Something Different-- I.Q. test.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Something Different-- I.Q. test.

Post by RedEye »

Here's the situation:
You're a Werewolf, not the nasty kind; but the intelligent kind. You have "wolf-napped" one of your old Human friends out into the woods (maybe by chasing them or leading them on).
You look like a Brownrigg Standard Werewolf: Upright, with semi-hands, no clothing or anything to show who you were. You cannot talk.
You're trying to contact someone who knows you.
How do you show them you aren't going to kill them? How do you communicate with them? How do you tell them what happened to you?
Everybody thinks you're dead, or wandered off into the distance.
How would you communicate who you were?
For extra points: There is a Hunter after you. How do you "talk" someone into protecting you, rather than turning you over to them? :?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Something Different-- I.Q. test.

Post by Wselfwulf »

Hang on, I'm confused. I'm trying to contact someone, the same someone I wolf-napped? If so...hmmm. Surely a playful lick would indicate friendliness. Or perhaps dog-like barking until you incite them into speaking and asking questions, in which case you can set up a rudimentary yes/no celebrity heads type identifier. Or morse howling? Perhaps you can use the local wildlife to demonstrate what happened to you. But I'm sure not killing them is a good sign suggesting you are not going to kill them.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Post by heartlessfang »

carry signs....lots of signs.........

lol just kidding(or rather I wish.... :cry: ). At least show them that I'm friendly.....um....and do some sort of charades/embarassing thing that only I would do so that It would be easier to fingure out that it's me....for the hunter part.....more charades....um.....
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

If it were a friend:

I like the ideas of charades. If theres dirt or sand around, you could always write or draw something. Or if you've got some sort of inside joke with that friend that doesnt involve talking, you could try that too.

I don't have any idea about hunters, though.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

I would write something on a piece of paper in ink, and give them money to keep me safe. that what i would do if i wanted someone to hide me if i cannot speak.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

First thing that came to my mind was just writing it down for them. I mean, even with paw-hands you should still be able to write at least as well as you can with your left hand (assuming you're right handed). I duno, I also might go get into my car and see how well I can drive over to their house (Hey! werewolves can drive!), get them into the car before they can freak out, and then take them somewhere to explain things.

Also, I'd probably just blow up the hunter's house! Who needs a wolf hunter as an ally, anyway? If I absolutely had to have him protect me, I'd try to do nice things for him that makes it obvious who was doing it. What exactly? Nothing comes to mind...
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Put on a top hat, grab a cane, and start tap-dancing!

In all seriousness, I would probably do something along those lines; something so unexpected by a wolf that the only explanation is that it must be human. Maybe a thumbs-up signal (assuming you can do that with paws), some sort of dance, pointing at things, unusual postures, etc.

By the way, great idea RedEye. This thread is proof that this forum isn't as dead as it might seem!
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:How do you show them you aren't going to kill them?
Start by sitting them down, cupping a hand/paw over their mouth and making the universal "shush" motion. I'd hold that position until they had calmed down before taking my hand away; if they try to scream again, cup my hand back and repeat as necessary. When they finally are quiet, I'll smile and give them a pat on the head, then sit back and let them have a look at me and catch their bearings.
How do you communicate with them?
Preferably use my claws to write in the dirt, but if I don't have claws or there's nothing I can write on them with, resort to simple sign language or charades.
How do you tell them what happened to you?
Dude, I'm a werewolf. I really hope they can figure that one out for themselves. If they do, however, ask me anything like "what are you?" or "what happened to you?" I'd give them the "dude, are you serious?!" look (seen here at 1:05)
Most everyone knows me by my naturally curly hair, which everyone but my mother refers to as an afro. If they ask me who I am, I can make a "puffing / expanding" motion around my head to signify an afro and anyone that knows me should get it immediately.
For extra points: There is a Hunter after you. How do you "talk" them into protecting you, rather than turning you over to them? :?
I'll charade "lunatics-" (spinning an index finger around my ear) "-with guns" (mime a shotgun being loaded), then put my left hand on their shoulder, make eye contact with them and offer them a handshake to signify a truce/cooperation. I wouldn't take the time to convince them to protect me and instead would imply that we would protect each other, nor would I attempt in any way to explain the motivation of the hunters; if they asked me anything I didn't know, couldn't sign or didn't want to divulge, I'd tap my wrist three times (the sign for "time!") to hurry them along.

