about them, I try to draw them, I made a website about them (15,778 pageviews since June, so I must not be the only fan!). It doesn't change with the season. The times when I don't think about them as much are when I am so busy with other things like school that there's no time, or when I'm with friends and focus on them instead. If I could become one, I would.

Am I crazy? Probably. :wacko: Am I addicted? Most definitely! :o Is everyone backing away from me slowly now, or do you share my enthusiasm?
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

My focus on the interest fluctuates in cycles, as other interests surface. Right now, for instance, I've been reading up on coin collecting. Very different topic, with the possible exception of noting how hazardous Morgan dollars and Walking Liberty Halves might be to a shifted lycanthrope outside of certified PCGS and NGC holders. But, lycanthropy is still a thing that's always in the back of my mind. I still visualize shifting or scenes from my werewolf novel manuscript when I'm going to sleep.

That, and since I'm an ER worker, it's hard not to think of it when the nurses and X-ray techs are complaining about having to do shifts on a full moon. I can't help but think, "you should try mine." (Yes, I know, I'm not actually one, but I identify with the concept.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

The average numismatically inclined werewolf would be safe from any New Zealand circulating coins minted after 1947... if the date is too worn to read, anything with the word "Emperor" to the right of the old King's portrait would be off limits, but anything with "Sixth" to the right would probably be OK, and anything with the current Queen on it would be fine.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

American currency from 1965 onward would also be safe, except for 1966-69 half dollars, certain special proofs, and, obviously, silver bullion. But, most of the really valuable coins are older. Well, one could always just collect gold.
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

all year round :D
ImageImage
LunarCarnivore
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: RAR!

Post by LunarCarnivore »

its almost continual, but sometimes i get sidetracked. like ill see an awesome movie about ghosts, then ill be on ghosts for a while. whenever another mini-obsession comes though, i find myself working werewolves in somewhere. also it varies in intensity....low point: not thinking about weres at all, just chilling, probably doing some activity which leaves no room for the weres. High Point: doing a minor role-play in my head, basicly pretending im a were and no one knows, completely consumed by thoughts and fantasies of werewolves. its not seasonal, but i do find i reach high point more often when im lonely or bored. and i find it impossible to think of werewolves when around my girlfriend, unless it comes up in conversation. she's similarly obsessed, but with vampires, but not one of those goth wierdos. as for halloween, that doesnt really bring it out so much as i can express it more openly, and theres more werewolf paraphenalia around. so yeah, im slightly crazy.
Formerly known as Wolf-Man-24
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Apart from the leafers -- the New Yorkers and/or Floridians that come here and drive fifteen miles under the speed limit so they can see the leaves turning brown -- I'm a fall guy myself, but it has nothing to do with my interest in werewolves. If anything, the month of October reduces my interest in werewolves, as well as all other things that go bump in the night (vampires, zombies, psychotic next door neighbors, etc) because that's when all the dullards in America begin expressing an interest in said subjects and overplay them so much I only end up retreating back to them to escape the Christmas madness.

What Halloween does increase in me is my strange fascination with semi-obscure and highly dated pop culture. Probably because I find the Homestar Runner approach to Halloween much more entertaining (I swear, one of these days I will go out as Carmen Miranda). :grinp:
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

Im all year round. My father was a big werewolf fan and well it rubbed off on me.
Some of my favorite childhood memories are staying up late and watch werewolf movies with him.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

My phases go up and down in fad like behavouir. One moment I am like OMFG werewolves the next minute I am like, oh werewolves *walks off*
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've often thought that it would be a great story idea to have someone casually interested in werewolves get bitten and enjoy the gee-whiz of it, only to lose interest but still have to deal with the permanence of being one.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Apparently Fall is when people are least excited about werewolves. This whole forum has been pretty dead for the past few weeks. :|
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper

Post by Noir-Okami »

Yes, for me, it does.
Spring-No werewolf interest. I want to run around outside.
Summer-Interest comes in. I start watching werewolf movies, but not really going off the deep end
Autumn- The peak. The one day of the year I can run around in a werewolf costume and nobody spares a second glance is Halloween. :howl:  :oo That, and wanting to watch Teen Wolf just to mock it. (Hint: Scott doesn't look like a wolf.) :lol:
Winter- Starts steadying. I still think about werewolves, but nothing too off the deep end.

Edit: Spelling error
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Believe in everything .

Post by RongYao »

Nope, my obsession is only increasing with the time ... everyday I'm more obsessed by them than the previous .
:)
I really think that there have something in the dark , Im gonna check this out ... Ill be right back and dont panic if something going wrong or just dont go after me !
p.s. You dont need to know what happens .
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

My interest in werewolves probably never wanes, no matter the seasons. So it's logical that it doesn't peak, either.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

My fascination tends to last me all year round, a day doesn't go by where I don't think about them, and the other little obsessions that crowd my jumbled mindscape.

I'm very good at relaxation and light self-hypnosis, and I spend a little while each day inside my own head, and I usually end up writing down my experiences. It's not something I think I'd ever share, because I don't have the confidence to, but it's one of those little things that keeps me going, it's almost part of my daily rituals.

I wish I had others to out-heave my mind upon though, but in Britain I do tend to feel amazingly alone. The people around here seem to want to be almost nauseatingly and oppressively normal, it makes me push back each day by being more and more strange and eccentric.
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

My cycle tends to go Aliens/Predator/, Werewolf, Vampire, General Undead, Godzilla, then back to Aliens/Predator. :D
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

Bloodyredbaron wrote:My cycle tends to go Aliens/Predator/, Werewolf, Vampire, General Undead, Godzilla, then back to Aliens/Predator. :D
Wow, that's complicated. xD

If mine goes in a cycle at all, it'd be werewolves, wolves, then werewolves again. xDDDDD
wolfbynight
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by wolfbynight »

Mine is year round as well, but i have noticed that when dreaming the lucidness of the dreams does go in spurts.