Eragon the movie

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'll go see it. According to Ain't It Cool News, it sucks squirrel bazookas but the critics ripped the hell out of "The Fountain," too.

And I'm a new Rachel Weisz fan :)
ImageImageImageImage
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

The 50 score that The Fountain received does not even begin to compare to the 12 that Eragon has now.

However, that 12 does compare to Dungeons and Dragons....
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

its the classical tale of book=rocks
while moive=sucks
o well
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Anubis wrote:She didn't talk in the book, Eragon and Saphira had a telekinetic link so they spoke to each other that way.
I think you mean telepathic? Wouldn't a telekinetic link mean they can move each other around with their minds?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I love Dragons, and I love Dramatic Special Effects, and the Dragon in this film looks really cool...

...but from the first time I saw the trailer for this movie, my first impression was, "this looks like a film about someones fan-fiction story...not a movie worthy epic."

The first "DragonHeart" movie is still the only Dragon Movie I have ever seen that even came close to being really great...and even that one was really disappointing in some parts.

I might just go see it once anyway...but somehow, I get the distinct vibe that this one is in the same league as "Dungeons & Dragons", and "Ring of Fire", and the made for video "DragonHeart 2"...all of which were pretty lame.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

And I thought only werewolves movies were cursed :P
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:I love Dragons, and I love Dramatic Special Effects, and the Dragon in this film looks really cool...

...but from the first time I saw the trailer for this movie, my first impression was, "this looks like a film about someones fan-fiction story...not a movie worthy epic."

The first "DragonHeart" movie is still the only Dragon Movie I have ever seen that even came close to being really great...and even that one was really disappointing in some parts.

I might just go see it once anyway...but somehow, I get the distinct vibe that this one is in the same league as "Dungeons & Dragons", and "Ring of Fire", and the made for video "DragonHeart 2"...all of which were pretty lame.

I really enjoyed DragonHeart. Its my favorite "dragon" movie.

I plan on seeing Eragon tonight. Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dragonheart is awsome. I have it. I might see Eragon aswell. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Oh! I forgot to mention what I'll be wearing when I do go see it!!!

Look!!!

I Wuv Dwagons!!! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Woo hoo!! Saw it....Loved it...gonna see it again.

fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

I love Saphira, I love Saphira :cafinated: :cafinated: :cafinated:

Ok. As always there are changes from the book versus the movie. Its just a fact. I really liked this movie for what it is, and when out on DVD it deserves to be bought and having a place in my collection.

As for the reviews; They downgraded "Lady in the water" as well. That was another great great movie i have seen this year.

I,m thinking maybe seeing it again together with a dragon-loving friend. I know she is gonna love Saphira as well.

By the way, Figarou. Do you also Loooove Saphira?

Heres a link to Saphira pictures

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/556441528LcbPsO
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

I saw the movie lastnight and I loved it.
I give it 4 howls :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I saw Eragon last night, and while yes, it's a rip-off, and a poorly EDITED movie, I still liked it. I never read the book, so i'm not like those people online who are screaming bloody murder at how the film turned out

ROTTEN TOMATOES ripped the movie apart. So i was expecting it to be MUCH, MUCH worse than it was. I was pleasantly surprised and I really wonder where all the hostility is coming from ( mostly it appears ot be people who read the book and are upset at the changes But, movies and books are apples and ornages. They both taste sweet, but for different reasons.

And Saphira. What a cool dragon. Was I the only one thinking it was the cutest baby dragon ever put on film? And once full grown...and..I know this is wierd, but it was a SEXY dragon. ( I know, it sounds wierd, but she was ) In fact, I think I liked Saphira better than any of the human characters.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

eh, i dont hate the movie, havnt even seen it yet :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Agreed, the beginning is quite entertaining and the small dragon is cute indeed.
But after that... what the hell? Whole characters and (in my opinion) important plots
were left out.. just leaves this certain unsatisfied feeling like something is still missing.

When it comes to cinematic adaptions, which are based on a novel,
I think the less you know about it the more you enjoy the film.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Miragh wrote: When it comes to cinematic adaptions, which are based on a novel,
I think the less you know about it the more you enjoy the film.
I agree. I h have this problem with the Harry Potter series. But I may have to go see this movie just for the dragon; who is just very pretty. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Hollywood sucks a** and makes me want to projectile vomit all over the suits of those story murdering studio execs
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

Fang wrote:Hollywood sucks a** and makes me want to projectile vomit all over the suits of those story murdering studio execs
man you know who much you sounded like anibus right now?
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Saw it the other day. From all the awful reviews I've read beforehand, I was expecting it to be pure crap. But being the huge dragon fan that I am, I still went to see it with my sis. Not as bad as I was expecting really. I actualy enjoyed it. Saphira was the best character of course :D Great special effects.
I've had the Eragon book since before last Christmas actually; I still have yet to read it, lol. I need to do that soon.
I'm sure I would of not liked the movie as much if I had read it. Many fans of the book are pissed!
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

The little um sorceror guy in the movie was terrible. He was way too over the top like Dracula in Hellsing. It was also Dungeons and Dragons cheesy. The pacing was pretty bad too. Jeremy Irons is always cool however [spoiler] he does die and that is not cool [/spoiler]

Baby Saphira was indeed very cute and I too found her sexy but I am like that about dragons. She had very beautiful scales and I liked the idea of the fine mane and the feathers in her wings. Very nice and soft. I also liked her personality although she got a little preachy most of the time and her snarling and firebreathing was, once again, Dungeons and Dragons/Hellsing over the top. No need to be over dramatic and OH MY GOD! Speaking of which the dialogue in this movie was some of the worst I had ever seen. Very poorly written. "I suffer without my stone, do not prolong my suffering" and "are we one saphira?" or whatever Eragon says and she breathes fire and he's like "I'll take that as a yes." and also Saphira gives out a mighty roar as Jeremy Irons [spoiler] dies [/spoiler] for no reason? I don't know the dialogue was just horrifying.

The only saving grace for this movie, I felt, was the fact that Saphira was awesome, and beautiful and to be honest I didn't know it was a she to begin with much less that she could talk so that's always a plus. However, I think they are making more movies out of this so I'm not sure if this happens in the book but I'm worried Saphira might eventually be killed off and I think it would break my heart if that happened. I just hope they don't do that.

Oh yeah and [spoiler] what was with the growing up quickly in lighting thing? That didn't make any sense. she flies around a bit then grows up.[/spoiler] Eh?

-Neko
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I think the worst thing about this movie was the whole 'pretty looking people that can't act' issue, but that is hollywood for you.
theMoonlite
Legendary
Legendary

Post by theMoonlite »

nekocj wrote:The little um sorceror guy in the movie was terrible. He was way too over the top like Dracula in Hellsing. It was also Dungeons and Dragons cheesy. The pacing was pretty bad too. Jeremy Irons is always cool however [spoiler] he does die and that is not cool [/spoiler]

Baby Saphira was indeed very cute and I too found her sexy but I am like that about dragons. She had very beautiful scales and I liked the idea of the fine mane and the feathers in her wings. Very nice and soft. I also liked her personality although she got a little preachy most of the time and her snarling and firebreathing was, once again, Dungeons and Dragons/Hellsing over the top. No need to be over dramatic and OH MY GOD! Speaking of which the dialogue in this movie was some of the worst I had ever seen. Very poorly written. "I suffer without my stone, do not prolong my suffering" and "are we one saphira?" or whatever Eragon says and she breathes fire and he's like "I'll take that as a yes." and also Saphira gives out a mighty roar as Jeremy Irons [spoiler] dies [/spoiler] for no reason? I don't know the dialogue was just horrifying.

The only saving grace for this movie, I felt, was the fact that Saphira was awesome, and beautiful and to be honest I didn't know it was a she to begin with much less that she could talk so that's always a plus. However, I think they are making more movies out of this so I'm not sure if this happens in the book but I'm worried Saphira might eventually be killed off and I think it would break my heart if that happened. I just hope they don't do that.

Oh yeah and [spoiler] what was with the growing up quickly in lighting thing? That didn't make any sense. she flies around a bit then grows up.[/spoiler] Eh?

-Neko
OH MY GOD. I so agree with that. Though I'm one of the loonies that read the book, and I was a little dissapointed. The special effects for Saphira were...mindblowing. I want to intern for the Industrial Light & Magic, the people who worked on creating her. Their link is here:

http://www.ilm.com/

But the dialogue was horrible, I nearly gagged at Galbatorix's lines. He was one of the ones I hated the most. Where the hell was he even ruling at? Some random cave? It sure looked like that. Also, the movie script people left out immense parts of the movie that could've saved it. But...ugh. I'd see it again only for Saphira and Brom (I love Jeremy Irons).
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

I also noticed WETA's name in the credits though. Do you know what they did for the film Moonlite? I was trying to figure that out, they also showed up at the end of Van Hellsing and I was trying to figure out what they did in that as well.

I like ILM ok but sometimes they get a little careless with their physics and deformations and things don't move quite as realistically...like they try to hard I guess I should say.

You know I never read that book though. What are some of the key differences that pissed a lot of the book readers off? I have seen the cover though and I'm glad they didn't give Saphira cavern nostrils like on the cover of the book :lol:

-Neko
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I tend not to listen to critics. I saw it on my birthday and...well...

Compared to DragonHeart, Lord of the Rings and Reign of Fire, forget it, there's no contest. I won't say it rocked but I definitely didn't feel ripped off. I'd give it a C+, it was flawed but enjoyable.

And hey, Jeremy Irons riding a Friesian :)

Gripe: I definitely think John Malkovich was slumming as the evil king. He was wasted in that role. Give him some real lines and scenes in the next one, dammit!
ImageImageImageImage
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I saw the movie and then read both Eragon and Eldest. I don't really see how they are going to make a sequel with all the stuff they left out in the movie. I don't think they even mentioned the girl being an elf in the movie, but i might be mistaken. And the fight scene in the end of the movie...where did they pull that from? It was cool before i read the book, that's why i hate movies made from books, most times it just doesn't work.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.