This Is My Idea Of a WEREWOLF

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Werewolf Lives

This Is My Idea Of a WEREWOLF

Post by Werewolfdragon »

I see the werewolf as both a part of the mind and the body, It is my
Understanding That At one time they were as real as we are today. Most
of the mith comes from africa where there are some legands of tribes who
practice this still today,, however, Anless someone has more Info On this
It Is Only hearsay... However it is the mind that is the real key in this
discution, Why? because it is the mind that Ultimatly controls Our Bodies
as Well As our actions. Take The Real Wolf For Exzample, The wolf Is a
group member within a group ( PACK ) of other group members
( Hence A Pack " Or " Group Of Wolves ) They Require Only To Eat, Sleep,
And Reperduce. It Is in this manner they Must Live To LIVE.
They Rely On Eachother To meet this end. They Do not Think as we do, instead
they do so by Prue Instint and Memory and just as we ourselves are afrade of
what we do not understand so are they. It Is this (ANIMALISTIC WAY OF THINKING)
or the (ID) Or (INNER DEMON) within ourselves that we have learned to repress
Thus becoming more then mear animals ourselves. This brings me to my point...
the werewolf is in effect one who has learned to (UN-REPRESS) there INNER DEMON
discarding all or most of his or her humanity thus becoming a Werewolf,
The Change that happens is the subjects body being taken over, Or swiching
places with that of their INNER DEMON or Their (ID). As for their apperiance
and its usefulness, One Must keep inmind that eventhow a werewolf was once
Human, While In This (Werewolf) Form They Are In Everyway An Animal And
would Use Everything as the real Animal would. A wolves claws are for more
then looks, they are used to dig into the ground to aid the wolf With
changing his or her direction while in persuit of prey Or While avoiding
Danger ( Things Of Fear ), Also their claws aid in the bringing down of
their prey by adding to their
ability to move swiftly and avoid danger. Imagine a wolf without claws,
moving
with such agility as they do. they would not have enough traction to
outmonuver their prey and would thus starve! The ( BIG SCREEN'S ) Werewolves
Thus far Have All used their claws in a batting OR slashing Manner as a
direct weapon. A real wolf does not do this, This is the tactics of a Cat Not
A wolf. a wolves Only weapons are Their Strength , Combined with Their ability
to out mounever their Prey, and the devistating Strength and speed at witch
they use their fangs To deliver a death Blow OR (Death Bite) as it were to their Prey.
Last edited by Werewolfdragon on Sat May 16, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dewclaw
Pack Member
Pack Member
Mood: Stressed

Re: This Is My Idea Of a WEREWOLF

Post by Dewclaw »

Interesting theory you've got. :wink:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Firstly, where did you learn to format like this? Your use of capitalization makes almost no sense at all.

Secondly, last I checked every single major web browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc, comes with a free spellchecking program. I highly advise downloading and using one.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

Wingman wrote:Firstly, where did you learn to format like this? Your use of capitalization makes almost no sense at all.

Secondly, last I checked every single major web browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc, comes with a free spellchecking program. I highly advise downloading and using one.
First who cares, if you can read what I have sead then so what, "" You hate what you don't understand? "" Yes I don't Spell Very Good Even thow I do have my (GED) Big Deal If You Don't Like It Then Give Me A Link To Where I Need To Go To Download This SpellChecking Add-On. instead of downing my work. "" Those who find only fault in the works of others, find it also within themselves ""... This is a fact, for no one is perfect not even me. Who cares about the format or the capitalization, I did not write this to look good I wrote this to say only that witch I had to say... However, thinks for your opionion. "" I have seen and taken note. "" (PS... When someone has something to say about what I have sead Instead Of How It Is Written My Ears are Pricked and my eyes are focused ready to take note to both the good and the bad.) :howl:  :oo hwlwnk
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Werewolfdragon wrote: First who cares, if you can read what I have sead then so what, "" You hate what you don't understand? "" Yes I don't Spell Very Good Even thow I do have my (GED) Big Deal If You Don't Like It Then Give Me A Link To Where I Need To Go To Download This SpellChecking Add-On. instead of downing my work. "" Those who find only fault in the works of others, find it also within themselves ""... This is a fact, for no one is perfect not even me. Who cares about the format or the capitalization, I did not write this to look good I wrote this to say only that witch I had to say... However, thinks for your opionion. "" I have seen and taken note. "" (PS... When someone has something to say about what I have sead Instead Of How It Is Written My Ears are Pricked and my eyes are focused ready to take note to both the good and the bad.) :howl:  :oo hwlwnk
Your words are your voice online. Writing a long post without taking the time to check it over to be correct and well-stated makes you look like a fool or lazy or both.

He's criticizing you because we can't just shower praise upon you - it's clear that you could use a bit of help in fixing your post so it looks nicer and reads better. This is called constructive criticism. Wingman was trying to help you be better.

That said, your post's content wasn't bad. It's not much new - the idea of the werewolf being the Id is an age-old concept, but it's not necessarily a bad one. I'm not entirely sure where you were going with the claw thing. Unless the werewolf is four-legged, they'd be a fool to not use their claws. Bipedal critters use their hands to fight. Anything else is (literally!) sticking your neck out where it can get bitten to pieces (or have something duck under you and tear into the soft unprotected flesh of the abdomen).
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Werewolfdragon wrote:
Wingman wrote:Firstly, where did you learn to format like this? Your use of capitalization makes almost no sense at all.

First who cares, if you can read what I have sead then so what, "" You hate what you don't understand? "" Yes I don't Spell Very Good Even thow I do have my (GED) Big Deal If You Don't Like It Then Give Me A Link To Where I Need To Go To Download This SpellChecking Add-On. instead of downing my work. "" Those who find only fault in the works of others, find it also within themselves ""... This is a fact, for no one is perfect not even me. Who cares about the format or the capitalization, I did not write this to look good I wrote this to say only that witch I had to say... However, thinks for your opionion. "" I have seen and taken note. "" (PS... When someone has something to say about what I have sead Instead Of How It Is Written My Ears are Pricked and my eyes are focused ready to take note to both the good and the bad.) :howl:  :oo hwlwnk
http://www.spellcheck.net/

Or, if you have Firefox: http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

Happy proofreading. :)
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

I don't think i werewolf would be a cold blooded killer like they are almost always portrayed in the movies.

I think a werewolf would be capable of having feelings just like a human would,even fully transformed.

Do you agree :?
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Werewolfdragon wrote:

You are writing like a German with overuse of capital letters.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

Aki wrote:
Werewolfdragon wrote: First who cares, if you can read what I have sead then so what, "" You hate what you don't understand? "" Yes I don't Spell Very Good Even thow I do have my (GED) Big Deal If You Don't Like It Then Give Me A Link To Where I Need To Go To Download This SpellChecking Add-On. instead of downing my work. "" Those who find only fault in the works of others, find it also within themselves ""... This is a fact, for no one is perfect not even me. Who cares about the format or the capitalization, I did not write this to look good I wrote this to say only that witch I had to say... However, thinks for your opionion. "" I have seen and taken note. "" (PS... When someone has something to say about what I have sead Instead Of How It Is Written My Ears are Pricked and my eyes are focused ready to take note to both the good and the bad.) :howl:  :oo hwlwnk
Your words are your voice online. Writing a long post without taking the time to check it over to be correct and well-stated makes you look like a fool or lazy or both.

He's criticizing you because we can't just shower praise upon you - it's clear that you could use a bit of help in fixing your post so it looks nicer and reads better. This is called constructive criticism. Wingman was trying to help you be better.

That said, your post's content wasn't bad. It's not much new - the idea of the werewolf being the Id is an age-old concept, but it's not necessarily a bad one. I'm not entirely sure where you were going with the claw thing. Unless the werewolf is four-legged, they'd be a fool to not use their claws. Bipedal critters use their hands to fight. Anything else is (literally!) sticking your neck out where it can get bitten to pieces (or have something duck under you and tear into the soft unprotected flesh of the abdomen).
Thank you for your input. "" Only an idiot would not learn from his/her mistakes. "" ( PS. Thinks for the spell checking link Wingman! )
I was just pointing out the fact that slashing and batting at prey is a tactic mostly used by the cat families. As for humans, I have never heard of a human clawing or batting at anyone. instead humans "Quote" punch and hit, it is the form of the attack I am talking about. Yes We werewolves would need to do things differently when we are standing upright. However we only do this when we are looking around or moving slow, even in the movies, when moving fast or attacking most are on all fours, is this not so? As for protection This has been taken care of already. "" Werewolves are only able to be killed by A few ways. "" We are stronger, faster, and much harder to kill then both A normal wolf or human combined. This is due to A few things, first because Werewolves are so much faster, we are harder to hit. Second, because of our vast strength each and every strike we land is one of devastation. And thirdly, one must keep in mind the immunities, there are few things that can even Puncture our flesh. Is this also not so?

Yes Werewolves would still be able to pick up things, however once again this is moving slow "Stealth" as it were. ""Just my personal view of the world of werewolves!"" hwlwnk
sugarpoultry
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: awwoo

Post by sugarpoultry »

Guys go easy on him... How did the focus go from his idea to grammar? :? Spammy. Can haz topic?

Anyways, I really liked your views. They are interesting and unique. A few things are very similar to mine too. :)
My werewolf novel: www.wolflegend.com
My deviantArt: www.sugarpoultry.deviantart.com
My website: www.jennettebrown.com
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Well, personally his use of capitalization and quotations is throwing me into a loop, since I keep seeing connotations and implications that I'm fairly sure that he isn't intending. On the other hand, if they are there by intent then that changes the content of the post considerably.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

I dont know about that Wingman...alot of the posts in this forum have not put in capitalization in the beginning of their sentences. so...I dont think we need to get worked up over what going on here.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

sugarpoultry wrote:Guys go easy on him... How did the focus go from his idea to grammar? :? Spammy. Can haz topic?

Anyways, I really liked your views. They are interesting and unique. A few things are very similar to mine too. :)
Thank you! Finally someone who gets the point of this post! Yes, my views are somewhat unique, after all most everything I do is different from the way others would do them, thats just my way. However, isn't this the real intention of this web site, to gather the views of others for the benefit of making a better Werewolf Movie?
Wingman wrote:Well, personally his use of capitalization and quotations is throwing me into a loop, since I keep seeing connotations and implications that I'm fairly sure that he isn't intending. On the other hand, if they are there by intent then that changes the content of the post considerably.
Tell me what it is your seeing within my post that you think my Punctuation is implying, I will tell you if you are right or not. and on what points it is so. "" If one never asks, one never knows. "" Either way I can clear it up, or bring it into the foreground... "" There may be more, then what meets the eye. "" :lol: :wink: hwlwnk
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

This said can we please get back on topic?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

MODERATOR'S ADVICE

Listen to the guy. Stay on thread. Just because we may not post in every forum, doesn't mean we don't look.

The topic is "My Idea of a Werewolf". Let's keep exploring that, okay?
:evil:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

RedEye wrote:MODERATOR'S ADVICE

Listen to the guy. Stay on thread. Just because we may not post in every forum, doesn't mean we don't look.

The topic is "My Idea of a Werewolf". Let's keep exploring that, okay?
:evil:
Thank you !!!
Werewolfdragon wrote:Back on topic I find myself wondering what your ideas of a werewolf are, lets hear some other points of view, shall we?

You have seen some of my views so, What are your ideas of a werewolf?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Werewolfdragon wrote: I was just pointing out the fact that slashing and batting at prey is a tactic mostly used by the cat families. As for humans, I have never heard of a human clawing or batting at anyone. instead humans "Quote" punch and hit, it is the form of the attack I am talking about. Yes We werewolves would need to do things differently when we are standing upright. However we only do this when we are looking around or moving slow, even in the movies, when moving fast or attacking most are on all fours, is this not so?
In my experience with werewolf film and fiction, outside of the strictly four-legged kinds of werewolves, a lot tend to fight and kill on two-legs. Like, say, the werewolves in Dog Soldiers.
As for protection This has been taken care of already. "" Werewolves are only able to be killed by A few ways. "" We are stronger, faster, and much harder to kill then both A normal wolf or human combined. This is due to A few things, first because Werewolves are so much faster, we are harder to hit. Second, because of our vast strength each and every strike we land is one of devastation. And thirdly, one must keep in mind the immunities, there are few things that can even Puncture our flesh. Is this also not so?
Considering it's your idea, it's only "So" if you say it's "So". Though really, like I said it's still going to make sticking your neck out a bad idea. Even a human can punch you in the windpipe and that's going to be mightily unpleasant.

Not to mention the other things that can be done. Like using a weapon against that particular stuck-out area. Speed doesn't count for much if they can put a blade there and let your own moment impale you on it, etc.
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

And there's the fact that we humans have invented such wonderful things such as "guns" and "explosives".
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

Aki wrote:
Werewolfdragon wrote: I was just pointing out the fact that slashing and batting at prey is a tactic mostly used by the cat families. As for humans, I have never heard of a human clawing or batting at anyone. instead humans "Quote" punch and hit, it is the form of the attack I am talking about. Yes We werewolves would need to do things differently when we are standing upright. However we only do this when we are looking around or moving slow, even in the movies, when moving fast or attacking most are on all fours, is this not so?
In my experience with werewolf film and fiction, outside of the strictly four-legged kinds of werewolves, a lot tend to fight and kill on two-legs. Like, say, the werewolves in Dog Soldiers.
As for protection This has been taken care of already. "" Werewolves are only able to be killed by A few ways. "" We are stronger, faster, and much harder to kill then both A normal wolf or human combined. This is due to A few things, first because Werewolves are so much faster, we are harder to hit. Second, because of our vast strength each and every strike we land is one of devastation. And thirdly, one must keep in mind the immunities, there are few things that can even Puncture our flesh. Is this also not so?
Considering it's your idea, it's only "So" if you say it's "So". Though really, like I said it's still going to make sticking your neck out a bad idea. Even a human can punch you in the windpipe and that's going to be mightily unpleasant.

