I have an interesting question

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Re: I have an interesting question

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

heartlessfang wrote:
blackwolfhell wrote:nope. I was actually using my own research. I wrote a book about werewolves. I should have some good arguments to enforce what I know. :evil:

The problem is that instead of stating that your creatures were that way, you said that ALL creatures of that type are that way. We all have different ideas and versions of those creatures, so it wouldn't be right to make an assumption that all are of that type and only that type that you have suggested.

Your rules and research only apply to your own creatures.

In short, I completely agree with Berserker-san.
Thank you.
Back on topic: I think that the BIOHAZARD game (better known as Resident Evil) Zombies can be a good basis for this discussion. For example, they are victims of a manufactured virus called the T virus. Um.....I'll need to came back with more data on them later....I think the Victims become mostly brain dead, but are clinically still alive.
And, eh: http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/T-virus
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Post by heartlessfang »

No, thank you for that link Brb-san!

for those who dont want to scroll down that page...
The T-virus is built like many viruses, but not all. As the virus makes contact with a cell's membrane, it inserts its genetic coding into the cell. The cell absorbs the viral genome into its own genetic make-up, which takes over the cell's functions. The cell begins to produce offspring of the original virus. The new viruses are then released from the host cell and infect the neighbouring cells, which starts the process all over again.

The T-virus kills and replaces mitochondrial organelles with a replica of itself. The virus then combines with other cells to produce energy. The energy produced is just enough to power the motor neurons and the basic lower brain functions. Not only that, but this bypasses the entire circulatory system, which makes the heart and lungs redundant systems that can be disposed of. The reanimated host body is then left with the intense need to feed in order to replenish energy supplies without having to sacrifice its own tissue. Actions taken by the host in this time period greatly resemble that of "zombies" depicted in horror movies, and are thus dubbed by that name.

However, the T-virus can only properly function by consuming the cell in order to produce its energy. This slow breakdown of cells leads to the gradual breakdown of the host, causing necrosis. The virus incorporates itself into the host's DNA, which substantially alters it. This is why creatures, such as bees and spiders, only have very minor mutation, such as increased size, when compared to the human mutation caused by the virus.

Should the human host be alive at the time of T-virus infection, all higher brain functions are destroyed. This leaves only the telencephalon, better known as the cerebrum, to govern behaviour. This leaves the infected host with a very animalistic behaviour. As the virus spreads, it damages the hypothalamus. This produces a massive flood of neurotransmitters, enzymes, and hormones such as norepinephrine and dopamine. These effects, combined with the painful symptoms of the infection, induce a psychotic rage, persistent hunger, and increased aggressiveness in those infected.

Should the human host be dead at the time of infection, only enough energy is produced to power the lower brain functions. These functions are responsible for the most primal instincts, such as walking and eating.

In either case, their late-stage appearance and behaviour are characteristics of their name-sake, a zombie.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell

Post by blackwolfhell »

Well...I never habe played resident evil.
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

blackwolfhell wrote:nope. I was actually using my own research. I wrote a book about werewolves. I should have some good arguments to enforce what I know. :evil:
No offense, but hasn't everyone here written or is writing a book about werewolves? What the hell makes yours so special among them?

You have some good arguments? Okay, lets hear some of them. :x
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Terastas wrote:
No offense, but hasn't everyone here written or is writing a book about werewolves? What the hell makes yours so special among them?
It's OMGAWD AWESOME LOL! And it's, like, going to be a movie with Brad Pitt in it!

Also, if you look closely, he said
blackwolfhell wrote: I should have some good arguments to enforce what I know.
Emphasis mine. He said he should have good arguments, not that he actually has good arguments. It's good he admitted such, as it'll save him a lot of face now.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Oh really? Are you suggesting I have nothing?

Adopt your own!
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

blackwolfhell wrote:Oh really? Are you suggesting I have nothing?
I'm pointing out that due to the way you wrote your post, you're suggesting you have nothing, or at least implying such. I could be thinking too far into it, but it sounded like you're passive-aggressively undermining your own post, or possibly trying to imply that you're of a particular lofty strata of importance amongst those with authority on the truth of lycanthropy.

Do you in fact have something? If so, please share with the rest of the class.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

OK then Fact Silver was used in the ancient times to repel werewolves. But even that should heal over time don't you think?

Adopt your own!
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

blackwolfhell wrote:Oh really? Are you suggesting I have nothing?
Well you certainly aren't leaping at the opportunity to prove otherwise.
OK then Fact Silver was used in the ancient times to repel werewolves. But even that should heal over time don't you think?
Silver was thought to be a pure/holy metal and was therefore used to repel everything in ancient times. And you can't just throw out one little factoid and expect it to support everything you've ever said or will say in the future without question (this thread was about how vampires and werewolves relate; silver barely enters into it). Even the P-shifters that used to plague this forum were never that brazen. :P

You can barely use proper grammar on your one-sentence replies and you expect us to believe you wrote an entire book? Just how dumb do you think we are? :x
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

I was in the middle of English class when I first wrote that. Now I'm in computer class and have the time, so I do use grammar. :evil: WAIT! Why are you all ripping on my grammar? Geez. I was a very deprived child when I was younger so I'm not familiar with some terms, but don't think I'm incompetent!

This is the first time I ever used a forum, okay.

I was in a bad mood, so don't blame me. :cry:
I shouldn't have done that, but I lost track of my forums and was repeating posts, so I'm sorry.
Quick question though, When a person is allergic to something, their cells produce a chemical to attack it, creating the reaction. Well, silver has only a few reactants and some of them are deadly. So how is it possible?

Adopt your own!