Do You Ever Dream About Werewolves?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Do You Ever Dream About Werewolves?

Post by Leonca~ »

I finally thought up a second topic for discussion! I think this is the right board for this, though sometimes these things can be tricky to decide.
Do werewolves ever appear in your dreams? If so, how? Are you one of them? Are they frightening and nightmarish, or fun and positive experiences?
I love talking about dreams, and fortunately mine are vivid and frequent. Over the years I have noticed that in many of these dreams I am a werewolf. I usually have werewolf dreams once every few weeks to months, and I try to remember to write them down the next day. If they are good enough I sometimes use them to inspire my artwork. I have noticed two basic themes with these dreams, so I will divide them into two broad categories.
In Control- Usually I am a werewolf. I can change myself into full wolf form like my characters, and it brings a feeling of great freedom and enjoyment. I usually don’t try to hurt people in these dreams.
Out of Control- I am more likely to not be the werewolf. In these dreams, if I am a werewolf, I experience feelings of great fear or anger. Often, when feeling threatened, I transform and massacre people in ways worthy of all the most popular horror movies. When I am violent I am usually in a hybrid form, like the kind Goldenwolf is so well known for drawing. These angry dreams seem to have a cathartic effect, and I often wake up feeling that those people got what they deserved. Otherwise I never hurt people in dreams, but I do have many frightening ones where people are trying to kill me.
Overall I really love having these dreams. They give me experiences that I will never get to come close to having in real life, and I am glad that I can remember them in so much detail. I will give some examples, for anyone who likes reading this kind of thing. I would also love to hear what other people have dreamed, for comparison.

In Control-

I was walking along a dusty road in a desert-like place, and I saw a man in a pickup truck disposing of some cats and dogs he had killed by the side of the road. I went to a phone booth to report him for animal cruelty, but when I described him I was told that he was actually a serial killer that the police were looking for. I got really scared, and I turned and looked at his truck to see what he was doing. He had seen me talking on the phone and was coming right at me. Instead of running away, I walked toward him. At first he was confused and he stopped. I get mad at him, so I turn into a werewolf and run right at him. He runs screaming to his truck and just barely makes it in, and as he drives away I chase him down the road.

I was running away from someone who was trying to kill me. I escaped into the woods and found several other people and went with them. Then I discovered that I had left my shoes behind, and it began to snow a lot. I could feel that my feet were freezing and I was afraid that I would get frostbite and die. To survive I turned myself into a wolf.

I was going on a trip to a ski resort with a bunch of friends and relatives. It’s something they do sometimes, but I’ve never gone with them. In the dream, I was a werewolf and everybody knew about it. They knew that I wasn’t dangerous though, so they decided to try to see me when I transformed at night. I felt kind of embarrassed to have people watching me do that, and I was also worried that when I was a wolf I would get scared and hurt someone. I tired to explain this to them to get them to leave me alone, but they wouldn’t listen. They cornered me in a room when they knew it would be time for me to transform, but I got past them and jumped out a window. The next day they tried even harder, but I got away again. It was fun after I escaped though, because then I was able to change into a black wolf and run around in the mountainside forest.

Out of Control-

I was watching but I did not participate in the dream. A man had been captured and tied to a chair in a very dark room. Someone walked up to him and said that he was going to be very useful to him. He pulled out a syringe full of a green fluid, and said that it was "tabula rasa,” a drug that was used for brainwashing. The man in the chair was a werewolf, and after he had his memory erased the other man began to train him to be an assassin. I woke up feeling sad that I could not interfere to save him.

I was sick or injured in some way, so I was in a hospital. I was sleeping on a huge bed that was big enough to fit three people on it. There was one other person lying next to me, and another bed of the same size with two people sleeping on it on the other side of the room.
Suddenly some hospital staff opened the door and walked into the room carrying two more patients. I looked up to see them enter, but the other three people kept sleeping. One of the new patients was silent, but the other one seemed upset and he kept screaming about being blind. The hospital workers placed the "blind" man on the bed next to me, and the other man on the other bed, then left the room.
After they were gone things quickly took a terrifying turn. The new patient on the other bed started snarling like an animal, and when he opened his mouth his teeth were like a wolf’s fangs. He then started attacking both of the people on the bed next to them, and they were too weak to defend themselves.
At the same time the “blind” man also snarled at me, and then he pounced on me and knocked me off of the bed. I fought him as well as I could, but he was biting me all over. I looked up and saw that the two people on the other bed were being killed, so I screamed at the person who was still on “my” bed to get up and help them. He was either too weak or too scared, so he stayed where he was.
Then the door opened and armed policemen came into the room. They immediately shot the man who was mauling the two people on the bed, but it was too late to save them. The “blind” man grabbed me and tried to use me as a shield, but they shot him in the head and killed him.
Now everyone thought that all was safe again, but only I realized the terrible truth. The two men had been werewolves, and since I had been bitten I would be one too.

