Origins of Your Werewolf Interest.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Moonraiser
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Waiting for Freeborn...
Additional Details: Waiting for Freeborn. I don't know if I can take not knowing what will become of this movie much longer. I wish I had some sort of information...
Mood: Sad

Re: Origins of Your Werewolf Interest.

Post by Moonraiser »

Thanks for your comments guys! I enjoy hearing that I am not crazy! :lol:
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

Moonraiser wrote:Thanks for your comments guys! I enjoy hearing that I am not crazy! :lol:
Isn't it refreshing? Seriously! I was just explaining to a friend what "-philias" I "suffer" (suffer? I mean get ENJOYMENT) from, and she felt mostly the same... it's amazing how when you find out you're not alone, you don't feel so bad.
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

I don't know exactly when it started but I've liked wolves since I was really young which helped to keep the fire going. I remember that i saw the trailer for Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban and i wanted to read the book. I read the book and it was what made the first spark. Then my Dad had rented Van Helsing. I watched part of it and i saw the werewolf and was interested. So for a few years my liking for werewolves kinda went unnoticed. I don't remember what happened first, reading Werewolf Rising or watching Van Helsing on TV. I think it was Werewolf Rising, and i fell in love with the whole idea of being a werewolf(by then my love of wolves had blossomed into a obsession).

But what really made it click in my mind that i really was obsessed and loving it was when I found this place. :howl:  :oo
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

I really have no idea why I'm interested in werewolves. I've been brought up like most other people, and yet I have a fascination with breaking away from the human form. I've been reasonably intelligent all my life, so I guess it's the symbolism and the relevant themes of the concept of the werewolf that has always held sway over my interests. Breaking free from the sins and limitations that plague humanity, accepting responsibility of something mysterious and powerful, and just the sheer impossibility of it all were particularly striking to me. I've been interested since childhood, when I could fathom imaginary worlds, create things in my mind, and explore new possibilities. Anything complex and out of the ordinary pulled me in like a magnet. The Internet definitely helped expand my interest, as well as further plumb this strange attraction. It also helps that social communities, like the werewolf community, were much more accepting of the eccentric than anything in real life. Maybe my obsession was a manifestation of my low self-esteem. I'm far more confident now than I used to be, but strangely, I can't...pull...away...
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I read Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban. :read2:
Remus being a werewolf started piquing my interest because he was one of my favorite characters in the series. Then it went from there.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3: