Sin City

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Sin City

Post by Scott Gardener »

Imagine an art film that is so film noir that watching it is a risk factor for lung cancer, and so bloody that you'll leave feeling starving.

Sin City is definitely rated R for a reason, and it's not for the faint of heart. But it's beautifully done, capturing on film the surreal monochrome of the comic with astonishing accuracy. It's an amazing piece, with a collaboration that includes Frank Miller, the original artist, and Quintin Tarantino, the mastermind of Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill movies. In Tarantino fashion, the movie follows non-linear plot lines, and defies convention. It evicerates cliches as much as it does its characters; on the one hand, it takes film noir monologues and over-the-top action and exaggerates them beyond Hollywood standards into high art, and on the other hand breaks the mold of stock action characters and the one token love interest, flooding you with personalities that are both sympathetic and disturbing.

It's a masterpiece, but it's not for the faint of heart.

And, oh yes, there is a wolf in there somewhere.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

I saw that movie. It was very well done. One of the best movies I've seen so far.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.