I was at the zoo taking pictures. There was an exhibit with wolves, and a family of foxes had gotten in and started living with the wolves. There was an elephant exhibit next to the wolves, and a huge crowd of people got into it and started attacking the elephants. :lol: Then a bunch of people with guns broke into the zoo and took everyone there hostage. I got tired of waiting for the police to rescue us, so I turned into a werewolf and killed them.

I was lying in my bed, and I looked up to see a man standing over me with a gun. I quickly jumped up from the bed and changed into a werewolf, then grabbed him by the throat and crushed him to death.

And just for fun, some other animal transformation dreams-

I started to get a strange and powerful desire to eat people. I searched for an explanation, and found that it was because I had been a tiger in a previous life. In other dreams I just turn into a tiger and eat people.

I was an anthro leopard and I ran around kidnapping and attacking people. Lots of people were chasing me and trying to capture me, but I would snarl at them and scratch their faces or bite them on the neck. At the end of the dream I ran away and hid in the jungle. I met some people there who told me that the jungle was owned by a tiger, and he was going to punish me for being evil.
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Whisperwind
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Do You Ever Dream About Werewolves?

Post by Whisperwind »

those seem really fun, even the scary ones... whenever i dream its usually about people i know/knew and reflects situations i'm in at the time... i want werewolf/wolf dreams! lol
wolves and dragons? i'm on board! ImageImageImage
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

Once.

I can't repeat it without the thread becoming R rated.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Silveera-Ice
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silveera-Ice »

I cant remember if I had any. I think I had a dream that had something to do with the Underworld werewolves... Ill have to think about it... Bet you im going to get a dream tonight now weve mentioned this, lol :P
Avatar used is a work from Khaos dog. http://khaosdog.deviantart.com/
lycanthropeful
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Wannabe
Mood: Ruthless

Post by lycanthropeful »

I'm usually really restless right before I fall asleep (unless I'm extremely exhausted, or fatigued to the point that when my head hits the pillow, I'm out cold). Usually I try to force my brain into strenuous activity to help fall asleep faster, so many nights I'll try to imagine myself in a werewolf situation - like trying to form photorealistic transformations in my head, or just to concentrate on making pleasurable images. By the time I'm getting anywhere with it, I'm usually asleep. ;)

Though I think about werewolves a lot, it's not very often that I have dreams about them. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever had a dream about werewolves, save for the one last year where I was directing a film for one reason or another with my werewolf character Versa in it. All of a sudden I pulled this screenplay out of nowhere and was like "Let's film this already!" It was just me, Versa, and one of my other characters, Zack, whom I turned to and said, "Well at least we won't have to pay for special effects!" Right before the transformation scene, Zack was holding a camera, all ready to go, and Versa finally asked me, "Who are you?" Out of nowhere, I just screamed, "I CREATED YOU!"

That's when I woke up. :P
SaxGirl1010 @ deviantART
Art commissions are currently OPEN! Click HERE!
Vengeance, my werewolf novel: ON SALE NOW!
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leonca~ »

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

After spending eight to ten hours writing about them?