And regardless of how one-sided the "truce" between us may be the night it was made, they now know my name, so of course I will intend to return the favor and give them a full explanation. . . Once I'm back in human form, of course.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

RedEye wrote: You're trying to contact someone who knows you.
How do you show them you aren't going to kill them? How do you communicate with them? How do you tell them what happened to you?
Well, you text them, obviously. Assuming you're at least as intelligent as a preteen, you should be able to bang out "In woods, bring steak plzkthnx" This works even better if you have your own cell phone, and they know the number is yours. Best case scenario: your friend is there, looking at the big wolf thing sitting in front of the phone, and wondering what's happening.
Hey, that reminds me of that phone commercial where the guys go camping, then a bear gets their phone and it randomly starts taking pictures of its fur.
"Jim sent me these pictures, I think he got a dog or something."
Everybody thinks you're dead, or wandered off into the distance.
Well, the best thing to do would be to make a plan, before chasing the guy into the woods. Do something that you would know, or would be a little difficult for someone to find out. Something like breaking into your house, deactivating the alarm, and writing/carving something into the wall. Turn the alarm back on when you're leaving, make people wonder what's happening and who did it.
Though, it would be best to aim for a neutral area, where you convince them you're not going to feast on their delicious entrails, but where the "conversation" hasn't gotten to:
"Oh, it's you."
"Yeah."
"So...you look different."
"Yeah, I wanted to change my image."
"Huh. Ah, what big ears you have."
"All the better to...wait, you noticed?
"Yeah, the fur and tail kinda tipped me off."
"Damn, I was hoping to keep you guessing, say I was Gary from accounting."
"Whatever happened to him?"
"He's around, most of him anyways."
"Hmm, oh I see him under the blanket. Wait, is that blood? Did he taste like chicken?"
"I hate you."
For extra points: There is a Hunter after you. How do you "talk" them into protecting you, rather than turning you over to them? :?
So, do you mean talk the friend into protecting you from the hunter, or getting the hunter to protect you from himself, or getting the hunter to protect you from your friend?
Using elaborate plans and convenient nearby theatre props, you each disguise yourself as traveling Armenian genuine fake Rolex salesmen. Using your business savvy and gilded tongue, you talk the hunter into a friendly game of cards. Soon, you will have swindled the man out of his gun, life savings, and left shoe. Then it all becomes clear: Shoot your friend and say that he was the werewolf.

Or you could just make it seem like you, the human you, is nearby, wounded, and probably unconscious. Hopefully your friend will be concerned, and attempt to get the hunter to help him search. This plan works best if your friend is not aware that you, the werewolf you, is nearby or even exist at all. Provided the hunter has some manners, he won't simply shoot your friend out of hand. Thus the hunter knows that werewolf you is nearby, and he will be suspicious of your friend. In short order you should have your chance to escape unnoticed, or kill the hunter, or to pick a spot to reveal yourself in such a manner that the hunter cannot shoot you without your friend trying to stop him. Then, according to the ancient rituals, they strip to the waist and wrestle to solve their dispute. Or something slightly more plot-relevant occurs.
I mean, you're a werewolf, shouldn't be too hard to make it look like someone was attacked and dragged into the woods, and insinuate that it was the human you. Leave your wallet, or cell phone, or favorite shirt, or autographed picture of you being pulled into the underbrush for your friend to notice. Then leave something else in/on/near the hunter's vehicle if he brought on. Friend missing and possibly hurt, strange man with gun looking at you sideways and very tense for some reason. Then you find your friend's wallet, with blood on it, beside his truck even though he says he's never seen you before...totally not suspicious. For extra goodness, take something of the hunter's, maybe even injure him slightly if you can. Plant the item somewhere.
Though, if you've got the faculty to devise a plan like that, probably not going to be too far out there to club the guy over the head and be done with it.

But the dance routine Gevaudan suggested could work too. Possibly with nearby forest creatures as backup dancers, and some music from Dances With Wolves playing as well.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper

Post by Noir-Okami »

I'd do something only I would do...

I would start attempting to sing Not Illegal and Werewolves of London. Or tap dance. Or perform a kata. It really depends on who it is.

That would be hard, though, and would only communicate the idea that it's you. Not that you're being chased or you'll be stuck like that for a while...

I'd drag whoever it is to my house (still having a key) and come in. I'd then go over to my computer and start typing. In big letters just to get the point across. Seeing that the werewolf form has the half paw- half hand thing going on. (But, I tried this with gloves I made for a werewolf costume, any of those touch pads on laptops will not work.)

Then have said person come up with a cock and bull story that I went to Canada, depending on what was going on.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

My thoughts to your thoughts... our minds are one...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Letters in the sand...

OK, in the dirt, but "letters in the sand" sounds more poetic. It sounds like a song title, or a novel. "Letters in the dirt" sounds like a password.

I'd write out short words. (Maybe I'd start out with things like "No Kill I." A Trekkie would get the reference.) Maybe arranging some sticks on the ground to form "do not fear." Granted, I'd expect the person to be afraid anyway, but at least he or she would see that this creature is trying to communicate. We could then move on to yes/no questions, with two yowls for no, three for yes.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Or just "nod" for yes and "shake head no" for no. Shrug shoulders for "I don't know." :P
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

I would bring a pen and paper, lower myself to make me less intimidating, draw my ears back, and show them a piece of paper explaining everything.
Smallville fan!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Remember: you're starkers. Naked. Barefoot to the forehead. All you have is your fur, teeth, and claws (standard Werewolf-issue equipment).
No Phone, keys, or anything else...just your own lovely self. The only good thing is that it's too cold for fleas right now. :lol:

