Remember These?

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

MoonKit wrote:
Draca wrote:
How about the Pagemaster? Another movie that was slated to be huge, got some real talent working on it, and fizzled into history, forgotten?
Every time I go to Blockbuster I look in the "family" section and consider renting this movie because I thought it was pretty cool.
haha! I remember that Malaulay Culcon is the page master. The movie is about talking books. In fact, I had a dry spell in reading around that time that the PageMaster came out. I saw it...I didn't read anything for a long time....And my grades slipped because of it. Not to say that it wasn't a decent movie, but it just happened that way.
So, if you want to watch that movie go ahead, but don't say I didn't warn you, just in case.

You know, there is a movie that I remember. "Little Nemo" It's about a kid that falls asleep and goes to Slumberland when he dreams. He meets a chain smoking clown, a princess and a King that dances while while wearing a mini skirt. It was a decent animated flick. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69637mM5-vM
My favorite quote from the movie is, "Pajama! Pajama! Pajama PAJAMA!"
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Dude, I loved that movie. I want a flying squirrel too! :D
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Avareis »

Terastas wrote:Dude, I loved that movie. I want a flying squirrel too! :D
Hey, I think everyone wants a flying squirrel! hwlwnk
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Don Bluth's films weren't "dark" They just LOOKED dark because of the moody backgrounds. Secret of NIMH was his only "dark" film. Otherwise, why would he have bright colorful musical numbers that make no sense...that certainly isn't "dark"

The man has lost his mind, but then again, what would you expect from a man who only follows the MORMON tenants ( yes, that's a bash against mormonism with no apologies for it. Yes, mormonism is a cult. but then, so are ALL religions.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Plenty of Bluth's films had some darker elements. Secret of Nimh was just the only one that never had any sugarcoated cuteness or out of place song and dance on top of the darker elements. All Dogs Go To Heaven is the first cartoon I can remember featuring a protagonist that is actually killed, and not only that, rejects Heaven and faces condemnation. That's pretty heavy by any standards if you ask me. . .

:pissedoff: But that furshlugginer song and dance of his! OK Charlie, you've just had a vision of your impending fate in the depths of Hell. Now lets sing the friendship song!

So. . . Yeah, it's not that Secret of Nimh wasn't his only good work. Just the only work he didn't wind up screwing up somehow.

And Matt, lay off the unprovoked religion bashing. The Pack doesn't need any more conflict than it has already.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Avareis »

Yes, let's just stick to discriminating singing alligators and any rooster with a phallus on top of their heads.

There are a lot of movies that are missing from memory. Take the Great Mouse Detective or even Thumbellina. They were so insignificant I had to google a few of the movies that we discussed to suddenly recall them.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

MattSullivan wrote:Don Bluth's films weren't "dark" They just LOOKED dark because of the moody backgrounds. Secret of NIMH was his only "dark" film. Otherwise, why would he have bright colorful musical numbers that make no sense...that certainly isn't "dark"

The man has lost his mind, but then again, what would you expect from a man who only follows the MORMON tenants ( yes, that's a bash against mormonism with no apologies for it. Yes, mormonism is a cult. but then, so are ALL religions.
So he's crazy: he makes good movies. In the Film industry, sanity is a negociable item, most of the time, anyway.
NIMH...National Institutes for Mental Health... :lol: and Bluth's crackers?
Acidly sarcastic, perhaps- but then I lo-o-ove Ambrose Bierce!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...