OH HAIL YEAH!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Fairly often I dream of at least trying to shift to wolf form. Occasionally I do, but often I'm simply pretending. Usually, shifting is one of the first things I try to do whenever I catch myself in the act of dreaming, whenever I go lucid. Visualizing a shift for some reason tends to be easier when I'm awake or drifting to sleep than when I'm dreaming, even though with the later, the images are more vivid. It feels as though when shifted I keep perceiving my actual physical body barging back into the dream.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

I don't sleep much...which is why I have some really killer day dreams. When I try to concentrate on what's being said I think about something...and then a following thought comes...and before I know I open my eyes again and it's about 5 minutes later. I appear awake..I guess. But then my mind often wanders when I'm forced to think about things I couldn't care less about...mostly school subjects. They do get pretty boring... especially in German. When I have to concentrate to understand what's being said I usually lose track of myself... :sleepy: At night I'm usually dead so I don't dream much...I do dream, I'm just too asleep to enjoy them as much as I would. Sometimes a dream pops up and they always are werewolf dreams. In one I was walking through some fields and came to a forest...I saw some red, glowing eyes in the darkness and got exited. I followed, but no matter how close I got to the eyes they always seamed to stay away from me at the same distance. It was very dark and After about an hour of chasing the eyes they vanished. I realized I was in a clearing and the light of a full moon shone down on me. All of a sudden Something hit me hard in the back and I fell forward. I was pinned to the ground with a heavy something on my back. I could not see what it was, for my face was buried in the dirt. The creature whispered to me "You really want this don't you?" I nodded and he said "Why aren't you afraid? Almost everyone who sees me runs off in fear." I then replied "I see you through different eyes." "Well it's always good to meet some good humans who don't want to kill me... You ready?" But before I had a chance to do anything, fangs bore into my shoulder. Blood was in the air, but I hardly noticed it over the pain. I was lied in the forest for a few hours or days...I had no track of time. But as soon as I felt well again I stood up. That's when I woke up eagerly and thought"Wow. I want to do that again!" But I haven't dreamt about werewolves in ages now, but that is the only dream I remember clearly. Otherwise, they're one off-shot dreams that don't really stay long. Let's hear some more! Can't wait to see what every one else dreams about.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

German :| ....I'm taking that now. It's so hard! I'm especially bad with trying to figure out the word order of things. :( Hopefully I'll pass with a C.

*coughs*

OK, on-topic:
I havent really had many werewolf-related dreams. Which sucks because I would love that.

I've had a couple dreams where I try to shift, but its really hard and I don't change much at all. Just a couple small changes. That proably means something there. :P

The only other one I can remember now is that I was alone in some room. I started to shift and was making some good progress, more than usual. But then my mom walked in (in the dream). She got mad at me for letting myself be a werewolf or something and then left. That made me feel embarrassed.

I've had another dream where I was a full wolf, running around a town trying to get away from hunters. I was with a pack of other wolves. But then I jumped on the back of a moving truck and I was a cat instead. The dream went off on some other, random stuff then.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I had a cool waking dream last night.

I was listening to Lisa Gerrard on "Music From The Hearts of Space" (radio show on my local NPR) and laid back, closing my eyes.

Bingo! Over towards the east side of my room, I saw a wheel turning in the sky, with a smiling wolf's head in the centre of it. Very clear; it looked as if the ceiling had just disappeared and I was looking straight up into the night sky. I'm guessing it was my totem wolf looking in on me.
ImageImageImageImage
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

I have a lot of werewolf dreams, because I kinda induce them by lying in bed and thinking of random werewolf ideas, and then they just start on their own.

But the thing is, most of the best werewolf dreams are the ones I never fully remember. =(

My Dream

One I did remember, I was a girl worried about my friend, because everyday he would act mean and out of whack. I followed the group of guys that he used to hang out with, because I demanded an explanation. I peeked through the blinds of their meeting place, and they were talking about "rescuing" my friend from someone. One of the guys transformed and ran out the back room.

I think I freaked out, so when I screamed, they ran out the front door instead, and then the leader guy pounced me and bit me. Then it jumped to the explanation scene, where they said that my friend was possessed by some curse, and he could only be in control the day of the full moon, right before his body goes crazy and rampages on the night of the full moon.

Then it jumps to a scene where we were at a concert the evening of the full moon, and I was with the werewolf boys for some time. My friend was there, and he was in control. So I revealed that I was part of the group, and we joked and laughed about it.

Then it jumps to the final scene, where we are battling on top of a freight train. XD

End Dream

That one wasn't one of my best, but it's the only recent one I remember.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Silveera-Ice
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silveera-Ice »

I still havent had one yet...!!
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

I might have,but I don't remember.
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Believe in everything .

