Celebrity Werewolves

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: Celebrity Werewolves

Post by Aki »

Theodore Roosevelt.

The man was a beast. Not only did he get shot and survive without a single problem (despite the bullet being lodged in him and too dangerous to remove) he didn't stop his speech after being shot - he kept on going! Not to mention all the other s*** he did that was just all kinds of crazy like his time with the Rough Riders and such.

While he's not the obvious wolf stuff, he's got the endurance, strength and sheer badness to have been a badass pack alpha.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Aki wrote:Theodore Roosevelt.

The man was a beast. Not only did he get shot and survive without a single problem (despite the bullet being lodged in him and too dangerous to remove) he didn't stop his speech after being shot - he kept on going! Not to mention all the other s*** he did that was just all kinds of crazy like his time with the Rough Riders and such.

While he's not the obvious wolf stuff, he's got the endurance, strength and sheer badness to have been a badass pack alpha.
He was also the only President who had "a wonderfully good time" in office; in his own words. You were wrong about the "would have been" part of being a badass Pack Alpha: He was the Pack Alpha for the Whole United States! :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

I have no idea, maybe some actors who play really creepy villains in movies? Jack Nicholson in The Shining was looking pretty werewolf-y toward the end, or so it seemed to me. :P

I can just imagine what Ryan Seacrest would look like as a werewolf! :lol:

Don’t even get me started on Shaun Ellis. I wouldn’t be surprised if his “understanding” of canine behavior gets himself or someone else hurt someday. :x
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Leonca~ wrote: Don’t even get me started on Shaun Ellis. I wouldn’t be surprised if his “understanding” of canine behavior gets himself or someone else hurt someday. :x
What, you don't think he really understands wolf behavior? Shaun Ellis is not Timothy Treadwell. He isn't delusional, and he's not a fraud. He's going on two decades learning about wolves... if he hasn't damn well learned everything about their behavior in 17 years, I'd be shocked.
Fallenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Of the Blood Moon
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Fallenwolf »

RedEye wrote:Don’t even get me started on Shaun Ellis. I wouldn’t be surprised if his “understanding” of canine behavior gets himself or someone else hurt someday. :x
Just hope it want be like the grizzly guy. it would be sad :cry:
mess with the best die like the rest
Pet's name: Sèitheach
Adopt your own!
http://s4.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=152051 werewolf game come i got a clan to!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Fallenwolf wrote:Just hope it want be like the grizzly guy. it would be sad :cry:
Grizzly Man wasn't a scientist. He was a amateur, nutjob drug addict who saw "his" bears more as toys than as animals to genuinely understand and respect. Ellis, on the other hand, is a professional ecologist, former game keeper, and has founded his own wolf shelter: http://wolfpack-management.com/ He's also a former Royal Marine (special forces commando,) which means he's probably tougher than a coffin nail.
Fallenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Of the Blood Moon
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Fallenwolf »

thats true.
mess with the best die like the rest
Pet's name: Sèitheach
Adopt your own!
http://s4.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=152051 werewolf game come i got a clan to!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Berserker wrote:
Fallenwolf wrote:Just hope it want be like the grizzly guy. it would be sad :cry:
Grizzly Man wasn't a scientist. He was a amateur, nutjob drug addict who saw "his" bears more as toys than as animals to genuinely understand and respect. Ellis, on the other hand, is a professional ecologist, former game keeper, and has founded his own wolf shelter: http://wolfpack-management.com/ He's also a former Royal Marine (special forces commando,) which means he's probably tougher than a coffin nail.
Beat me to it. You just can't compare Tim Treadwell to Shaun Ellis, Kevin Richardson or any other in the field. Tim was an out of work actor who was presumably looking to reinvent himself, he had zero experience with wild animals of any variety, and most importantly, Tim was working in reverse. Instead of observing their behavior, learning it and adapting himself as needed, Tim stated his "facts" beforehand and went in with the intention of proving them. Tim would be better compared to the guy that climbs over the fence at the zoo to pet the tiger; another idiot with a very cute and cartoony outlook on nature that did him in.

I don't think Shaun Ellis would be a werewolf though. Maybe a werewolf would have an adept understanding of real wolves, but I don't think a werewolf would ever go on TV and show it off.

Something else that might be worth considering is whether or not their jobs would be convenient for a werewolf. If the full moon triggers a shift, for example, A-lister movie stars might have a hard time because they occasionally may be required to shoot a scene at night. The ideal job for a Hollywood werewolf might therefore be on an early morning talk show so they can be all done for the day by noontime, thus having plenty of time to get home and be "early to bed" before the moon comes out.

Now granted, usually the early morning circuit is dominated by dullards, stuffed shirts and old fossils that are hard to picture as werewolves, but like I said earlier, it's the ones that try to maintain an image of normalcy that always have the most to hide. Laugh if you want, but the person that always comes to mind with me is Gelman from Regis & Kelly. He's got almost plastic-looking hair like he spent two hours trying to flatten it down, and every time Regis picks on him, he's there standing up straight smiling nervously like a kid hiding a cookie behind his back, and yessing Regis to death like he's trying to get the camera off of him ASAP. The man is clearly hiding something.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Leonca~ wrote:I have no idea, maybe some actors who play really creepy villains in movies? Jack Nicholson in The Shining was looking pretty werewolf-y toward the end, or so it seemed to me. :P
Jack Nicholson did play a werewolf/wolf shape shifter in the movie "Wolf." He was good.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

It’s not that he doesn’t understand them, I know that he’s studied them for many years, but from what I’ve seen of his work represented on that Wolf Man show on Animal Planet his style makes me cringe. Stunts like feeding a wild animal raw meat out of your mouth just don’t sit well with me, I’ve heard of too many professional trainers who get hurt when they let their guard down to think that is a good idea. Plus he had a woman (his girlfriend I think) doing crazy things like “training them to hunt” by poking them with deer antlers because “wolves in the wild do that with their pups.” I don’t think that has ever been documented behavior in wild wolves, so that is misleading information. Maybe some of the things he has done with them are good, but if so why would he allow himself and his work to be represented like that?
Jack Nicholson did play a werewolf/wolf shape shifter in the movie "Wolf." He was good.
I knew he looked familiar from something else! That just clinches it, he is the most werewolfy looking person I know. :P
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com