Should a Werewolf Bite a Wolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Should a werewolf be able to bite a regular wolf?

Yes, definitely
3%
Yes, but it would rarely be done
41%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
38%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
17%

Total votes: 29

Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: Should a Werewolf Bite a Wolf?

Post by Wingman »

Celestialwolf wrote:Wow! You referenced my site like I was a werewolf authority or something! :o While those are my views on how they should be, everyone does have their own opinions. That's what I love about this place--I always get so many ideas and new insights after reading what everyone has to say, things I probably never would have even considered before on my own!

P.S. The new Pack wiki is up. Contribute! :D
Wait, how many wikis do we have?
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

I say that it should be done for comedic purposes. :D
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Wingman: Just the one, now, the other was just a stepping stone to get there, hopefully it'll all coalesce at the wiki owned by Celestial. We only ever had two though, the wikia one and Celestial's own, I think?

Noir-Okami: ...as terrible as this is, my mind is already making a cheap comedy movie out of that concept, likely starring Jim Carrey.

"We cook our meat, this is a hot-dog."
"...you eat DOGS?!"
"Naww, it's just called that, the true meat is-- it's-- you know, it's nebulous, but it's usually Cow, or Pig, ...I think."
"..."
"Let's not eat the hot-dog. Moving right along!"
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

I know there’s been at least one book written about this subject, though I can’t remember the name. It’s supposed to be pretty funny from what I’ve heard.

The way my version works biting a wolf wouldn’t do anything to it. The bite is only designed to change humans, so it has no effect on animals. I could see there being other ways for a wolf to become a human though (kitsune stories are a good example of the animal-into-human theme, though I have heard of a few wolf versions in folklore too).
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

I remember you recommending that book before, Midnight, and truth be told, I've been trying to track it down ever since the recommendation. It's a bugger to find though, as it seems to be out of print.

But it would be interesting to see what a professional writer would make of the topic at hand, I think that's one tale I'll enjoy reading.
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

Oh yeah, that's the one. Why are the best books always out of print? :(
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
WolfMontana
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Mood: Happy

Post by WolfMontana »

Heh, I see Midnight has beaten me to it.

I selected 'No, never' purely from having read Howling Mad, and totally going along with the perhaps implausible idea that a man who turns into a wolf biting a wolf gives you a wolf who turns into a man. The main character (said wolf) does not have an easy way of it and greatly laments losing his pack, his senses, his way of life. Digs the thumbs though. And pizza. :P
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

WolfMontana wrote:[...] and greatly laments losing his pack, his senses, his way of life.
The point you've made there regarding senses is a very interesting one indeed.

One of the reasons I long to be a Werewolf is because of the heightened senses, I've often dreamed about how they see the World, and I want to experience that. I imagined that after I had, I'd probably spend as much time in gestalt or full Wolf as I could, because going back to being Human would be torturous, I'd no longer have that three-dimensional sense of the World around me that I imagine scents provide.

Opposedly, going by the old tradition of 'I shift in a full moon' (that's not my Werewolves, but hypothetically) like in Howling Mad, indeed, the Werewolf would be forced to lose sense, it'd be like someone giving another person a rather debilitating disease that brought their senses down to about 10 per cent of what they were. Imagine if you could barely see, and your vision was a blurry mess that you could only occasionally make things out with--that's probably what it'd be like for a Wolf to lose their sense of smell.

My Werewolves--shifting isn't forced, so if a Wolf was converted, they'd only shift to what they wanted to, and they could only make use of gestalt if they so desired. So there would be no loss of senses there, I say this because resigning a Wolf to the life of a Human would probably be an amazingly cruel thing to do, due to the loss of senses alone.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Wingman wrote:Scott, you could always go FOXDIE on it and have only people with specific genetic markers be affected.
Also known as the Syphon Filter method, for those of you that didn't play Metal Gear.

And it is a possibility. A werewolf in basic definition is half man and half wolf, so I don't particularly see any reason why it would affect organisms who are already half a werewolf but not organisms who are the other half a werewolf. :P But no matter what the nature of the viroid, there absolutely would be some room for immunity.

Like I said earlier, I have it written in my own versions that lycanthropy becomes dormant at the cellular level. That dormant phase of lycanthropy can be passed on to others, and it's pretty much a crapshoot as to when it becomes active, if ever at all (some show signs as early as 10, others make it all the way to 30 without showing).

Something else possibly worth considering is that we only really know what triggers an automatic shift in a human host. If there is no equivalent of the lunar affect for true wolves, a wolf given lycanthropy could be just a carrier of the viroid.

That is, of course, a very big "if," so it should still come attached with all the ethical and moral questions that were brought up on Page 1.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Only if they pass on:
Intillect {a wolf that can speak human languages, and is about as intelligent as it would be if it were a human}
Healing abilities
And that's it... honestly, i think those would be the only things that could be passed on, seeing the wolf, is already an animal.

But... no otherwise...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)