What werewolves should NOT look like.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Icewolf

What werewolves should NOT look like.

Post by Icewolf »

I HATE it when movies portray werewolves as savage beasts that only live for the hunt.

And I hate it when said "werewolves" don't eben LOOK like wolves.

A werewolf HAS to have a tail. And digitigrade legs. And none of that stupid giant fangs bullshit.

I'm really tired of movies that show werewolves as either:

-- shaved wolf-men (as in no hair like in Harry Potter)
-- antho wolves with no tail (like in Van Helsing)
-- quadrepedal monkies (think American Werewolf in Paris)

For ONCE... please make werewolves look like this-- http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Icew ... lored1.jpg

Without the wings, of course.

Who ever said that werewolves HAD to be mindless monsters bent on killing? Animals don't kill for sport-- only humans do.

For once, I would like to see if the movie industry has the balls to make a new kind of werewolf.

Icewolf, probably the world's only flying werewolf.

http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Icewolf-Tundrastalker/

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: What werewolves should NOT look like.

Post by Figarou »

Icewolf wrote:I HATE it when movies portray werewolves as savage beasts that only live for the hunt.

And I hate it when said "werewolves" don't eben LOOK like wolves.

A werewolf HAS to have a tail. And digitigrade legs. And none of that stupid giant fangs bullshit.

I'm really tired of movies that show werewolves as either:

-- shaved wolf-men (as in no hair like in Harry Potter)
-- antho wolves with no tail (like in Van Helsing)
-- quadrepedal monkies (think American Werewolf in Paris)

For ONCE... please make werewolves look like this-- http://us-p.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Icew ... lored1.jpg.

Without the wings, of course.

Who ever said that werewolves HAD to be mindless monsters bent on killing? Animals don't kill for sport-- only humans do.

For once, I would like to see if the movie industry has the balls to make a new kind of werewolf.
we're way ahead of you, Icewolf. Everything you listed is taken care of. :wink:
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Just so you know, your link has an extra period at the end, which causes a file not found error.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:Just so you know, your link has an extra period at the end, which causes a file not found error.

-- Vilkacis

not anymore. :wink:

link fixed.
Icewolf

Post by Icewolf »

Thanks!

Icewolf, probably the world's only flying werewolf.

http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Icewolf-Tundrastalker/

JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

:D Don't forget werepig :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I hate WW designs with bald, wrinkled faces :x Ewww :P
I dont care much for plantigrade feet at all as well. Too Big Footish :)
And no WW in any movie has had ears I liked
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

The old wolfman, period. :roll:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Barney the Dinosaur..... okay yes I know that's obvious but I might as well cover all bases right? right? guys?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Barney the Dinosaur..... okay yes I know that's obvious but I might as well cover all bases right? right? guys?

you, my friend, need treatment. And this coming from a werewolf that tosses duckies!!!

AAAA.....HAHAHAHA!!!

:jester2:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

As long as we're covering everything: The werewolf in that one episode of Scooby Doo that was green.

I kept thinking throughout that episode, "That is not a werewolf. That is a zombie.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

I think we'd rather them be green rather then explody-headed.... or purple and scalie.

Though I would think that we could avoid all three scenerio's. Would hope so at least.
IblisPendragon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ekte norsk varulv

Post by IblisPendragon »

but wouldn't there werewolf be able to kill for fun since it 's part human?
Funny really, one should think that the human would fight the urges of the wolf, when it's the wolf who must fight the urges of Man...haha
.? That is the problem with you mortals, you die too easily. You hardly fight back. A couple of pitiful screams and a little squirming and you are done. I can hardly call it satisfactory."

What's the point? They got their Keanu Reeves now...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

IblisPendragon wrote:but wouldn't there werewolf be able to kill for fun since it 's part human?
Funny really, one should think that the human would fight the urges of the wolf, when it's the wolf who must fight the urges of Man...haha
Something like that should depend a lot on the personalty of the human. So if a psycho mainiac gets bitten, than sure a bloody rampage through town makes sense. But everyone shouldn't be going:

:shift:
"oh hay I think I'll go eat some people now"
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

hmm i might think along those lines lck ...nah, i agree on the presonality bit, or maybe the excuse or the hollywood there fridge was empty and there stomache was too :lol:

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

First off, welcome to the club, Icewolf. As you've seen by now, you're not alone. Every rant you gave has been meticulously pursued by a number of us. And, again a reminder, this site was originally created by Anthony and Meagan Brownrigg in order to get feedback about what to do or not do with a werewolf movie. Because of our feedback, they've heavily upgraded their plans, transforming what was going to be the B-movie "Devoured" into the bigger production Freeborn. Freeborn will feature werewolves that have tails, look like wolves, and have intelligent motivations. They'll look more like Goldenwolf than Underworld, and the movie will be both story-driven and vivid. I think it will scare a lot of people more than a basic horror film would, because it will look and feel so much more real. Especially to us werewolf fans, since it's based on what we picture in our heads.

That said, more of what we don't want in our werewolf movies:

1. Shapeshifting that involves clothing or jewelry spontaneously appearing or disappearing

2. Eyes that not just reflect light, but contain a bioluminescent red glow properly reserved for deep-sea fish

3. Something turning into a rat, cat, gorilla, or pig but called a werewolf instead of a were-[said animal]

4. Strange powers, other than shapeshifting, that would make one eligible to apply for Professor Charles Xavier's "university"

5. The Amazing Spiderwolfman!

6. A nose that looks like that of a horse, gargoyle, or anything other than the schnoz of a wolf

7. A creature that is entirely off-screen except for one paw

8. Any member of anatomy to resemble a popsickle stick

9. Anything obviously vague between the legs, when something should be visible, to the point of looking more like a mascot than a lycanthrope

10. And, not related to the creature itself, people actively avoiding the word "werewolf," instead referring to the creature as a "Yadiglanchi" and occasionally throwing in "lycanthrope," inflection on the first and third syllable, followed by someone saying only once for the entire movie, "you mean a werewolf? That's crazy!"
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Well, but when we say 'look like wolves'; I think they shouldn't be exactly like wolves, unless in full wolf form, and by that, I don't only mean the body, I think the head shall be subtly (not too much, otherwise it would look like Wolfman :P) different from that of a wolf.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

We are by far way ahead of ya!
4. Strange powers, other than shapeshifting, that would make one eligible to apply for Professor Charles Xavier's "university"
That is quite something I just dont like. I like a werewolf that shape shifts into a wolf, tah da thats all!
7. A creature that is entirely off-screen except for one paw
I hate it when they resrict your veiw. You know the sad thing about the Van Helsing thing? It took me untill the final battle to see the werewolf had no tail, and I was still very unsure if it did or not. Becuase of all the darkness.

11. Resricted veiwing (as mentioned) whihc would inculd only seeing certian parts and the darkness.

12. Strange transformation. The skin should not bubble and no green goo! Also the little wave of light transformaing them into what ever instantly. No glowing or light etheir.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, sometimes if a movie maker gives too good of a view it feels like they're showing off. There's a bit of a balencing act involved here I'm afraid to say.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

WolvenOne wrote:Well, sometimes if a movie maker gives too good of a view it feels like they're showing off. There's a bit of a balencing act involved here I'm afraid to say.
I don't mind being showed off to, as long as it's something worth showing off, and as long as it doesn't get in the way of the story.

-- Vilkacis
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh well yes. I don't want a show off, such as excessive fighting or blowing up/bombing scenes. But I still dislike the restricted veiwing on charaters as such.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

What I don't want is excessive use of "seeing the world from the werewolf's point of view"

One time is good enough.

Thats it. Just once. Don't over do it. Got it?: good. :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:What I don't want is excessive use of "seeing the world from the werewolf's point of view"

One time is good enough.

Thats it. Just once. Don't over do it. Got it?: good. :D
Personally, I think one time is too many, but that's just me.
:lol:

-- Vilkacis
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes, ditto on the green goo and bubbling.

Wolves aren't slimy. Humans generally stop being slimy past the age of 2. There's no reason for werewolves to be slimy.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Yeah, the slime just doesn't fit there. Unless the werewolf say 'blows up chunks'. Hrm...thats raises a question. Would an inexperianced, or any, werewolf blow chunks during a shift posibly? Or even pee his pants?
:?