Split (2017)

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Split (2017)

Post by Uniform Two Six »

:o
Bumbling around the internet at three in the morning, I stumbled across this on YouTube. Apparently M. Night Shamalayn has a new flick coming out in January. Basically it looks like a bunch of teenage girls get abducted by a lunatic (pun intended) who suffers from multiple personality syndrome. He has 23 different personalities -- with the twist apparently being that one of them may be a werewolf.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Re: Split (2017)

Post by Meeper »

I saw the trailer before, and must admit, I thought of werewolves. I like where this one seems to be going.

Even if it isn't (I wouldn't bet on it being a wolf), it does look interesting, which is more than I can say for the majority of movies the past couple of years. I just hope the director doesn't pull anything too silly/weird with it, lest Watch-Mojo receive fodder for another Trailers-That-Were-Better-Than-The-Movie compilation.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Meeper wrote: I just hope the director doesn't pull anything too silly/weird with it...
So... You did see the part about it being an M. Night Shamalayn flick, right?

Just checking.
:grinp:
Seriously, though, I don't care. Even if it has the silly/stupid crap that he's notorious for, it'll still be better than almost any other werewolf movie out there.
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Uniform Two Six wrote:
Meeper wrote: I just hope the director doesn't pull anything too silly/weird with it...
So... You did see the part about it being an M. Night Shamalayn flick, right?

Just checking.
:grinp:
Seriously, though, I don't care. Even if it has the silly/stupid crap that he's notorious for, it'll still be better than almost any other werewolf movie out there.
Aye, I know. And agreed. But still, here's hoping for the kind of silly/weird that works okay. 8)
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

I look at it this way: If he can do at least as well as The Village, it'll be well worth the price of admission (despite the fact that I had sort of figured out the plot twist within about five minutes of the opening scene). The ending can be sort of stupid as long as the rest of the movie is nice and creepy. M.N.S. does creepy/spooky/mysterious atmosphere really well. In fact if I could figure out the run-time in advance and set my watch to alert me five minutes before the end, I can get up to go pee, miss said ending and probably enjoy the entire movie better that way.
:D
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Meeper »

Heh, yeah, M. Night Shimmyshammy does apparently have a reputation for weak foreshadowing (which is depressing for me because I never saw the twists coming, or maybe I was just eye-glazed zoned out for most of it, who knows :lol: ). So far I've seen Unbreakable, Lady in the Water, and The Happening. (Oh gawd, The Happening... Started off interesting and then just... :| )

The Meeper.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, apparently the "twist" ending was that it takes place in the Unbreakable setting.

It was still pretty good though. Not as good as his other movies, but a good popcorn matinee.