Not to mention the other things that can be done. Like using a weapon against that particular stuck-out area. Speed doesn't count for much if they can put a blade there and let your own moment impale you on it, etc.
Ok so my view is flawed, very well. However this is due to me focusing more on the wolf instead of on the human side of things. Let my switch my views to more of a human point and see how that makes out ""Continued on my next reply post""
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

Ok now lets look at the werewolf from more of A humans point of view... The human aspect or side of the werewolf would do a few things to the werewolves behavior. First, this would increase intelligence, Making It A possibility for the werewolf to think instead of acting on pure instinct. Due to this alot of other things have to change, For example, what kind of person was it that turned into a werewolf? Was he mean, or kind? did he keep to himself? or hang with others? Is The person A male, or a female? The list could go on and on, however this will be good enough for my needs here... Lets take A human that keeps to himself. a lowner you could say, now lets make that loner into a mean person. now you have A loner that is alone due to everyone mostly not wanting to be around him, because he is mean to everyone. Now change him into a werewolf, lets see what we now have... A werewolf with this persons mind would most Likely kill everyone it came across, or that came across it. (Remember, This is only using two aspects of the mind out of thousands.) Now lets take a look at A kind person that hangs with others, lets make this one a male also, since I do not wish to try to talk about females me, being A male and all :lol: ...
You most likely would have a werewolf that even in Werewolf form would seek out company, time and time again, would try to make friends. Would even go so far as to join A pack, Or Make a pack of his own. By changing others into werewolves. Granted this would only be plausible with willing targets...get my meaning this is just two out of four ways of combining these traits and there are thousands of different possibilities, because there are thousands of different traits that could be applied. For example, how others react ,and their environment also effect how a werewolf would react? With this in mind... How would you act as a werewolf ? Also one more thing. for the first time werewolves. wouldn't they have to learn to walk all over again? Up right that is...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Bloodyredbaron wrote:And there's the fact that we humans have invented such wonderful things such as "guns" and "explosives".
That will come should this fail:

Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolfdragon »

To kitetsu
No offence intended ,however that has got to be the worst art I have ever seen. OUCH!!!
A little advice, if your trying to get people to visit your site, might I suggest posting some of your better art and throwing this kind of pictures in the trash???.

What does this have to do with "" Idea Of a Werewolf "" ??? It's hurting my eyes... What in the world is it suppose to be???

Back on topic
Come on people and werewolves alike. Surely someone has other ideas concerning Werewolves?
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

Werewolfdragon wrote:To kitetsu
No offence intended ,however that has got to be the worst art I have ever seen. OUCH!!!
A little advice, if your trying to get people to visit your site, might I suggest posting some of your better art and throwing this kind of pictures in the trash???.

What does this have to do with "" Idea Of a Werewolf "" ??? It's hurting my eyes... What in the world is it suppose to be???
:x How rude.

How can you say "no offense" and then insult him in the same sentence? The only way you could justify the use of the phrase "no offense" would be if it were constructive negative criticism, not destructive negative criticism (which you have so clearly demonstrated). If you don't like his art, please say it in a respectful manner. We do not tolerate hate.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Werewolfdragon wrote:To kitetsu

Pretty bold statements from a guy with some of the most painful spelling and grammar on the forum. You might want to learn how to write above a 6th grade level before you go around pissing on other people's art... unless you want to embarrass yourself further.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

As has been noted, I find it amusing that you can call someones art bad when 1. Its a sketch to show something, ergo not meant to be a full on drawing. 2. I would want to see you draw any better. 3. When your grammar is downright awful and makes you look like a total and complete 13 year old noob.

But to spare you any further humilitation I shall focus on the topic. :)

The picture is trying to show that werewolves can be damaged by certain attacks that could break bones, immobailze, etc, not just regular weapons. Some of these moves, on top of that could be done by humans.

The werewolf interaction stuff sounds Ok but I must say that a "mean loner" may just stay away or run away rather than killing anyone he sees which will bring him more trouble. Besides if the werewolf is a loner, they'd want to stay out of the way of anything that could potentially cause trouble.
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."