Hellboy 2

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Hellboy 2

Post by Figarou »

Here is some interesting info about Hellboy 2

http://www.killermovies.com/h/hellboy2/ ... /5293.html
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

A nightmare come true......
I dont understand why thier making a sequel, the first one ws terrible.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Actually I thought the first film was one of the better Comic-book to movie adaptations around. I hear that some people felt it was, too blatently Christian themed or whatnot but, I'm quite big on that stuff so it worked well in my view.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

WolvenOne wrote:Actually I thought the first film was one of the better Comic-book to movie adaptations around. I hear that some people felt it was, too blatently Christian themed or whatnot but, I'm quite big on that stuff so it worked well in my view.
the punisher was on of the best comic movies
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Never saw it, personally I never thought the Punisher was that interesting of a character, so it just held no appeal to me.

Besides that's really not a fair comparison, Punisher is, semi-realistic non-scifi or fantasy style action, whilst Hellboy is a fantasy/sci-fi style popcorn flick. It's apples and oranges, the comics the movies were based on simply are too dis-similer to expect a direct comparison.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

WolvenOne wrote:Never saw it, personally I never thought the Punisher was that interesting of a character, so it just held no appeal to me.

Besides that's really not a fair comparison, Punisher is, semi-realistic non-scifi or fantasy style action, whilst Hellboy is a fantasy/sci-fi style popcorn flick. It's apples and oranges, the comics the movies were based on simply are too dis-similer to expect a direct comparison.
ok then, Spiderman 2. but regardless, there probaly gonna lose money, the first one did bad at the box office and on dvd. and theres a good reason for it.
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Hellboy grossed 59Million in the American Box Office within 2 weeks and if I remember correctly it had a strong showing in the international scene as well. Look I know you don't like the movie but it did well and critically was very well liked. There's a reason why the movie studio behind it green-lighted a sequal within a week of it hitting the theatres.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

And just to back up my statement that the film was critically well recieved, I have the score it got off Rotten Tomatoes, which compiles ALL profesional movie reviews.

Hellboy recieved a 79% Fresh Rating, Batman Begins got 83%, Spiderman got 89%. Now Hellboy certainly wasn't the biggest critical success out there but on the scale of things that's still a darn good score.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

you know why it got 59 million dollars at the first 2 weeks, cause alot of people went to see it and had high hopes, but a majority of them came out disapointed, plus the last boss scene ended to quickly.
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Ugh, okay, look "YOU" don't like the film, that's fine, everybody has thier own sense of taste. However, by all accounts the film did well, and I know plenty of people who absolutely loved the film. Not everybody did of course, but everybodies taste is different so that's fine.

I'm sorry to get a little cross here but I get annoyed when people presume to A: Speak for the masses, or B: Make blanket statments about the quality of, well, anything. Unfortunetly you're doing both here so I apoligize if I'm having a hard time hiding my annoyence.

Anyhow, saying that "most of the money was made within the first few weeks," is a poor argument. Most movies now make the vast majority of thier gross within the first 2 weeks now, afterward, they tend to completly drop off the radar. Occasionally there are films that'll last significantly longer then that, however it's growing increasingly rare.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

WolvenOne wrote: Most movies now make the vast majority of thier gross within the first 2 weeks now, afterward, they tend to completly drop off the radar. Occasionally there are films that'll last significantly longer then that, however it's growing increasingly rare.
It's not even that anymore. Most of the movies right now are making most of their money in the opening weekend.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

I attribute this to the fact that the amount of people going to movies is shrinking "but" those still going to movies tend to be very reguler customers. They head to the theatre once a week, watch whatever opening film catches thier eye, then forget about the rest of the films that oppened that week unless there's nothing better opening the following week.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

WolvenOne wrote:Ugh, okay, look "YOU" don't like the film, that's fine, everybody has thier own sense of taste. However, by all accounts the film did well, and I know plenty of people who absolutely loved the film. Not everybody did of course, but everybodies taste is different so that's fine.

I'm sorry to get a little cross here but I get annoyed when people presume to A: Speak for the masses, or B: Make blanket statments about the quality of, well, anything. Unfortunetly you're doing both here so I apoligize if I'm having a hard time hiding my annoyence.

Anyhow, saying that "most of the money was made within the first few weeks," is a poor argument. Most movies now make the vast majority of thier gross within the first 2 weeks now, afterward, they tend to completly drop off the radar. Occasionally there are films that'll last significantly longer then that, however it's growing increasingly rare.
well im sorry i had to show my anger wolvenone, to be honest I didnt hate the film, I was just disapointed, especialy that last fight sene, it only lasted a minute and a half. :(
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
WolvenOne wrote: Most movies now make the vast majority of thier gross within the first 2 weeks now, afterward, they tend to completly drop off the radar. Occasionally there are films that'll last significantly longer then that, however it's growing increasingly rare.
It's not even that anymore. Most of the movies right now are making most of their money in the opening weekend.
the reason why movies arent as making much money right now is because their usually coming out with some crappy ones, we need more directors like steven spilberg. As hollywood continues to make movies that dont meat to the people expectation, they will eventually lose money.
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Ugh, you're being kinda cynical here I think.

As for the last fight scene... if it were live action and simple speciel effects I would agree, but that scene was very heavy CG and was probably by far the most expensive scene in the film. Yeah they could've made it longer but that would've required a larger budget, and from what I've read, this wasn't a film with a "TERRIBLY," large budget... at least in comparison with similer movies.

Besides, the main character was wrestling with a mass of giant squid tentecles. You really couldn't have made that go much longer without it getting boring....

I mean.... "Grab wriggle crush, grab punch wriggle, wriggle wriggle grab," there's not exactly a ton of room for varience in action there.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

a minute or 2 in that scene is all i would have saked for,h ecan try to put several slugs into it before exploding it.
Image Image
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

i to was dissapointed by the movie. i liked the characters(except that blue fire girl), and the story was intresting. but the monsters werent any cool if you ask me. however i kinda liked that mummy/zombie nazi.

i give the movie 6 out of 10.

if they make better villians, then mabe the sequeal will be great.(like with spider-man)
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

people give the movie directors a break here, all of you :D

because really, I would like to see any of you do better :lol:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Yeah, people DO need to give movie makers a break. It's easy to criticize, but when put in thier positions most people wouldn't have the first clue how to direct a movie.

So my rule is, to always pretend the person who made the movie is right in front of you. It's a heck a lot more easy to remain respectable, even when talking about films you don't like, if you're forcing yourself to remember that real people are involved.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Yeah, people DO need to give movie makers a break. It's easy to criticize, but when put in thier positions most people wouldn't have the first clue how to direct a movie.

So my rule is, to always pretend the person who made the movie is right in front of you. It's a heck a lot more easy to remain respectable, even when talking about films you don't like, if you're forcing yourself to remember that real people are involved.

Movie makers doesn't know whats on the people's mind. The only way to find out what the people want in a film is to ask them.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Figarou wrote:
WolvenOne wrote:Yeah, people DO need to give movie makers a break. It's easy to criticize, but when put in thier positions most people wouldn't have the first clue how to direct a movie.

Movie makers doesn't know whats on the people's mind. The only way to find out what the people want in a film is to ask them.
thats true but I bet even abrownrigg will have trouble directing this film, but ill just be quite now :lol: