Real Werewolves, are they out there.

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

Do you think werewolves exist?

Yes
56%
No
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
18%

Total votes: 312

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Midnight wrote:
wolf4life wrote:YOU DONT BELIEVE IN WEREWOLVES!
Neither do I. Sorry about that, Tinkerbell.
:lol: That was really funny for some reason, I burst out laughing. :lol:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

Wow, I gotta get out more.

I believe in spiritual, emotional, totem, metaphysical, etc werewolves.

I really really really really wish there were werewolves as we envision them...not the crazed beasts.
That's not to say they don't exist - and I've seen a few things in my life that deny the realities I've been taught. Stranger things in Heaven and earth.

But.... I'd have to see a werewolve to believe they exsit.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

why does everyone think you have to see to belive?
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

To put it bluntly: I have been lied to too many times to take anything as fact just on this sort of claim, let alone something that folds, spindles and mutilates the laws of science to the extent that shape-shifting does. (And I feel the same way about other claims, such as all religion, so don't think I'm singling werewolves out. I'm not going to go into the gory details, though).

Werewolves are awesome creatures, but (unfortunately) they are awesome fictional creatures. This world would be a much more interesting place if they did exist - but they don't. So we have to make do with legends, and what stories we ourselves can create.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Silver wrote: I really really really really wish there were werewolves as we envision them...not the crazed beasts.
The Goldenwolfen ones? You can forget about that.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

wolf4life wrote:
I vote yes because everything can exist. Nothing is impossible and also I DONT LIKE SCIENCE! ITS A LOAD OF BALONEY ON ALOT OF ITS THEORIES! They say that werewolves can and will never exist because of the impossible way of people changing their bodies to wolves.

Well that doesnt seem true at all. If we infact had a surgery where they mixed our molecules, changed muscle tissues, etc. They could fix us to a wolf form. Sure....its not like they would ever want to or could right now. But who knows in the next hundred years.

:shift: rvt
If you get very ill, would you still despice science? Because science made medicines and various treatments against diseases possible. Agreed; I'm also not a believer of the evolution-theory (although I do believe in a form of evolution), but science also opened a lot of usefull doors for us.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

oh....go away
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Well. I suppose i do believe in them. As for the description of a ww I'm believing in, I'm not sure.

I of course know of the "emotional/spiritual/totem" etc. ww's, but I'm not sure if I readily believe that the "traditional, physical shapeshifter" is true. So I stand somewhere in between. But I voted 'yes' because wherever my stand about it is, I believe in werewolves in *some* form.
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

wolf4life wrote:oh....go away
:roll:
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

hehe

fullmoonmaster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fullmoonmaster »

well i gotta be honest....i think the best answer anybody can give is not sure..i mean you can not prove whether they do or do not exist....all i will say is there are things in this world for which science cannot explain
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

true.......i think your basically saying anything is possible...until proven against it

By the way cool new avatar

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

fullmoonmaster wrote:well i gotta be honest....i think the best answer anybody can give is not sure..i mean you can not prove whether they do or do not exist....all i will say is there are things in this world for which science cannot explain
I've seen this argument a lot, but no one ever gives an example. Another thing is that it's more than not being explainable by science, it's scientifically impossible.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

science science science....

*bangs head against wall*

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:lol: How quickly people forget that when you work with things at the quantum level the usual rules no longer apply. Science is far from perfect, but it is perhaps the best thing we have to explain how things work.
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

how things work...why they were there...what things happen in the past and what could happen in the future yadda yadda yadda...

Im sorry but science just bugs me and I know people disagree and then we get talking into it...and we have done that before whatever yadda yadda yadda

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

If I remember correctly, your reasoning for disliking science is at least partially because of religion. I can understand part of that, but shunning science completely seems odd. I personally think that for a religious person science should be considered an explanation for how god does what he does. That's just my personal opinion, though.

I'll let this be my last post on the subject, since it's off-topic and you already said you don't want to get into that again.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf4life »

very true...but that was only part of it and i dont want to get scolded or nothing again so....

yea

Swiftpaw Fatfox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Fat Foxxy :)

Post by Swiftpaw Fatfox »

well I do beleave that werewolves exist, but I think most of the shapeshifting is maybe improbbable, atleast with out magic. There are many stories of humanoid wolf like creatures and since the word were simply means man it doesn't automaticly suggest shapeshifting
A fat canine is a happy canine :)
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

when you look at the name its werewolf were being archaic for man therefore werewolf = manwolf so I do believe in werewolves but not shifting werewolves my theory is about humanoid wolves
Proud member of The Pack
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

I went for undecided because somethings are better left unknown.
As they say "some secrets are better to be left".
:shift:
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

Moonwatcher wrote:I went for undecided because somethings are better left unknown.
As they say "some secrets are better to be left".
:shift:
but its in mans nature to search for answers
Proud member of The Pack
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

You create your own reality and beliefs.

Do werewolves exist? Seek it out.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

well there not a enough proof that they do exist or they don't.
there like aliens, too many people who saw a ufo to pass as false but not enough to make it true.
im on the fence with this one. ??
ImageImage
Riddle
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: A fox is a wolf who sends flowers

Post by Riddle »

I voted no.
Now for my short and very rough two cents:

In my opinion, I really don't think that werewolves will ever exist. And when I say werewolves, I mean people who can shift from wolf to human again. No offense but that kind of thing is just fictitious and belongs in story books, thats just my opinion. Its also-like some of you have stated-scientificially impossible. Also, the phrase"anything is possible" is just incorrect and false when it comes to this sort of thing. I mean come on, our bones growing and shifting in an accelerated rate? A tail? Muzzle and pointed ears? In my opinon it won't happen and thats pretty much a no brainer.
We won't be able to become wolf one moment and then human the next....
The shifting is impossible.
Future marine biologist and Orca researcher.