Best job for a werewolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Re: Best job for a werewolf?

Post by blackwolfhell »

what?! ??
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

blackwolfhell wrote:what?! ??
What he means, my nudist friend, is that werewolves DO need fashion designers if they're going to have to wear durable shift-resistant clothing that doesn't look like mudsacks.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

alphanubilus wrote:Fashion Designer! Greatest werewolf job EVER! :lol:
Eh. . . Somehow I doubt it. We've had threads before about ripping clothes during transformations. Fashion design is a really cutthroat, really anal-retentive industry, so a fashion designer couldn't be caught dead in a pair of sweat pants. Which leaves only what Kitetsu mentioned.

"So, tell me Jenkins, why such a keen interest in designing fashionable 'Incredible Hulk' attire?"
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Terastas wrote:"So, tell me Jenkins, why such a keen interest in designing fashionable 'Incredible Hulk' attire?"
"Boyd, you of all people should know that I prefer my prey to die cackling at the pants I bought from Mr. Bean's bric-a-brac museum."

ps: For one thing, I'd love for my shift-resistant mudsacks to be given the chance for a new paintjob. Pauper Brown just isn't going to cut it anymore.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

oh, I see now, and what do you mean by nudist? So what if I walk around naked! It's natural!!!

Adopt your own!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

blackwolfhell wrote:oh, I see now, and what do you mean by nudist? So what if I walk around naked! It's natural!!!
It can also provoke two things:
You could be arrested for public indecency,
People might point and snicker.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Ahhhhhhh...*rubs eyes*
Are you suggesting that I am inadequate?

Adopt your own!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Note that I said "Might" not "Would"... unless your "sheath" might be mistaken for a pen holder. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

F*** YOU! At least I have one!!!!!! And women love it!

Adopt your own!
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I wonder how effective a hair donor a werewolf would be, especially if they have a new coat of fur every month. That's a lot of werewolf wigs and fur clothing.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Wingman wrote:I wonder how effective a hair donor a werewolf would be, especially if they have a new coat of fur every month. That's a lot of werewolf wigs and fur clothing.
You may have brought up what could be a lucrative and marketable idea.

1) Seek and gather fur.

2) Disinfect it of any lycanthropy.

3) Export it to various markets.

4) PROFIT

Before you know it, you're selling and donating fur clothing around the world, from fashion designers to Inuit tribes. Now if only those environmentalist werewolves stop riding the coattails of PETA...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:Before you know it, you're selling and donating fur clothing around the world, from fashion designers to Inuit tribes. Now if only those environmentalist werewolves stop riding the coattails of PETA...
That's what would do such a business venture in. It would only work if the werewolf fur was either closest in principle to human hair, or if it resembled nothing at all and could be passed off as artificial. If it more closely resembled fur from a dog or a wolf than anything else, that would be the end of it.

PETA wouldn't bother with a vendor of wolf fur accessories because 98% of everyone else with a rational mind in America would raise holy hell over it. PETA only attacks vulnerable celebrity targets, and only over minuscule or trivial reasons that most sane people would overlook completely so PETA can take full credit for it.
Moonraiser
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Waiting for Freeborn...
Additional Details: Waiting for Freeborn. I don't know if I can take not knowing what will become of this movie much longer. I wish I had some sort of information...
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonraiser »

A werewolf can have any job he or she chooses, but the most perfect job for a werewolf? Hmm...Well I have to agree with what V said. A private detective would be a really good one because then a werewolf could use his senses. Though there are other jobs that would be good too. Someone mentioned a game warden. That is one I would consider. I would probably end up getting my own 4x4 cubicle though. x.x
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Okay, I know I tore the idea of a werewolf running a props studio or a Halloween shop a new one. . . But then I got to thinking that, if it was one of the more low end shops. . . You know, kind of place you'd find a Bill Clinton mask. . . That kind of shop would be one of the absolute last places you'd ever think to look.

I mean. . . Really, who would you suspect? The guy that works in the props department that made that really realistic looking werewolf? Sure, it's been done before.

The two guys playing Dating Service Video in front of the $1.00 box of props? Doubtful. :lol:
Noir-Okami
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Troper
Mood: Excited

Post by Noir-Okami »

You could say any number of professions. (About the chef thing stated earlier, the myth about a werewolf preparing food contaminating the food would have to be false.)
I think it'd be, besides what I've stated earlier:

* Writer
Misdirecting the public, so nobody can figure out who are werewolves. Or, better yet, telling people exactly how werewolves are, to make everyone dismiss it as fiction if they came across a werewolf.

* Chef
The heightened sense of smell would lead to a heightened sense of taste. (They're interconnected in people, and since werewolves would be part human, it'd probably follow.)

* Musician
A heightened sense of hearing and the ability to hear different frequencies than humans (if dogs are anything to go by) may make it easier for a werewolf musician. It could also include hiding higher frequency messages that humans couldn't hear as a way of showing other werewolves that they're werewolves too.

* Police Officer or Private Investigator
Like stated repeatedly earlier, the ability to track people down would help a lot. But there'd also be the possibility of the werewolf being able to smell smaller traces of gunpowder and chemicals on a suspect.

* Fighter
Like a professional athlete, but more focused on fighting styles. Higher stamina and strength would be a very large asset. But, like professional athletes, some may start to think they're on performance enhancers. Which would be a problem if they have to get drug tested, if some anomaly from the whole 'being a werewolf' thing shows up.

