olympus has fallen

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

olympus has fallen

Post by Volkodlak »

I youst watch it,good movie,but it is youst me or it was presidents fault for events after plane attacked white house because of ignoring protocol?
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: olympus has fallen

Post by Berserker »

This movie was Die Hard. Even had several scenes lifted directly from Die Hard. The director had no shame.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

Berserker wrote:This movie was Die Hard. Even had several scenes lifted directly from Die Hard. The director had no shame.
still it was good, you know everyone are copying others look white house down
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I finally saw it.

All I can say is God bless Netflix... If I had actually paid money to see this steaming pail of squirrel-vomit, I would probably have been pretty upset. Seriously, Netflix is awesome. Now that I don't have any real money riding on it (aside from the $8 per month pittance fee), I can actually sit back and quietly enjoy crap-movies again.

My biggest disappointment in the movie was I didn't get to see Morgan Freeman respond to the evil-Korean-terrorist-dude: "So, let me see if I understand your grand strategy here: Now that you have successfully cornered yourself in a 19th Century mansion and intentionally allowed yourself to be surrounded by a small army of police -- and a rather larger army of, well, Army... What you're saying is that all I have to do is be a complete dick to you and meet exactly zero of your demands (thereby earning me all sorts of points with the constituency that you just shot up something fierce), and you'll basically make me the next president of the United States? So... What exactly is my down-side here?"
Eric Shawn

Post by Eric Shawn »

I think this is an awesome movie at all. but here drawback is that technology used in this movie is like the copy of " Live free or Die hard "
I don't know which movie is copied but i've seen two movies on same subject.
Wow. After seeing both White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen, I can confidently say that though the idea is the same of terrorists taking over the Whitehouse, both directors (Roland Emmerich and Antoine Fuqua) made the movies extremely different. Overall I think that Faqua picked a great cast of actors and actresses and they played their roles at the best of their ability. I honestly do not think that White House Down was better than Olympus Has Fallen or vice versa. I do recommend you see this movie like
a good son though just go into it with a little bit of caution because there are times where I cringed at the gory scenes. The deciding factor of which movie the audience would rather see though basically is would you rather see a comedy action movie (White House Down) or an action thriller (Olympus Has Fallen)
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I'm sorry, but that was one of the dumbest movies around. Almost every aspect of the thing was the cinematic equivalent of dragging your nails down a chalkboard. I mean, the entire plot revolved around hijacking an AC-130 and sneaking it into the NCA airspace... and then without even going into how they managed that little number in the first place, crashed it into the Washington Monument (without adding anything to the story, apparently just for an excuse to have another million dollars of splodey FX). The protagonist's backstory was absurdly forced, the White-House-Secret-Passages subplot was just silly, and the writing was generally lame. Like, this was the sort of movie you get Michael Bay to direct, because it hits every one of his personal failings bullseye. What really blew me away was they went and made a sequel (London Has Fallen). Like, seriously?! Were there really that many people who went to see this thing and came out saying "Hey! That was awesome! You know what would be great? That exact same movie, with essentially the same plot."?
:?
And Hollywood can't figure out why their revenues keep falling year after year.