What to do with a human who knows too much?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Oh no, a human has just seen you shift! What would you do?

Kill him
8%
Bite him so that if he tells anyone he will be putting himself in danger too
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
7%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
3%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
25%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
15%
Do nothing and hope that he will assume no one would believe him
8%
Other
8%

Total votes: 61

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: What to do with a human who knows too much?

Post by Terastas »

lovec1990 wrote:you can ignore them anyway who will belive them
I think the dilemma is that, while most people would not believe everything he said, most people would also not immediately assume he's just a crackpot or that he made it all up completely. Just because they reject the notion that he saw a werewolf doesn't mean they would in turn reject the notion that he saw anything at all.

So even though nobody would believe him about the werewolves, it would still result in people combing around looking for what they think he really saw that night.

Which might, in turn, result in them uncovering paw prints or something else that could verify that the eyewitnesses is, at the very least, not completely batshit crazy and did see something that night. So even though nobody would actually believe him, it could still complicate things in the long term.

I think Meeper only has the right of it in that ignoring them would be the preferred method, albeit one that wouldn't always be available to them.

Somewhere between 6 and 7 should be the option for withdrawal or to otherwise lay low, exercise additional caution and completely avoid the area(s) where the sighting(s) occurred as much as possible and wait until it blows over, with options 1-6 only appearing on the table once it becomes readily apparent that this is not going to happen within the amount of time they can afford to wait for it.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Terastas wrote:Somewhere between 6 and 7 should be the option for withdrawal or to otherwise lay low, exercise additional caution and completely avoid the area(s) where the sighting(s) occurred as much as possible and wait until it blows over, with options 1-6 only appearing on the table once it becomes readily apparent that this is not going to happen within the amount of time they can afford to wait for it.
Funnily enough Lovec1990 presented me with a sightings scenario (specifically a group of boy scouts in the woods), I suggested about this very same thing, withdraw and lay low, and don't use the area for a while, at least till you've learned more about what other people use it for.

Lovec1990 is also still chasing the forced hand of inescapable evidence gathered by way of photos or video, presumably shot with any one of the plethora of digital camera equipped mobile devices. I imagine the usual/preferred method of dealing with this is confiscating/destroying/discrediting the media rather than intimidation or murder. I'd expect to see at the dumb end of the spectrum, burglaries and thefts to take up some of a werewolf pack's clean up operations, and at the advanced end, clever ways to disable, destroy, or discredit equipment and data without the inherent risks involved with theft, or indeed murder. Intimidation is only effective if your target actually knows why, which defeats the object of being secretive, while murder, in my humble opinion, should only be considered for devout trouble makers or otherwise last resort.

All this is a narrow confined point anyway, werewolves are either inherently a threat, in which case they bloody well better hide (or better yet, just stop perpetuating themselves, seriously, sometimes I wonder if the werewolves in the Freeborn script are serious about all their laws and why they exist, it all seems more like an exclusive club with fubar admittance rules than an honest life), or if they're not inherently a threat, then it all comes down to a person by person basis (much like humanity as it already exists). in this latter case, I see no reason why werewolves should hide, because by doing so it sends a clear message, they think they have something to hide from the rest of us, if there's one thing that's going to make me scared of them and make provision to protect myself, that's it. Make your choice, werewolves...

In that sense, it probably is closer to the likes of a deadly disease like AIDS, there's people who were brave enough to be responsible, find out how to manage it, and go on to live relatively normal lives without having to go to such lengths to keep themselves secret, while others have seen fit to embrace AIDS with such apparent enthusiasm that they've willfully infected people for god only knows what reasons. Again, the former shouldn't have to hide, while the latter, as I alluded to in option 2, seriously need their tracks halted, even if I have to lay my own neck on the line to do it, and that is the type of trouble maker I might consider just knocking off for the greater good, not someone who ran away scared half to death and makes a few panicked proclamations.

Or maybe I'm not too clever and can't see the big picture, which is quite likely, I'm the first to admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, and I don't have very much practical life experience.