* FBI and CIA officials
Maybe to prevent people from realizing who were werewolves? Like intercepting and leading cases away from what's really behind it. (...Which really sounds like something from 'The X-Files' or a conspiricy theorist website.)

* Tabloid reporter
(Almost) nobody would believe the werewolf if they claimed there were werewolves in the tabloids.

* Newspaper reporter
Like the above, but 'newspaper' instead of 'tabloids.' Or hushing up stories pertaining to werewolves. Or, better yet, writing the stories to misdirect the people about what's going on.

* Vet
Assuming the pet was kept overnight or something, a werewolf vet could talk (assuming they could talk to animals) to the pet to find out what's wrong. Of course, it'd only be figuring out the syptoms, so the diagnosis would still have to made by the vet, so it'd be comparable to being a normal doctor.
I'm working on a werewolf novel, while liking to stay up late at night and going to college. I'm going to be sleep-deprived when this is all said and done. :sleepy:

Anthony Brownrigg, I hope you have the best of luck with Freeborn. RedEye, I also wish you the best of luck with Wulfen Blood. And for a bit of luck for both of you... :ducktoss3:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

blackwolfhell wrote:F*** YOU! At least I have one!!!!!! And women love it!
You have a penholder?

:P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Noir-Okami wrote:* Fighter
Like a professional athlete, but more focused on fighting styles. Higher stamina and strength would be a very large asset. But, like professional athletes, some may start to think they're on performance enhancers. Which would be a problem if they have to get drug tested, if some anomaly from the whole 'being a werewolf' thing shows up.

I tried retooling Yugo from Bloody Roar because of this. So instead of him fighting some dime-a-dozen evil Tylon corporation and beating up a certain annoying penguin, I wanted to focus part of his life as a pro boxer, and how every one of his fights is a fight of self-control, lessons in losing, and bouts where it's about who has the bigger dream.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Morkulv wrote:
blackwolfhell wrote:F*** YOU! At least I have one!!!!!! And women love it!
You have a penholder?

:P
:? not a penholder...

Adopt your own!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Noir-Okami wrote:* FBI and CIA officials
Maybe to prevent people from realizing who were werewolves? Like intercepting and leading cases away from what's really behind it. (...Which really sounds like something from 'The X-Files' or a conspiricy theorist website.)

* Tabloid reporter
(Almost) nobody would believe the werewolf if they claimed there were werewolves in the tabloids.

* Newspaper reporter
Like the above, but 'newspaper' instead of 'tabloids.' Or hushing up stories pertaining to werewolves. Or, better yet, writing the stories to misdirect the people about what's going on.
To add one more job that would be beneficial to the werewolf as opposed to the werewolf being beneficial to the job:

* 911 operator
"Um, I'm sorry, could you repeat that? You think you saw a werewolf? Er. . . Yeah, we'll have someone come to your house immediately."
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

Terastas wrote:
Noir-Okami wrote:* FBI and CIA officials

* Tabloid reporter

* Newspaper reporter
To add one more job that would be beneficial to the werewolf as opposed to the werewolf being beneficial to the job:

* 911 operator
"Um, I'm sorry, could you repeat that? You think you saw a werewolf? Er. . . Yeah, we'll have someone come to your house immediately."
lol! :lol:

Adopt your own!
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

they could be assassins you trick them go into forest and there you attack and maul them
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

I like that idea, Lovec. :)
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
demonwithin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Nightshade
Additional Details: Call me Nightshade :3
Mood: Ruthless

Post by demonwithin »

The best job for a werewolf is something hard working, like owning a farm, working their own land.

Mining? leather company? :|
They say that I can't last a day in the real world.... I say you wouldn't survive one night in mine...
Kveldulf
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Kveldulf »

Professional author (or other type of artist) would be the absolute best choice. Live where you please, keep your own schedule, and if you get a bit weird and snarly once in a while, hey, it comes with the territory. I say this from happy experience.

Doctor actually would be another really good choice. As well as all the practical advantages to the pack, and to keeping the whole lycanthropy thing under wraps in general...many people would be amazed at how useful a canine/lupine sense of smell is in diagnosing problems, particularly in catching things like diabetes and cancer early (some people are actually working to train dogs for this, as their noses are remarkably useful. Now imagine if that nose were attached to someone with a human-level intelligence who had been to medical school....). There are a number of fields within the medical profession in which being a werewolf would be an huge advantage. Endocrinology (again, that ability to smell any of a variety of hormonal disturbances) comes particularly to mind, as does oncology (as mentioned above); I suspect that either paediatrics or OB/Gyn would bring out the strong lupine instinct to protect mothers and cubs, which, even in natural wolves, is not restricted to lupines and canids. Psychiatry would be entertaining, but ironic (one would have to suppress the urge to snicker whenever the psychiatric condition of "lycanthropy" was mentioned)...though the effort of learning to control one's own instincts, urges, and temper could be very useful for a therapist indeed. GI, again, diagnosis by aroma, with the added benefit that some of those smells which really are not at all charming to humans are not nearly as disgusting to wolves, and one could check for occult blood in stools without even needing to do the smear thing. And so forth. Though one would want to have very good control indeed if one's ambition was to be a surgeon...or just to get through the mandatory exposure to surgery in training that everyone, even psychiatrists, has to do.
Blueneon

Post by Blueneon »

A sheepherder