Movie Music...

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Baphnedia

Movie Music...

Post by Baphnedia »

From where do you get your sources of movie music (aside from hiring a composer)? I've seen a lot on the music industry side, but I have little-to-no way of verifying that some of these companies aren't just sucking up independent artists' money and adding their album to the Neverending Catalogue.

Some of the music promotion companies that 'promote' to TV and Film charge hundreds of dollars, and the musician can't tell whether their album is pushed (and introduced to the right people the right way), or whether their album is just added to a catalog of all their stuff that gets mailed (or emailed) around. I'm freaking active-duty military, and can't afford to hire more than one at a time, and in no way could afford to keep one all year long. Heck, I saw one 'promotion' company offering a website for the musician, for the low cost of $75 per month. All of the freebies didn't even add up to half the dollar value of the first month's payment. Business rape in the music industry is at least as frequent as in other industries.

So, I'm rather curious as to how you guys pick up your music, and where (or who) you go to, to get it. Yes. I'm deliberately placing myself in the fire to get lucky. Or something.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook