Grimm

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Louve_Lillith
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Moonlight Bard
Additional Details: I am published poet and author. I have a dark and quirky sense of humor and love fantasy writing.
Mood: Happy

Grimm

Post by Louve_Lillith »

Grimm is a combination of Law & Order with a dash of The Brothers Grimm thrown in! Now the werewolf part of this program are the pretty wild and fun "Blutbad" characters. The "Blutbads" (German for Blood Bath) are basically the Big Bad Wolves of the Brothers Grimm fame. Anyway if you've seen it, are a fan, love it, hate it or just wanna hug Monroe just post your thoughts here. hwlwnk 8) :shift:
Through forests deep and Winter's cold my soul follows the eternal song...Leading me home!
Kigai Holt
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: Busy

Re: Grimm

Post by Kigai Holt »

I saw the first episode (I think, it involved werewolves). I enjoyed it very much, but being that I don't have cable, I didn't get to see any other episodes. Looked like a really promising series though.
Louve_Lillith
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Moonlight Bard
Additional Details: I am published poet and author. I have a dark and quirky sense of humor and love fantasy writing.
Mood: Happy

Post by Louve_Lillith »

Kigai Holt wrote:I saw the first episode (I think, it involved werewolves). I enjoyed it very much, but being that I don't have cable, I didn't get to see any other episodes. Looked like a really promising series though.
It's phenomenal! I think you can see a lot of the episodes on youtube (could be wrong). And you are absolutely right the Blutbad are very lupine Monroe being the one who befriends Nick (the Grimm's descendant). The first episode is a close contender to my favorite so far, but I may be biased because my FAVORITE storyteller: The Marvelous Mr. Mark Lewis had a cameo as the adorable grandpa of the little girl who gets taken (SPOILER ALERT) by the BIG BAD BLUTBAD that Monroe helps Nick catch after a case of mistaken identity (Mainly Monroe getting a whole lotta headaches from Nicks police team). This show has consistently kept true to both its elements of a crime solving show as well as a modern take on the tales collected by the Grimm Brothers. I really hope they keep that quality throughout!

p.s. Kigai:
An episode guide and synopsis is available at http://www.nbc.com/grimm/ :wink: hwlwnk :)
Through forests deep and Winter's cold my soul follows the eternal song...Leading me home!
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

I have really enjoyed it so far. It has even been educational for me despite the number of myths and folk tales I’ve read. I couldn’t tell what story Beeware was based on until I did some research and discovered The Queen Bee. It brings a nice bit of nostalgia, since I now remember reading an adaptation of that tale starring Goofy as the main character when I was a kid.

Learning the translation for Blutbad is funny. When I first heard that was the name for the wolf people it made me laugh. It sounds like a kind of parasitic fly. Blutbot fly? :lol:
Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com