Writing in the dirt is one way to go, but suppose you practically have to sit on the person to make them pay attention to your prose?
Remember; Werewolves are normally pretty scary looking. :x

To clarify the "Hunter" situation, there is a classical "God-anointed Werewolf Destroyer" after you, ie; a religious psychotic who doesn't care who you are: you're a Werewolf and thus a target...and maybe anyone with you as well. Assume this fellow is already on the "wanted" list for eliminating someone who wasn't a werewolf but just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...not that the "hunter" cares. :(

That should clarify things, I hope. There are some good answers already.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noir-Okami »

I'd break into my own house and shut my dog up before the neighbors realized anything. Then I could get paper or access to a computer. And I'm very short. If I were a werewolf and kept the same height, I'd convince my friend to act like I was a dog in front of people.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Communicate telepathically, if possible. It sometimes work if your werewolf mind has opened up its telepathic ability in the brain.

Dr. Jones can accept werewolves in his adventures, if that werewolf won't bite him.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

I'd try and use very friendly body laguage, try and communicate with pantomime and do that writing in the dirt thing others were talking about. I'd simply write my name and an arrow in the dirt pointing to me.

Aad if I was being pursued by a hunter, I'd try and convince my friend to act as a decoy for the hunter, saying he was attacked and giving details and false directions to said hunter, while I sneak up behind the hunter and close in for the kill.
XIV
punxnotdead
Legendary
Legendary

Post by punxnotdead »

Wow, that's really clever. I might possibly do the same.
Smallville fan!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:Remember: you're starkers. Naked. Barefoot to the forehead. All you have is your fur, teeth, and claws (standard Werewolf-issue equipment).
No Phone, keys, or anything else...just your own lovely self. The only good thing is that it's too cold for fleas right now. :lol:

Writing in the dirt is one way to go, but suppose you practically have to sit on the person to make them pay attention to your prose?
Remember; Werewolves are normally pretty scary looking. :x
My first step was to gag the person, shush them and wait until they calm down, so this doesn't really change much.
To clarify the "Hunter" situation, there is a classical "God-anointed Werewolf Destroyer" after you, ie; a religious psychotic who doesn't care who you are: you're a Werewolf and thus a target...and maybe anyone with you as well. Assume this fellow is already on the "wanted" list for eliminating someone who wasn't a werewolf but just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...not that the "hunter" cares. :(
Doesn't really change anything either, except maybe how much patience I have with the person before I just throw them over my shoulder and start running. They don't need to know everything right then and there; all they need to know is "lunatic with gun." That should be enough to get anyone moving.
So, um. . . Thanks for clarifying, but no changes for me. :D
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Post by heartlessfang »

with the new info...I would just grab them and run. It'll be easier to explain everything later.....well I just hope they aren't carrying any sharp objects on them to go "stabby, stabby!" with.......
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Celestialwolf »

RedEye wrote:Remember: you're starkers. Naked. Barefoot to the forehead. All you have is your fur, teeth, and claws (standard Werewolf-issue equipment).
Well, okay. In that case, I guess I would have to alter my former response a bit... I would purposefully let my friend see me (without revealing who I was) so he knew there was a werewolf around. He'd then go tell the hunter where he saw me, and lead him to where I was hiding. After that, I'd jump out, kill the hunter :evil: , then grab my friend to stop him from leaving and make it clear that I don't want to kill/hurt him :puppyeyes: . I'd try to get him to start talking to me, and then use nods, thumbs up/thumbs down and any other gestures so we could carry on some kind of conversation without words. Heck--if we both knew sign language I'd use that.

Of course, I'd have to lure said friend somewhere so only he would see me, and I'd also have to some how make sure he knew there was a werewolf hunter around and how to find him...

I hope this makes sense--it's too late to be up :cafinated:
--
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

I'd probably start writing my name in the dirt, even if I don't have claws, it shouldn't be to hard to get a strick or a rock. We're in the forest.

As for the hunter, it depends.

Is this just some shotgun toting yokel, religous nut, angry torch wielding villager? Or is he a competent hunter who knows what he's doing? If it's the former I'll just eat them. If it's the latter...things get more complicated.

Do we have access to our former places of residence? If so I'll just grab my gun and pick him off at a distance. If not I'll have my friend distract him, while I drop down on him from a nearby tree.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noir-Okami »

Or you could just follow Fig's example and find a rubber duckie to throw at them. :ducktoss2: :lol:

Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Celestialwolf »

Bloodyredbaron wrote:As for the hunter, it depends.

Is this just some shotgun toting yokel, religous nut, angry torch wielding villager? Or is he a competent hunter who knows what he's doing? If it's the former I'll just eat them. If it's the latter...things get more complicated.

Do we have access to our former places of residence? If so I'll just grab my gun and pick him off at a distance. If not I'll have my friend distract him, while I drop down on him from a nearby tree.
The answers are in Redeye's second post above.
--