Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Post by IndianaJones »

I can't wait for this new Indy movie to come out! I have been waiting for a 4th sequel for a long time.

The plot is about an older Indy that is looking for the legendary Crystal Skull and it's kingdom. The story takes place in 1957, where WWII is over and the Nazis were gone. Now the Soviet Union has an interest of looking for the Crystal for it's extraordinary powers. Indy, Marion, and his new friends will work together to find the Crystal Skull and stop the Soviets.

I have the main website in my signature, it updates frequently, so it's best to check it out once in a while.

Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr is born on July 1st, 1899. Indy must be 56 years old in the movie where as Harrison Ford is 66 years old in real life? Funny huh? Indy looks almost the same, expect that he has some white hair. Harrison Ford uses some make up to make Indy look a bit younger. Oh man, it almost 19 years from the last flim (Last Crusade). I bet it is going to be great or disappointing.

Well, the title itself is okay. I expect it to be epic.

Links:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808404510/info
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

The first ones were OK. I think Im going to be dragged to see it b/c of my mate. Well, at least there arent Nazis in this one! :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

You're calling RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK "okay"??????????????????????
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

The Indianan Jones movies fall under the classical action movies just like the Die Hard movies. I am most definitely watching this movie.
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade were great, but Temple of Doom sucked imo.

Hope this one doesn't suck :S

Hopefully the communists will be as evil as the nazi's :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

OMG, is that room with all the boxes the same place where the Ark was kept at the end of the first movie!?

Hopefully the "new" guy won't take away to many scenes from Indy.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

Oh yeah!!! Just 2 more days for the movie to be released in theaters. I can't watch it on midnight, though. Because I might be busy on May 21. The new trailers looks awesome and the new characters are interesting. The only returning characters is of course, Indy and Marion, thats it. Oh, I can't wait. Indy Fans unite!!

Sorry guys and gals. No werewolves in this new Indiana Jones movie, only Soviets, Mayan natives, Aliens, and the Crystal Skull.

"Tourists, why it had to be tourists."

Order your online tickets today! :)

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

if i get the chance I'll try to see it, soviets and Nazis are the staple bad guys and Indiana Jones always pull them off well
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Excuse me if I'm behind on this information here:

Is Harrison Ford still playing Indy? Or a new actor?
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IndianaJones »

Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. is still played by the famous Harrison Ford!

Not some new unknown or replacement actor. :P

Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Going in eighteen hours. :D
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

I bet our Indy fan is counting every hour :P . I think I'm going this Friday ^^
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Saw it at midnight. It was pretty good...definatly funny. But what was with the *ahem* interdemensional beings? Kinda seemed out of place.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I saw it this afternoon, I highly enjoyed this film, I did not find them too out of placed based on the type of stories the films had in the past, so it is not too far fetched.
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Awesome movie, saw it an hour ago.

[spoiler]- The ark from the first movie in a broken crate
- Indy having a rough period because both Marcus and his Father died[/spoiler]

The communists were good villains, but they can never beat the nazi's from the previous films ion evilness.

[spoiler]The ending kinda reminded me from the Mummy Returns, everything being sucked inside, leaving nothing behind.[/spoiler]

I hope they make an Indiana Jones 5!!!
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

MoonKit wrote:Saw it at midnight. It was pretty good...definatly funny. But what was with the *ahem* interdemensional beings? Kinda seemed out of place.
I hated the ..... you know what's.... and I kept telling my self .... no no they're not serious.... but they were.... and i was disipointed with the movie. the begining was amazing... but after that.... I can't say I enjoyed it.....especially knowing that shia labuff is his you know what.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IndianaJones »

I was kind of disappointed with the movie. The plot and the dialog is okay, the actors and actresses are talented and funny. But some parts of the film reminds you of the old Indy movies. Most of the scenes dragged on, like the Inca warriors and the Cemetery Warriors have a pretty short scene and they get killed off too early by the Soviets. The portrayal of the communists ain't that good, they suck. The Nazis are better than them all the way. The one scene with Shia Labouf swings across the jungle with his fellow random monkeys that help him for reason. The Soviet Jungle Cutter vehicle gets destroyed very fast leaving no point why it is used in the first place, sure it may be useful for cutting through the trees and foliage, but the screen time is like only 5 minutes and it's 1:6 scale toy is released, I would buy it. Because it looks cool thats it. The aliens involvement with the Crystal Skull can be true, but the skull origins is not true to the real. Hello, Lucas. Remember the Tokyo Disneysea Indiana Jones Adventure ride? The story and the Crystal Skull is better and true to the Mayans and the real one. The inter dimensional beings is interesting, but why aliens? Freaking Lucas ruined the screenplay when David Koepp wrote it. Because he wanted to edited and put some of his style in it. Which ruined some scenes for the movie. The random CGI prairie dogs are just like the squeaking battle droids in Episode III. Too many use of well done CGI in most scenes. Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is good, but he could a lot more. Since he is old, he can still kick a**. The first part of the movie is great and the middle as well. The storyline should improve, I am disappointed at that. The Russians just keep on dying and they don't have much dialogue and exception of Irina Spalko's performance as the villainess. The ending is like the Mummy Returns, including some of the scenes like the fire ants that swarm over the Russians and killed them. The climax of the film, where Mac steals Mayan Treasure in the temple and Indy tries to save him with the whip, before getting suck into the dimensional portal.

Overall, I give the movie a straight B

Edit: I enjoyed Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, unlike some people who gave it harsh and negative opinion and reviews, false Indy fans....
Last edited by IndianaJones on Tue May 27, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Yeah, its pretty much "National Treasure" crossed with "The Mummy" with a little dash of alien thrown in.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

From a purely entertainment perspective, I really had a good time.

Fact is that plots and gags (effects) get re-used frequently; but the movie itself is quite entertaining. I may not watch it again, but it was fun the first time; and that's what counts with me.

What is does do is neatly encapsulates Indiana Jones as a series, like Star Wars and Star Trek. We have a start, a middle, and an ending that IS an ending.

Plus, I liked the music; enough to buy the sound track after the film.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Wasn't that bad actually... The part where Shia Lebuf hands him the snake was hilarious... I had a good time too. Plus, i liked how they ended it, before the wedding... oh crap shouldn't have typed that... oh well... where missus disector gets it. Yu could tell mister alien was pissed... I liked it overall.

To tell you the truth, i didn't really think i'd like it. I'm more sci-fi than adventure, but it turned out it was both. Yeah, i don't get the monkey thing either... guess the aliens scent them to help? The ants didn't like the skull... oh god, i remember the scene where the guy gets dragged into the ant hill. :shudder: I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

It was an ending to the series... also heard rumors abotu a spin off with Shia...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Bit of a sloppy movie, but not as bad as the uber-critics make it seem. My favorite scene was the Siafu ( killer ants ) and the fight between Indy and the big Russian. ( Gotta have a big ol fight in every Indy movie and that was a good un )

And a lot of people have complained they thought the snake scene was cheesy, but in the theater I went to it's the only scene that got a rise out of the audience.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

MattSullivan wrote: And a lot of people have complained they thought the snake scene was cheesy, but in the theater I went to it's the only scene that got a rise out of the audience.
Yeah. That part was pretty funny. 8)
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

well, at least we now know where to go during a nuclear blast. :lol:
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Spoilers Within

Post by vrikasatma »

I saw it on Memorial Day with a couple friends. I rather enjoyed it, but the opening scene of kids racing the caravan to classic '50s rock kind of threw me. Sure, it was 1957, but it kind of started things off on a weird note.

In the main, though, I liked it. There was more character development and the casting of Shia LeBoeuf was a stroke of genius.

As far as the...interdimensional beings in the Yucatan plot hook...[shrug] That's the kind of "sense of wonder" zeitgeist that was going on during the '50s. Pretty much everything else was cast aside and repressed as foolishness during the '50s and '60s. WWII and the Holocaust had ripped everyone's dreams to shreds so human mythology was reinventing itself. And conspiracy theory was the form it took.

After the movie, my friends and I discussed what they might do for Indy 6 (yes, there's going to be two more). I suggested taking it forward to 1970, where Indy has his last adventure. Mud will be grown up...and father and son go to Viet Nam/Cambodia, and go up against the Khmer Rouge against the backdrop of Angkor Wat. No, of course they won't get Pol Pot, but it would be great to see some Khmer Rouge thug dying in a spectacularly hideous and painful way. And that's a rarely-explored modern atrocity in films anyway. Angkor Wat is a Shiva temple complex and Indy's had some traffic with Shiva before (Temple of Doom).

For Indy 7...late '80s/early '90s, Indiana's dead, Mud takes over, and is in Iraq during the Gulf War. He's exploring Babylon for relics of Balshezzar, Nebuchadnezzar, Marduk or Tiamat, and goes toe-to-toe with the Baathists. Again...can't take out Saddam, Uday or Qusai, but some monster in service to the regime getting fed to the starving lions! :x :lol: