The stuff "down there"

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

The stuff "down there"

Post by Ookami-kun »

So yeah, I tend to imagine werewolves having already specialized "stretchy" undies, but some still prefer them to be nude. While I don't mind it at all, a lot argue about my idea having werewolves wear even briefs. They said that "the fur takes care of the stuff below". But I disagree. I mean, wolves have fur, but you could see their... uh... stuff... heck you could even see their uh... "tits" to put it bluntly, despite people thinking that "fur should be like a natural bra".
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The stuff "down there"

Post by Berserker »

Most of the original conversations about this topic were in the context of the movies, i.e. what should Freeborn do about it?

My answer is, well of course movies shouldn't show anything. Don't create it and it isn't there, it's that simple, and most werewolf movies follow this logic (like Dog Soldiers for instance.)

Now if we're talking about werewolves in general, it totally depends on the kind of werewolf in the story.

City-slicker college furry werewolves? "Omg do these Ralph Lauren jeans make my tail look fat?"

Deer-hunter return-to-nature werewolves? "The woods are naked, why shouldn't I be!"

Everyday Joe werewolves? "Damn, my jeans got all shredded, better rip 'em off at the knee!"

Super comic book alter-ego werewolves? "Oooh this stretchy spandex shows what a true hero I am!"

Monstrous beast werewolves? "Grrraroaoroggh!"

As for my own personal werewolves... those who embrace their animal half as a return to a feral kind of life would shed their clothing intentionally as a matter of principle, while those who aren't ready to embrace it might be less likely to do so, and then only for practicality or conformity.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Berserker wrote:As for my own personal werewolves... those who embrace their animal half as a return to a feral kind of life would shed their clothing intentionally as a matter of principle, while those who aren't ready to embrace it might be less likely to do so, and then only for practicality or conformity.
It's more or less the same for me; werewolves who go wild are encouraged to give it all up and become a full wolf, while urban werewolves are reminded not to get in the habit of doing anything you wouldn't otherwise in human form. The most common method would be to wear sweat pants, dorm pants, or something else that's stretchy and durable instead of underpants, then they just take off the top layer when it's time to shift and they can still be modest.

Personally, I don't think the "bits" are that much of an issue either way. It's not like anyone that saw a werewolf would look there first.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

"Yes, Officer, I am certain that it was a werewolf. A female werewolf."

"How do I know it was a female? Well, she had breasts; for one."

"What color were her eyes? Ummm...I'm not sure..." :lol: :P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

I guess it's more of a pet-peeve than anything.

ZOMG werewolf with bra!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Ookami-kun wrote:I guess it's more of a pet-peeve than anything.

ZOMG werewolf with bra!
True. But a lot of the most recent werewolf movies tried to compensate for their complete lack of substance with twisted sex appeal, so it'd be an even bigger pet peeve for even more viewers to see a werewolf with explicit "gender indicators." We've had similar discussions in the past, and this is probably the one and only topic that's ever come up where artistic license routinely trumps realism. :P
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I never trust Hollywood for making Werewolf and Vampire movies. They suck at those sometimes.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Unless you really want a werewolf with a serious fashion statement like polka dots on a freakin' iron bikini, I don't care if they so much as go out wearing an ancient greek wrestling thong.

But then you'd have to go further and make them wear overalls and a possessed ancient hockey mask...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The need to hide portions of one's visible anatomy is purely a cultural one, and I can see werewolves tossing clothes as part of the mental and emotional letting go as well as part of the physical shift.

Fur can de-emphasize certain appendages, but it does not hide them completely--consider the appearance of these said body components on actual wolves or wolf-like animals (such as a malamute or Siberian husky).

As a purist, werewolves as I envision them would have a tough time getting past censorship in movies today. Granted, the movies would usually by R-rated anyway here in the U.S. (Those of you elsewhere, substitute whatever rating your movie ratings association uses for "intended for mature audiences only.") I suspect in a few decades, social values may change.

Indeed, in my storyline time line, werewolves revealing themselves publicly sets off some of these social trends. Specifically, werewolves reveal themselves at the end of 2012, and by 2020, there's enough people bitten that a werewolf culture and community exists. In the 2020s, there's also a strong social and political reaction against werewolves, and in some places, people try to harass werewolves; one way is by having them cited by the police for public nudity when roaming in shifted form. Some werewolves counter-attack with like passive-aggressiveness, by "streaking" in full wolf form (or occasionally in more of a Gestalt form) through major public venues. Imagine a baseball game getting interrupted as a wolf runs across the field.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Berserker wrote:Everyday Joe werewolves? "Damn, my jeans got all shredded, better rip 'em off at the knee!"
Figarou? 8)

The concept of a werewolf prancing around in a bra is kinda funny though.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Scott Gardener wrote:In the 2020s, there's also a strong social and political reaction against werewolves, and in some places, people try to harass werewolves; one way is by having them cited by the police for public nudity when roaming in shifted form. Some werewolves counter-attack with like passive-aggressiveness, by "streaking" in full wolf form (or occasionally in more of a Gestalt form) through major public venues.
Teeheeheeheehee.

I wonder, though, how many complaints would be laid against perfectly harmless Huskies or German Shepherds by people with more paranoia than discrimination...
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

I think it also depends whether the werewolf is a "furry" or a "feral".