Just my thoughts for the offering.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
LupusDream
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Winter
Additional Details: i am a lover, hater and a out cast

Post by LupusDream »

confuse the heck out of him and say just kidding around and say that person is crazy
there was a time when wolf and man walked along side each other, but one day wolf and man would walked as one

http://LupusDream.deviantart.com/ <- my art :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Meeper wrote:Lovec1990 is also still chasing the forced hand of inescapable evidence gathered by way of photos or video, presumably shot with any one of the plethora of digital camera equipped mobile devices. I imagine the usual/preferred method of dealing with this is confiscating/destroying/discrediting the media rather than intimidation or murder. I'd expect to see at the dumb end of the spectrum, burglaries and thefts to take up some of a werewolf pack's clean up operations, and at the advanced end, clever ways to disable, destroy, or discredit equipment and data without the inherent risks involved with theft, or indeed murder. Intimidation is only effective if your target actually knows why, which defeats the object of being secretive, while murder, in my humble opinion, should only be considered for devout trouble makers or otherwise last resort.
When the werewolves in Inhuman have no doubt that someone is very well in the know about werewolves, enough to know who one or two are personally, and has demonstrated malicious intent, they do have a couple of guys they can turn to as a last resort. The first is a "mechanic" of sorts who typically kills in ways that make them look either like accidents or more generic crime scenes, while the other guy's M.O. is to go unarmed, then grab the nearest object he can find and stab or bludgeon them however long it takes to kill them, which makes the crime scene look more like a crime of passion or an involuntary manslaughter.

But yes, it is an absolute last resort, and even then one reserved only for a very specific type of troublemaker (namely the kind that hasn't gone to the police, media and/or community). It does cause unwanted attention to the community they live in as a whole, but with a narrative that sends the police off in the wrong direction.

Even if the victim(s) had been making noise about werewolves, I don't think any detectives worth their salt would consider that anything but an interesting tidbit under any circumstances, much less when their murder weapon left at the scene is a broken lamp or a golf trophy.
All this is a narrow confined point anyway, werewolves are either inherently a threat, in which case they bloody well better hide (or better yet, just stop perpetuating themselves, seriously, sometimes I wonder if the werewolves in the Freeborn script are serious about all their laws and why they exist, it all seems more like an exclusive club with fubar admittance rules than an honest life), or if they're not inherently a threat, then it all comes down to a person by person basis (much like humanity as it already exists). in this latter case, I see no reason why werewolves should hide, because by doing so it sends a clear message, they think they have something to hide from the rest of us, if there's one thing that's going to make me scared of them and make provision to protect myself, that's it. Make your choice, werewolves...
Not a threat so much as a major can of worms. There's the panic, the zealots, the government, the scientists, and my personal favorite, all the angry, low-IQ douche bags that think they already know everything there is to know about lycanthropy and have decided they want to be werewolves too.

Essentially, it's just as much a question of what the werewolves have to hide as who specifically they are trying to hide it from.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Terastas wrote:
lovec1990 wrote:you can ignore them anyway who will belive them
I think the dilemma is that, while most people would not believe everything he said, most people would also not immediately assume he's just a crackpot or that he made it all up completely. Just because they reject the notion that he saw a werewolf doesn't mean they would in turn reject the notion that he saw anything at all.

So even though nobody would believe him about the werewolves, it would still result in people combing around looking for what they think he really saw that night.

Which might, in turn, result in them uncovering paw prints or something else that could verify that the eyewitnesses is, at the very least, not completely batshit crazy and did see something that night. So even though nobody would actually believe him, it could still complicate things in the long term.

I think Meeper only has the right of it in that ignoring them would be the preferred method, albeit one that wouldn't always be available to them.

Somewhere between 6 and 7 should be the option for withdrawal or to otherwise lay low, exercise additional caution and completely avoid the area(s) where the sighting(s) occurred as much as possible and wait until it blows over, with options 1-6 only appearing on the table once it becomes readily apparent that this is not going to happen within the amount of time they can afford to wait for it.
ufo sightings 100 eyewitneses and video evidence and stil no one belives it so what are the chances they will belive 10 eyewitneses
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Terastas wrote:Not a threat so much as a major can of worms. There's the panic, the zealots, the government, the scientists, and my personal favorite, all the angry, low-IQ douche bags that think they already know everything there is to know about lycanthropy and have decided they want to be werewolves too.

Essentially, it's just as much a question of what the werewolves have to hide as who specifically they are trying to hide it from.
Commencing thought dump in 3...2...1...

Ain't that the truth! But therein lies the root of the threat. In my experience all it takes is a stray unpleasant thought (usually one put there and allowed to fester for a while) and a little mental projection to turn a simple straight forward human being into a nightmare, I've been harassed, punched, kicked, beat upon, had stones and bottles thrown at me, called a variety of slanderous things, confronted by angry faced people and either been badgered or given red faced ultimatums, usually both (I call these people "vigilante bullies", their anger seems to last only as long as you don't make them think, because then fear of their own stupidity sets in and they turn into trembling lambs, fat lot of use they are protecting the things they profess to care about so deeply that they get in your face over it), all under the delusion I'm out to get them, all while minding my own business, trying to get to where I'm going, or even having the audacity to stop long enough to enjoy other people's lives play out for goodness sakes, just going about my daily boring routine in life as we all do I've come within a ill informed decision of not being here to tell you about it. I could tell a few stories, but you get the idea.

Sometimes I don't know which is worse, the can of worms you're talking about, or the already open can of worms trying to keep the lid on the next can of worms, it happened with the atomic bomb, the Americans saw potential in Albert Einstein's famous equation and, in beating the Germans to the punch, made the nightmare come true. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We can never know how things might have been, but at least now humanity is learning to be responsible with it, or at least trying to, I wonder if such a thing as a werewolf is so different.

I'd love to ponder this further, but I'm tired and out of inspiration, besides I don't believe I'm competent enough to understand and comment further, so I'll leave it there. End of thought dump :) .

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

meeper you are not the only one i was beaten and stabed once because some genius decide too tell the lies about my sexuality around school so i become the target of bullies but i got lucky when i was beaten and stabed(in arm) by them i kinda kick the leader in sensitive spot and they all retreat i would be in ER if i didnt kick him.

WW should hide his gift from most humans exept those he trust enough.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

hhmm, this is quite the question.Wether friend or foe its complicated.On one hand you need to insure your safety, on the other hand you can't just go around killing off anyone who would or could be a threat.I think the best bet for dealing with a human who knows to much is to have a cover story of some kind.Tell them you slipped them a micky :P
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

killing human who saw you isnt great idea meybe is for movies or series but reality isnt that simple police will investigate his death and so will hunters so you would have more troubles than if you ignore him.

ignoring is risky but there is posibility that he would think he was seing things but if he recorded youyou should go to him and take recording device from him and destroy evidence then you can leave.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

I don't think playing ignorant,wait,that just might be the answer.I was gonna say ignoring them and not actually doing anything would not be a good idea but when you think about it.You could just chalk it up to them being crazy and doc's would prob put them on some meds.Honestly today any video could be altered and there is prob someone out there who could do it without it being detected.So if they did get you on video not everyone is gonna believe them anyway.
Sure a rational person would agree that you can't just go take them out(eat them) BUT the law might just chalk it up to an animal attack.Using the word chalk a lot but it seems to fit :P . Anything that you might do that would get the law involved is risky.Don't want to get locked up.At the same time you don't need a group of loonies following you around.
The dogs of any hunter that may be tracking the 'animal attack' would prob loose your scent.Granted that you have some kind of control and could rid yourself of the crime scene.This is a good one cause there are lots of scenarios.I guess in the end it depends on the severity of the situation and what your willing to do to protect yourself and those like you.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

Sevena i agree playing ignorant is best way too deal with eyewitnesses.

even if you come across 20 boy scouts you should ignore them killing them is very bad idea.Sure they will talk what they saw but nobody would belive them even their parents wont some will even take them to see psychologist or Psychiatrist.