What Are Lycans

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: What Are Lycans

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:
Meeper wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:
Berserker wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:lycans arent WWs that is known they are similar but not the same thing
So what book did you read that told you this?
do you think all historical books are in perfect condition some books are in poor condition do you know what i do for living?
*checks Lovec1990's profile* A mythologist. Unfortunately you've not been disclosing sources, which is something that honestly I'd expect a mythologist to do when when citing paraphrased excerpts from them, some of us might want to find these sources and read them in their entirety, or check the facts as the book tells it, or that they even exist. As a friend a while ago said to me, Nietzsche is a great source for quotes, but when you go read his stuff in full, you realize the guy was stark raving bonkers.

The Meeper.
you know i will not argue but lycans are real as are WWs
Let me rephrase that, we want the title of these books you've read and the name of the author(s) who wrote them. That's all we're asking for.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Meeper wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:
Meeper wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:
Berserker wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:lycans arent WWs that is known they are similar but not the same thing
So what book did you read that told you this?
do you think all historical books are in perfect condition some books are in poor condition do you know what i do for living?
*checks Lovec1990's profile* A mythologist. Unfortunately you've not been disclosing sources, which is something that honestly I'd expect a mythologist to do when when citing paraphrased excerpts from them, some of us might want to find these sources and read them in their entirety, or check the facts as the book tells it, or that they even exist. As a friend a while ago said to me, Nietzsche is a great source for quotes, but when you go read his stuff in full, you realize the guy was stark raving bonkers.

The Meeper.
you know i will not argue but lycans are real as are WWs
Let me rephrase that, we want the title of these books you've read and the name of the author(s) who wrote them. That's all we're asking for.
i know but these books are very old and come from museum or arheological sides and i even dont get whole book they give me pages because im not alone so i have no idea of name or author of it.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Any museum worth its salt will have a catalog of all its exhibits and archives (if it doesn't then it's not doing its job), whoever it is that provided you with the materials will be able to tell you about title, author, date of publication, place of origin, place of discovery, etc, or direct you to someone who can tell you what is known about the materials they have. Good luck.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

my co worker posted it on forum after we read about them: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... pic=130240
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

lovec1990 wrote:
i know but these books are very old and come from museum or arheological sides and i even dont get whole book they give me pages because im not alone so i have no idea of name or author of it.
Look kid. Everyone here knows you're playing make believe. But that's ok, it's the internet after all, and this is a werewolf forum; some amount of silliness is to be expected.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:my co worker posted it on forum after we read about them: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... pic=130240
*Ahem* With respect Lovec1990, this is not a transcript or an image of original manuscripts/publications, or even a well researched paper on the topic, it is a discussions forum, the information there is second hand at best.

Now if someone quoted a passage directly from an original source in their post, that would be a transcript, and would be worth looking at, in which case you need to link us to the specific post, not just the whole thread.

The Meeper.