Post by RongYao »

Do I'll be crazy if I say that I dream about werewolves (mostly so not scary nightmares) every single night when I sleep in my room?
That's why I don't sleep there, tired of this!
And in fact I don't sleep at night.
:)
I really think that there have something in the dark , Im gonna check this out ... Ill be right back and dont panic if something going wrong or just dont go after me !
p.s. You dont need to know what happens .
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer

Post by Black Claw »

Always have, always will. That's why i like them.
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I did it again, a few nights ago. I dreamed that I was walking home, passing through very dense fog, and I was in full wolf form. It was indeed very foggy the following day.

Wow; my psychic powers predicted fog. I'm sure you're all astonished.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

A few weeks ago I did, sorta. I dreamed there were a bunch of wolves running around town, rolling around in the snow and stuff.
Then the next night I had a dream where I was walking down a road here in town where there are few streetlights. Somehow I saw a shadow moving behind me ( I guess I sprouted an eye on the back of my head for the sole purpose of facilitating the dream, it was strange). The shadow-wolf stalked me for the entire stretch of the road, always keeping a careful distance. Then the dream cut to me working in the drive-in of some fast food restaurant, and an Underworld Lycan reached through the little window and pulled me into his car. Then I woke up. It was a tad odd.

This was less of a dream and more of a sleep-deprivation-induced hallucination, but at work yesterday I was refilling my drink and the dishwasher for that morning walked back around the corner. For a bare instant it looked like he had a wolf head. An understandable thing, since he's pretty scruffy as-is. It was pretty interesting, and it was then that I decided to go sit down before I fell down.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leonca~ »

A few weeks ago I did, sorta. I dreamed there were a bunch of wolves running around town, rolling around in the snow and stuff.
Then the next night I had a dream where I was walking down a road here in town where there are few streetlights. Somehow I saw a shadow moving behind me ( I guess I sprouted an eye on the back of my head for the sole purpose of facilitating the dream, it was strange). The shadow-wolf stalked me for the entire stretch of the road, always keeping a careful distance. Then the dream cut to me working in the drive-in of some fast food restaurant, and an Underworld Lycan reached through the little window and pulled me into his car. Then I woke up. It was a tad odd.
Interesting. Now I have an image in my mind of one of those Underworld werewolves driving around in a car, fully transformed. That would be a tight fit! :lol:
Khuwwa
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Khuwwa »

Ive had lots of dreams about werewolves. The first one I can ever remember having was pretty funny:

I woke up in the school library. It was night, and all the kids in my class were sleeping on the floor in purple sleeping bags... (this was when Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had just come out!)... A few of the other kids had woken up as well, so there were about five of us. I remember I knew some of them.

Anyway, we snuck out of the door that led onto the roof of the school, then we all climbed down to the ground. We all turned into black wolves and started running around the town, until we finally got onto this one street (where my best friend lived a year or two later, oddly) and went toward some sounds and lights...

There were a bunch of really stereotypical hippies having a campfire party in one of the yards, just past some pine trees. They were happy, playing acoustic guitar, singing, dancing, and generally being all tie-dye and whatnot. We killed them all. ^_^

I remember waking up with such a blend of emotions. I was all "WTF???" over having killed the happy people (and having felt good about it at the time, it had been fun!) but I was also excited about being a werewolf in the dream. I was horrified, yet elated. And afterwards, I always found it funny... I am sort of a hippie myself, after all... just one of those wtf moments for sure! :P
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leonca~ »

Wow, that does sound really funny. Hippie massacre. :lol:
Silveera-Ice
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silveera-Ice »

That sounds like a really fun dream!! Id love 2 get one like that!!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Leonca~ wrote:
Interesting. Now I have an image in my mind of one of those Underworld werewolves driving around in a car, fully transformed. That would be a tight fit! :lol:
Perhaps a Segway then? Or a Motor Scooter? They'd fit better, but people would point and snicker. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

Even if you're a werewolf in a dream, it usually is quite the opposite as you hope it to be. At least in my dreams, rarely anything works as you want :lol:
Perhaps it's because I can't ignore anything, I always check if I got digitigraded legs or how my hands look like, I take notice in too many things.

But if we really talk about werewolf dreams, I've had only a few, perhaps even less. I'd like to see more of them though :D
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...