Ice Age 3

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Ice Age 3

Post by Figarou »

Ice Age 2 wasn't that great.

Maybe Ice Age 3 will be better.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/iceag ... dinosaurs/

Thing is....you gotta wait over a year to see it. :blink:
Black Claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Hidden Archer
Mood: Excited

Post by Black Claw »

I don't know, usually the originals are the best, but you never know, they may actually do a good job of it. :howl:  :oo
I am the guardian of the light and darkness,
I am the one who whispers in the dark,
I am the eyes of your soul,
I am the shield,
I am the sword.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Uhhh... Doesn't somebody have things a little backwards? Dinosaurs weren't even history any more when the Ice Age crew started doing things.

Or are we looking at the "Hey, we just got un-frozen! Let's go out for a beer!" type of Dinosaurs?

Something's gone pear-shaped here...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'm guessing its a "lost world." You know, kinda like that island in "King Kong."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:I'm guessing its a "lost world." You know, kinda like that island in "King Kong."
*nods* Or Dinotopia. The setting is still prehistory, so they theoretically could get away with some creative licensing, maybe imply that the events of IA3 were the actual extinction instead of the written records (cept I'm willing to bet there will be at least one dinosaur that'll walk away with the protagonists as the last of his/her kind or whatever). I'm sure they'll come up with some excuse for how they survived the cataclysm as opposed to just throwing dinosaurs in and expecting everyone to accept it. They already did sort of hint at their "lost world" explanation in the trailer already.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Glad Im not the only one who noticed it because there were humans in the first one. And dinosaurs were way before humans. I guess I can see them doing a "lost world" but it's called "DAWN of the dinosaurs" so I dont know.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

*shrugs* We also recently had a movie called "DAWN of the Dead."

In a movie context, 'dawn' doesn't always have to mean 'birth' or 'beginning.' Sometimes it can mean 'return' or 'reawakening.'
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Didn't we see that dino, frozen solid in the first one? :blink:
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Yeah. Frozen Dino>unfrozen=dino slush. Freezing destroys cells, that's why nobody is trying to revive all those corpsicles in nitrogen. They'd be dead ( still) and slushy, all in one!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:Yeah. Frozen Dino>unfrozen=dino slush. Freezing destroys cells, that's why nobody is trying to revive all those corpsicles in nitrogen. They'd be dead ( still) and slushy, all in one!
Dinoslushies?
(sounds like something Diego might like...)
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

RedEye wrote:Yeah. Frozen Dino>unfrozen=dino slush. Freezing destroys cells, that's why nobody is trying to revive all those corpsicles in nitrogen. They'd be dead ( still) and slushy, all in one!
Poor Walt.
XIV
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

Yeah, freezing causes the water int he cells to crystalize, which destroyes the cell walls as they expand. The only way you could freeze something and then basicly revive it would be if you dehydrated it somehow first, then froze it. Dehydration though has it's own negative effects on the cells of a body.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Um, guys?

It's a cartoon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Set wrote:Um, guys?

It's a cartoon.
Bah! No excuse! :lol:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

We saw the standie in the theatre a month ago. My friends and I stood there, glaring at it, and eventually summed it up as "The Ice Age franchise is catering to the bloody Creation Museum." :x

Sorry, but having mastodons and Ty Rexes running around a movie together is too silly at best, and acknowledging Creationism at worst. The Flintstones can get away with it because back in the '60s, most people didn't know any better. Now we do and we continue to be bliss-ninnies about it.
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Re: Ice Age 3

Post by Jessie-Simone »

This will be a great movie.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Re:

Post by Terastas »

vrikasatma wrote:We saw the standie in the theatre a month ago. My friends and I stood there, glaring at it, and eventually summed it up as "The Ice Age franchise is catering to the bloody Creation Museum." :x

Sorry, but having mastodons and Ty Rexes running around a movie together is too silly at best, and acknowledging Creationism at worst. The Flintstones can get away with it because back in the '60s, most people didn't know any better. Now we do and we continue to be bliss-ninnies about it.
I think you might be breathing too much into this.

For one thing, the first two never had any mention of dinosaurs except for the frozen remains of one, and the introduction of the dinosaurs clearly plays on a "lost world" theme, which is a common theme in fiction (King Kong, The Land That Time Forgot, Dinotopia, etc).

And secondly, it's a cartoon. Yes, dinosaurs and humans never walked the Earth together, but sabertooth tigers, giant sloths and woolly mammoths never spoke English and hung out together either. :grinp:

So while I do question the intent of this movie, I seriously doubt it's origins lie in creationist propaganda, and I seriously pity the creationists that will be dumb enough to point to this movie as a reference.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Re:

Post by MoonKit »

Spiritbw wrote:
Yeah, freezing causes the water int he cells to crystalize, which destroyes the cell walls as they expand. The only way you could freeze something and then basicly revive it would be if you dehydrated it somehow first, then froze it. Dehydration though has it's own negative effects on the cells of a body.
It's surprising how many people actually believe that if you unfreeze something frozen alive that it will come back to life. *shakes head* I work in a pet store that sells frozen mice for snakes to eat and you'd be surprised how many times Ive been asked that question by teens or preteens.

One of my coworkers also believed that when you cloned someone, you ended up with an exact match standing right next to the person. Like when cells split. *facepalm*

Might see the movie though. :D
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

But wait, didn't the fish in the second movie unfreeze? 'Cause Manny walk away riiiight before the ice block turned and showed the fish and it's eye moved... :? So they've actually already done the whole unfreeze=come back to life thing.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Just a cartoon folks.

JUST.....A.....CARTOON :}
Silveera-Ice
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silveera-Ice »

The other 2 films were fun, not so sure about this new one though...
Avatar used is a work from Khaos dog. http://khaosdog.deviantart.com/
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Irish Wolf wrote:But wait, didn't the fish in the second movie unfreeze? 'Cause Manny walk away riiiight before the ice block turned and showed the fish and it's eye moved... :? So they've actually already done the whole unfreeze=come back to life thing.
They did it at the end of the first movie too. They closed it with Scrat frozen in a block of ice and melting out of it on a tropical island thousands of years later.

So yes, it is a cartoon. And as a rule of thumb, cartoon characters are always more durable than their real life counterparts.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Silveera-Ice, your signature is making my brain hurt.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I did enjoy this a lot more then the second Ice Age, so the first and third were better then the second.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Xiroteus wrote:I did enjoy this a lot more then the second Ice Age, so the first and third were better then the second.
Thing is that you need to see the second to understand the continuity.

Spill.com tried to do a review of it, but the only guy that actually went to watch it hadn't freakin' seen the second one so he had no idea where Queen Latifa and the two possums had come from. That was the first review they ever did where I felt like they'd failed miserably.