the perfect 80's enging

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

the perfect 80's enging

Post by Mitternacht »

ah, the memories. here is how to NOT end freeborn *chuckles*

http://www.crossfilms.com/films/eightiesending.html

-MItty
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:lol: Its funny cause its true :lol:

If Freeborn ended like that, I think I will weep uncontrolably and certinaly not from joy :cry: :P
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think that's not just how all the movies in the 80s ended, but how the 80s themselves ended. When Reagan left office, we could hear Huey Lewis and the News playing.

The spookiest thing about the 80s, however, would have to be Max Headroom. His occasional speech impediments were a perfect premonition of bandwidth problems in a digital age that was just ahead.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

lol :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:The spookiest thing about the 80s, however, would have to be Max Headroom. His occasional speech impediments were a perfect premonition of bandwidth problems in a digital age that was just ahead.
LOL. Yup. I've always thought there was something terribly wrong with the Reagan administration. First you had a monkey's sidekick, then you had the guy that we originally just kept around in case the monkey's sidekick died, and now we've got the son of the guy that we originally just kept around in case the monkey's sidekick died. The only one that could continue said pattern of replacing one embarrasment with another would be John Ashcroft in 2008, the only politician in history to lose an election to a dead man.

I was only eight years old when Bush Sr. lost the election to Clinton, and even I knew enough to point at the TV and laugh. :lol: