Cloverfield Yeah awesome movie!!!!!!!!

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Actually, cell phones do occasionally work in the subway here in New York nowadays... Usually not when you are in the tunnels, but you have a chance in the stations, as it was in the movie...
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

My friend said this movie, Cloverfield was a waste of money/time for him. Because the cost of the movie admission price is $12.50 plus tax and it was pretty short, like only 76 minutes. In the good old days, movie tickets cost less than today's. Like $5.00 to $10.00
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Still considering seeing this in the theater, six dollars or seven, then again, it will be on DVD in two months.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I never paid more than $8.50 here. And I saw it a couple times in the bargain cinema.

The problem now is deciding which release version to get! I wound up getting it from Fred Meyer's, because it was the least expensive (yeah...no discretionary income...). But I'd like to get the Best Buy version, or maybe the metal case one.
Alias
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: The Mysterious One

Post by Alias »

vrikasatma wrote:The problem now is deciding which release version to get! I wound up getting it from Fred Meyer's, because it was the least expensive (yeah...no discretionary income...). But I'd like to get the Best Buy version, or maybe the metal case one.
I purchased mine from Blockbuster a couple of months back (I know not the best of deals....oh well...); it just came with the special features, updated info, etc.

I thought the movie was pretty good; it went a little slow at some parts, and was somewhat predictable. Other than that, it was good....met my expectations.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I waited until the DVD release, it was a bit short, and I tend to prefer everything working out in the end, it only half way did, it was still an entertaining film.
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf

Re: Cloverfield Yeah awesome movie!!!!!!!!

Post by John Wolf »

What is it some giant squid. :?
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Cloverfield Yeah awesome movie!!!!!!!!

Post by Konietzko »

John Wolf wrote:What is it some giant squid. :?

That's really the point, I think, that makes this movie interesting to me, in that...it's never really explained in the movie what this monster is, where it came from...it's not even given a name, which is so very unlike any of the old Japanese monster movies that it's obviously designed in the spirit of. You never see it show up, either. Just all of a sudden, the monster's just like "Grar! Hi guy, what's goin' on hurr!?", and throwing Lady Liberty's decapitated head around. It's really presented with as little information as can be given, because the director wanted realism attached to it, saying that "If a giant monster ever attacked New York city, what are the chances that we'd know ANYTHING about it? Where it came from, what it wanted....any of that?"

I liked that about it the most, I think, to be perfectly honest. It sort of reminded me of George Romero's "Dead" series, wherein, IIRC, it's never really explained where the zombies came from. Just, all of a sudden, they're there, chewing on people's head.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."