Eragon the movie

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

IMO, if you placed Eragon up against Neverending Story, the latter would whomp on it. Thinking back over the film now, I'm definitely thinking the only reason to see Eragon was Saphira (and Jeremy Irons...riding a Friesian...but I'm biased there :wink: ).

*Sigh* I guess I'll go see the sequel, if only to check and see if they learned from their mistakes and improve upon it. Sequels can be better than the originals, after all. But Harry Potter...or even Narnia, THIS AIN'T.
ImageImageImageImage
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

nekocj wrote:I also noticed WETA's name in the credits though. Do you know what they did for the film Moonlite? I was trying to figure that out, they also showed up at the end of Van Hellsing and I was trying to figure out what they did in that as well.

I like ILM ok but sometimes they get a little careless with their physics and deformations and things don't move quite as realistically...like they try to hard I guess I should say.

You know I never read that book though. What are some of the key differences that pissed a lot of the book readers off? I have seen the cover though and I'm glad they didn't give Saphira cavern nostrils like on the cover of the book :lol:

-Neko
No, I'm not quite sure what they did for the movie - but I think they worked on creating a new program to design/animate Saphira. I understand what you mean about ILM, I think, but I would prefer the book over the movie if I was bored. I mean, the movie was easier to watch, but they did leave out alot. For example, Saphira doesn't name herself, but Eragon asks Brom some names of dragons from his 'stories', and the last name he gave was Saphira. In the book, that's the name that Eragon gives his dragon - and later you find out that that was Brom's (dragon's) name, when he was a dragon rider. Another example was Saphira's flame color. In the movie they made it orange-yellow, though the book specified it as a deep blue color - supposedly the hottest part of a fire (which would only make sense with dragons...) But anyway...there's two examples - I can't think of anything else at the moment, though it's real obvious.
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

vrikasatma wrote:IMO, if you placed Eragon up against Neverending Story, the latter would whomp on it. Thinking back over the film now, I'm definitely thinking the only reason to see Eragon was Saphira (and Jeremy Irons...riding a Friesian...but I'm biased there :wink: ).

*Sigh* I guess I'll go see the sequel, if only to check and see if they learned from their mistakes and improve upon it. Sequels can be better than the originals, after all. But Harry Potter...or even Narnia, THIS AIN'T.
Oh, god, Jeremy Irons on that Friesian... lck That was hot. :lol:
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Re: Eragon the movie

Post by Volkodlak »

i finished reading all 4 books and watched the movie.

movie did leave many stuff out,but there were things movie was better than books and that is Saphira we all agree they made her a look little difrent than book version but where they beat book version is her personality and the way she talks period.