Wolf Cop (film). $1M budget.

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: Wolf Cop (film). $1M budget.

Post by Meeper »

I don't hold out much hope either, but I've been surprised before, Dog Soldiers to name one example. I might go get it tonight if I can summon the energy, and edit a review in this post in the coming days, heck it's something to do if nothing else (yes I am really that bored right now).

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Nope. Sorry, my instincts and sensibilities got the better of me. Aside from the nagging feeling the movie was marketed as a comedy because they knew they could pull off a good movie and copped out (no pun intended), I couldn't justify forking out £7 for a straight to video movie, when it's on a shelf rubbing shoulders with some of it's bigger budget theater gracing brethren that can be had for less than £5.

Curiously, a few of days ago when I almost deluded myself into buying it, I beheld the video shelf bereft. There were maybe 5 copies when I first noticed it, and about the same when I checked the next time, and then suddenly no videos. Whether it sold out in the space of a month (stranger things have happened), or it was pulled from shelves I can't be sure. Self space being at a premium could account for it being pulled, but no prizes for guessing what other reasons there are. In either case the the basic quality of the movie was probably not a factor considering the other videos I've seen displayed there. Before you think it, no, this is a supermarket, not some seedy back alley store selling bootlegs with wacky baccie on the side :P .

Looks like it wasn't meant to be. No matter, I've consulted google, and umm, yeah, I think I'll pass. Maybe if it shows up on a market stall for £1, I might buy it then (after some haggling :P ).

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Yeah, or do what I do with cr@p movies: Wait for them to come out on Netflix. :D
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

It is now on Netflix.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

well i saw it it certinaly is something new following text contains spoilers:

-First transformation is extremly intresting
-We have probably first onscreen transformed werewolf having sex with human.
- Alcohol seams too give him enhanced power.

othervise nothing to write home about.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Well, you two beat me to it. I just watched it last night. It's about what I expected. Then again, as a comedy it actually had a few genuinely funny moments -- y'know, a few. All in all, though it's an amusing film to watch only if you paid nothing to see it. Again: Thank God for Netflix.
:)
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

Well like lovec1990 said "First transformation is extremely interesting."
Yes it was. I actually laughed through most of the movie.
Its not the worst werewolf movie out there.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Sheba wrote:First transformation is extremely interesting.
Would that be the one where he's in the bathroom in the bar, taking a leak? :D

Favorite scene: He's locked in the cell at the police station and shapeshifts. He suddenly shoves his hand through the bars and the crazy gun-nut-guy stumbles backward -- then realizes he's pointing at the bottle of scotch on the desk and grunting.

Favorite line: "I know what you're thinking -- and I approve."
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

yes that is the one uniform
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

lovec1990 wrote:-We have probably first onscreen transformed werewolf having sex with human.
I guess that answers the question then, why it mysteriously vanished from the store shelf :lol: .

The Meeper.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*reads thread*

*is perplexed by positive feedback*

*goes to look it up on Google*

*sees werewolf in "draw me like one of your French girls" pose*

*pours bleach into his ear*
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Eh. Some movies are just so bad that they somehow become entertaining simply by being as bad as they are. But yes, if you're looking for a serious werewolf movie (as opposed to a farcical one), I would suggest using a melon-baller to remove your eyes before watching this flick. Otherwise, permanent psychosis may result.
:D
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Apparently it was good enough to warrant a sequel :o

The Meeper.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Oh, you have got to be f***ing kidding me. :eyebrow:
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Wikipedia says there's a planned third film as well. I guess once you've built a team for an initial production, it can be hard to let go. :roll: :lol:

The Meeper.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

This is my fault. I watched the entire first season of The Order on Netflix -- loved it -- went and looked it up on Wikipedia and found that it's been renewed for a second season. Then I saw the episode of the anthology series Love Death and Robots entitled "Shapeshifters" -- loved that -- looked it up and found that it too had been renewed for a second season... And then promptly voiced to a friend my cautious optimism that we were possibly going to start seeing cool werewolf-themed stuff again.

Karma is listening apparently. :(