Cure

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
heartlessfang
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a manga artist/comic artist/writer. I've taken martial arts for about 11 years. Never played any of the Werewolf card games.
Mood: RAR!

Re: Cure

Post by heartlessfang »

Well the first thing I have to say about this is that:
( this is assuming we're dealing with a world like ours. or it's based in this day and age.)
1. In order for a government organization to announce something like a "cure" for lycanthropy to the general public, the public has to believe, or acknowledge that they exist in the first place. If they were to announce something like that, about 90% of the public will be like "lol whut?"

2. Those who announce their existence would either have to recognize them as a global threat, or have to be a sympathizer that's working with a group of werewolves/werecreatures to release the information.

That conjecture aside, I pretty much have the same views on on this as most people here. The "cure" is a good and a bad thing ( using the word "Cure" in this sense makes it a pretty loaded word to begin with....) for the reasons stated above:

3. To develop a "cure" That would mean those who developed it would know how to infect someone as well. That could open up another veritable Pandora's box on the world. Samples and tests would have to be gathered from willing(or unwilling...) participants in the creation of the "cure"

Cons
-It can be used as a weapon.
-It can be used for discrimination.
(though these two points naturally coincide in this instance.)

Pros
-It offers a choice to those who want it.
-Can be used as a crime deterrent for other were creatures ( packs/groups can use that to punish rouges or other perpetrators.)
/ramble
........I think that's it....
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

Firt of all, i think that it would end the way x-men 3 ended and that some will resist
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
RedWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by RedWolf »

A rather laughable article suggests that giving up alcohol is a cure for lycanthropy. :?

Of course, the "werewolf" described in the article actually has porphyria. See
http://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/200 ... a_werewolf
Spirits
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Spirits »

That's a very interesting article RedWolf. And it has made me relook at my medical text books. I've always understood disorders of porphyrin metabolism aka porphyria to be hereditary in most cases. I'm sure another MD on this board if there are any and there probably are may be more familiar with this than I am. But oh well. I'll try not to talk medical because I joined this forum to get away from things medical. So, onward I say.
I think that if they were going to say giving up drinking could cure lycanthropy it would probably be just the delusion of being a werewolf while drunk. :lol:
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Spirits wrote:That's a very interesting article RedWolf. And it has made me relook at my medical text books. I've always understood disorders of porphyrin metabolism aka porphyria to be hereditary in most cases. I'm sure another MD on this board if there are any and there probably are may be more familiar with this than I am. But oh well. I'll try not to talk medical because I joined this forum to get away from things medical. So, onward I say.
I think that if they were going to say giving up drinking could cure lycanthropy it would probably be just the delusion of being a werewolf while drunk. :lol:
(Hmmm... Druken Werewolves... that would be... messy...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)