Anubis army

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Anubis army

Post by SGrayWolf »

Since they weren't werewolves, I chose to put this thread here but how did everyone feel about the Anubis jackal army on "The Mummy Returns"?

I thought they were pretty nifty, for CG creatures. :)
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

I loved them. They were my favorite CG canine characters before Van Helsing came out. Not only were the Anubis warriors themselves cool, but the movies themselves (Mummy, The Mummy Returns) rocked my world! I loved them both! Great adventure movies that I highly recommend.

Gotta say though, the Anubis warriors could have used some more screen time. I'm thinking like a final fight with the Genera/Commander of the Anubis Warriors...who knows. But definitly more screentime.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Yeah I agree, they should have had more screentime.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

:howl:  :oo I just love that smiley! I really liked the Van Helsing werewolf, and they, too, should have been given more airtime. We'll see how it goes with Devoured. I'm sure that the werewolves - full werewolves - will get as much screne time as money will allow. It's pretty expensive to animate. .
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Silver wrote::howl:  :oo I just love that smiley! I really liked the Van Helsing werewolf, and they, too, should have been given more airtime. We'll see how it goes with Devoured. I'm sure that the werewolves - full werewolves - will get as much screne time as money will allow. It's pretty expensive to animate. .

Wouldn't it be cool if humans got less screen time.

:D

Edit. Gee, didn't notice my spelling mistake until now. :oops:
Last edited by Figarou on Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

I thought that the army of Anubis was done extremely well, and I was even going to bring them up in another post before I saw this one. As for my opinion to what the Werewolves in Devoured should look like, I was thinking something along this line for their body stance. I mean, the Jackal-headed warriors did have the whole digitigrade stance (which is a MUST, in my opinion), and everything appeared in proportion (unlike the werewolves of Underworld, who not only looked like shaved hampsters, but who's heads looked entirely TOO BIG for their bodies). Anyway, they were definitely favorite characters of mine in the Mummy movies.
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~

Post by Guest »

I loved those they looked so cool , and also got me into wanting to draw
Anubis alot more than my wolves :D
Nirvelli
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Nirvelli »

Anonymous wrote:I loved those they looked so cool , and also got me into wanting to draw
Anubis alot more than my wolves :D
Crap this post is mine i forgot to log in :oops: