The Thing 2011

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

The Thing 2011

Post by Figarou »

Just watched it the other day. Turned out to be pretty good. I'm glad how it leads up to John Carpenter's version. :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Thing 2011

Post by Shadow Wulf »

They spoiled half the movie in the trailers. I was able to tell who was the thing DX
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:They spoiled half the movie in the trailers. I was able to tell who was the thing DX

Trailers normally do that.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

HA! Good that I have not seen any trailer of it so far. So I can not spoil myself before I can watch it 8)
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I personally hate it how they are making sequels for all these great classic movies. The Thing, Blade Runner, Total Recall. None of these movies need sequels or a remake, we don't need one! They are usually by far inferior to the original, especially after this long. After the trailer of the thing I deliberately spoiled myself by watching some scenes, particularly this one scene which I was not impressed by where The Thing attacks everyone in a room.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Just so you know, John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake. This new one was going to be a 3rd remake. But they decided to do a prequel. Now I would like to see a sequel to John Carpenter's version.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah the original was The Thing from Outer Space. John Carpenter was a great director back in the 80s and thats what help make the remake of The Thing great. When this prequel was announced I really had no interest in watching it, like I knew it was going to be garbage. I will see about renting it to check it out. I just hope it's somewhat decent.
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok so I watched it and even though the trailer did a lousy job on not spoiling half the movie for me, it was actually fairly good. Entertaining popcorn flick. :)
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

This version is directed by a Dutch guy. :D

I'm curious if they screwed this version up though, I liked the original (by that I mean the Carpenter-remake).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

It wasn't my choice to see this movie in theatres -- parts of that movie were.....disturbing.

I get a little squeamish sometime.
:shudder:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."