Ice Age 3

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Re: Ice Age 3

Post by Xiroteus »

That is completely true, without the second all that would have come out of thin air.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I saw it last week. I have to admit, I enjoyed it even though I didn't expect that much from it. Ice Age is also the only series I can think about where I like the first part the least personally.

One thing that surprised me in Ice Age 3 though was that the amount of sex-jokes was kinda high for a family-movie.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Morkulv wrote:One thing that surprised me in Ice Age 3 though was that the amount of sex-jokes was kinda high for a family-movie.
That did surprise me a bit as well.
full-moon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by full-moon »

ice age 1 was the best, all the rest pretty boring :(
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I saw this movie a while back with my friends. I thought it was pretty funny. They even had a gay joke in there, which I thought was great, considering it's a family film. To me that's a sign that we as a society are moving forward.
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Better than the first and second! :D

CJ
come visit me at http://www.cj3d.net
----------------------------------------------
"Fantasy is a natural human activity. It certainly does not destroy or even insult Reason; and it does not either blunt the appetite for, nor obscure the perception of, scientific verity."

J.R.R Tolkien
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:One thing that surprised me in Ice Age 3 though was that the amount of sex-jokes was kinda high for a family-movie.
Renorei wrote:They even had a gay joke in there, which I thought was great, considering it's a family film. To me that's a sign that we as a society are moving forward.
There's two things that I think CGI movie makers (or at least FOX and Dreamworks) have realized:

1) Parents are watching the movies too and they appreciate jokes that they think only they understand.

2) Kids in general are smarter than their parents give them credit for, so they understand the "adults only" jokes just as well as their parents do and respect movies that don't treat them as if they shouldn't.

I remember when I took Sex-Ed in high school, the teacher told us about how he and some of his students were acting as ambassadors to some 3rd and 4th graders -- the kids were asking them really soft questions at first, then one of them got the bright idea to ask all the teachers to leave the room. He said that they wrote down all the questions they had asked after he left the room and they were stuff the likes of which I'm sometimes asked of by trollers at my furry hangouts. :P Kids are smart -- they're just too accustomed to being treated like they're dumb.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I don't think kids aren't gonna get it, its just a little weird is all.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.