Smallville Series Finale...

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Smallville Series Finale...

Post by alphanubilus »

I didn't want to believe it... I didn't want to accept it... but alas my dear packsters... Smallville: the Series is at long last... over. :cry: While I missed most of the first two seasons, due to insanity, I suppose, I made up for it, by buying them all on DVD and watching them... I really LOVED this series. Originally, it was the only way I could cope with losing Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, but I grew to love the show for its own unique take on the story of Superman's origins, as well as its great cast of characters, Chloe being my favorite...and then Lois. I watched a small special that was recorded by the cast, and I almost cried when Erica Durrance started crying. It must be hard/exciting for all of them, as they won't be returning to work, and will have to spread their wings and do other things.

The series finale was pretty good over all. Much like the Doomsday finale of Season 8, the actual final battle was pretty short. I had expected Darkside to put up a much more dramatic fight, but he sort of went out like a flashbulb. I loved how they slowly incorporated John William's classic themes into the show, eventually ending the series with the classic Superman theme. You get to see Clark fly...dawn the legendary Superman suit, and all that jazz. They used a lot of CGI, and while it isn't nearly as good as what was done for Superman: Returns, it was very servicable for the series and was one of the better looking episodes, but then again, it SHOULD be!

All in all, I will miss Smallville, but at least I have the series on DVD, so I can relive all the lovely moments again...and again... and again...

I'm sure I'm not the only packster that will miss the series either. :)
solimbo
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Timber-Wolf
Mood: Excited

Re: Smallville Series Finale...

Post by solimbo »

no you are not. it smallvill in no more I to have them all on dvd at least so it wont be quite so mist just the prospect of new ones are.
May the light forever shine on you all.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Oh Smallville I will miss thee...I grew up watching that Show. Forever you shall be in my heart...and on my shirt! hwlwnk
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Man I feel like I am missing a lot by not watching all these great TV shows. Smallville, Breaking Bad, and god knows what else. Anyway I can watch all the shows online? :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image