The Matrix. Stolen??

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Matrix. Stolen??

Post by ABrownrigg »

Interesting. I had not seen any of this. But I've been doing my own checking, and it certainly looks legit. The papers are available if you look.

Seems the wykowski brothers are NOT the creators of the matrix, apparently, or at least according to court doccuments, STOLE the idea from a woman in new york after she had submitted an essay to them years earlier.

Facinating stuff

I of course plan on giving credit where credit is due.

News Article of Lawsuit Decison:
http://www.slccglobelink.com/news/2004/ ... her.Of.The
.Matrix.Victorious-785067.shtml

Copy of News Article with comments: http://www.hotghettomess.com/not.htm

Discussion of Lawsuit:
http://www.matrix-explained.com/php/viewforum.php?f=25

Photos of court documents and Sophia Stewart:
http://www.matrix-explained.com/photopo ... hp?cat=514

PDF files of court documents:
http://www.daghettotymz.com/matrix/matrix.html
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

What the......? ??

Unbelievable!!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

:o :o

Insane.

Heh, maybe thats why the sequels sucked. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Aki wrote::o :o

Insane.

What I want to know is....Where was Sophia Stewart when the 1st one was made? Why wait until now?
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

I had heard about this some time ago and it honestly didn't really suprise me. I know many disagreed with me, but, the Matrix never really felt all that "inspired," to me.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

She didn't wait until now. Its been in the works since the first film. Its just that no press would cover it. Its been under wrapps.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:She didn't wait until now. Its been in the works since the first film. Its just that no press would cover it. Its been under wrapps.
Ah, that makes sence.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

woah thats kool... damn theify peoples

Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

Would like to say this is suprising, but no.. it's not.
Aki wrote::o :o
Agreed!

The defense rests.
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

8) "it ends tonight...I can't act...Keyanu Reaves, that me.....I like yam and football....dude."

That person's pist because they screwed up the story with a total duffus as the main character. I feel bad for the writter....I'd hate to have one of MY stories that I wrote be stolen.

....That and I hate that guy. I refuse to spell his name right.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

i know i might get some neg responses for this, but i think it could just be a coincidence. both matrix and stewart's story are about the book of revelations, i knew that the first time i saw it when i was like ten in 2000. BOR has always been my favorite book of the bible because i think it's the only one we the people have a chance to be a part of. and from what i hear, the names weren't as similar as people said. i admire the movie, no matter who made it. i just think that it's stupid that in america, if your unhappy about anything, you can sue. like the women who sued mcdonald's because she said there coffee was too hot.

what this reminds me of is that, i think it was nintendo, sued microsoft and sony for "stealing the controller vibration technology". load of bull if you ask me. i think that ms stewart is taking the a little too far.

...well, i was about to say something about the terminator not being religous, but it just dawned on me. i didn't know that was the wachoski bros though. :?
PETER:are you going to eat that stapler?

GUY:you can't eat a stapl....

PETER:wanna split it?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

The Trial of Stubbe McPeter

Post by Scott Gardener »

I will admit that I don't know enough about the original story she wrote to know how much was taken from it, but it sounds as though her case was legitimate.

Believe me, as a doctor, I'm well aware of the problem of rampant lawsuits in the United States.

But, I do feel some clarifications are warranted.

On the McPayout:

The lady who sued McDonalds did not ask for the million dollar award she got; that was a kooky jury. She asked only to be reimbursed the $11,000 or so of medical bills she paid for third degree burns. And, while it is true that she set the coffee cup in her lap and started to drive off when it spilled, McDonalds had received numerous complaints, over and over, that their coffee was being served much hotter than the industry standard, and at times close to boiling point. Generally, if you spill freshly served coffee on yourself, even the whole cup, you shouldn't get third degree burns--that's against safety standards set by the industry, followed by every other restaurant. And, thankfully, on appeal, the million dollar award was reduced to something closer to what the plaintiff originally asked.

And, good news for McDonalds and the sanity of the world, the two cases brought against them by the fat people were both dismissed--indeed, thrown out.

Still, copyright nuts are out there, but so is idea-stealing. We all remember that White Wolf / Underworld fiasco. (Though I don't recall any werewolves in Werewolf: the Apocalypse having wall-crawling Gifts.)

And on a final note, since I've posted a link to my novel, and handed in person the Brownriggs a copy of the thing:

For the record, and you can print a copy of this page:

I swear I will not sue you or say you stole my ideas, unless the werewolves were genetically engineered by my crystalline CZ aliens and the lead characters are named Scott Gardener and Elodea Taylor. Everything else about the book is pretty much the same daydream that everybody else has, only much more obsessively edited.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...