Interesting prospect for June in ABC's "The Gates"

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Interesting prospect for June in ABC's "The Gates"

Post by garouda »

Though information is scanty, there is enough to reveal that this private community includes more than just vampires, but also other bump in the night folks like werewolves among its residents:

"Meet Brett (played by Colton Haynes). He’s a dichotomy of the “jock’ because he’s not only linebacker of the football team, he’s also really smart. Oh he also has anger issues, which is a bit of a downer because dude is a werewolf. "

The Gates

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-gates

http://scifiwire.com/2010/05/abcs-new-s ... w-is-l.php

http://lesbiangamers.com/2010/05/rhona- ... ming-june/

This appears to have 13 episodes ordered, maybe something good will come out of it.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Interesting prospect for June in ABC's "The Gates"

Post by Terastas »

*sigh* Well. . . At the very least, it can't possibly make anything worse for werewolves than Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Vampire Diaries had. :P I don't trust ABC though -- second to the CW, they produce the most tween-targeted dribble of any network.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Okay, I finally just saw this on Netflix (I'm recovering from one humdinger of a cold, so lots of laying on the sofa staring at the TV). Definitely having flashbacks to Buffy and other similar crap, but I was actually sort of impressed. For an ABC production, I think there was something there for everyone. I actually liked how the traditional werewolves-vs-vampires dynamic got replaced by this snotty social brinksmanship -- they can't rip each others' faces off in front of the rest of the gated community, so they engage in this verbal guerilla warfare instead. As much as I despise ABC just on principle, I have to say that I'm actually sort of sad to see that it only ran for one season. Masterpiece Theater it was not, but it actually beat the heck out of most of the other vampires-vs-werewolves stuff out there.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

im newer into this kinda shows,but why is so popular making vampires and werewolfs enemys?
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Easy built-in conflict plot device. It's the signature of a lazy writer. Nonetheless, I still think it was an okay show.