Real Werewolves, are they out there.

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

Do you think werewolves exist?

Yes
56%
No
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
18%

Total votes: 312

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Saying that werewolves excist is the same as saying that all those werewolf-sightings are rubbish. No people would make up such a thing just for fun.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Morkulv wrote:A bird? Thats even less convincing then telling someone you can shapeshift into a werewolf. :lol:
At first glance, yeah, it does seem unbelievable. But in thruth, all warm blooded animals, humans inculed, are very much alike. Take a look:
http://www.deh.gov.au/biodiversity/migr ... igure3.jpg
Morkulv wrote:Saying that werewolves excist is the same as saying that all those werewolf-sightings are rubbish. No people would make up such a thing just for fun.
Indeed, in the world we're living in people are unlikely to do anything that would lead others into questioning their sanity just for the kicks. But it is indeed human to err. Many of the people claiming to have seen werewolves might just be victims of poor visibility, overactive imagination or any combination of the two.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

So you are saying that all the sightings (lets say the Brayroad Beast-sighting) are possibly done by people with too much imagination? The Bray Road Beast has been seen quite a lot. Sighings of the Bray Road Beast are dating back to 1989, 1990, 1991, 1999 (sometimes sightings even accure in the same year). You can't just say that all those people have too much imagination, or anything like that. Its also crazy to say that there really is a werewolf at Bray Road, but its also wrong to say that they can't excist.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Merrypaws wrote:Indeed, in the world we're living in people are unlikely to do anything that would lead others into questioning their sanity just for the kicks. But it is indeed human to err. Many of the people claiming to have seen werewolves might just be victims of poor visibility, overactive imagination or any combination of the two.
Not all, and not neccesarily at all. True, there are plenty of sightings that can't just be explained away, but we still can't say: "So many people have seen it, it must be so!" Not untill there's hard, unarguable proof. Till then, we just must content ourselves with "I believe that..."
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah it sucks. But I'm gonna find out next year! :lol: I'm planning to go to Bray Road (or at least pass it :P ).
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Morkulv wrote:So you are saying that all the sightings (lets say the Brayroad Beast-sighting) are possibly done by people with too much imagination? The Bray Road Beast has been seen quite a lot. Sighings of the Bray Road Beast are dating back to 1989, 1990, 1991, 1999 (sometimes sightings even accure in the same year). You can't just say that all those people have too much imagination, or anything like that. Its also crazy to say that there really is a werewolf at Bray Road, but its also wrong to say that they can't excist.
All of those people saw SOMETHING...it is doubtful that they all were just hallucinating...but they may not have all seen the same thing, and those that ARE reporting sightings of the same thing, likely did not actually see what they thought they saw, but merely something that resembles a werewolf from a distance, or was not seen clearly enough to say what it really was.
...and, of course, there are some who's imaginations are so hyperactive that even if what they saw did NOT look like a werewolf, they see and remember this other thing as being a werewolf anyway. (Even though it may just be a wild animal, or crazy, overdressed old man).

It's like UFO sightings. UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object". Which means that, if you see something flying inthe air, and you don't know what it is, it is a genuine UFO...but that does not mean it is from another planet.

All those Bray Road Beast sightings are sightings of "something"...but it would be logical to assume that most of those people did not see what they thought they saw...and they may not all be reporting sightings of the same thing.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

"crazy, overdressed old man."

hmm. this reminds me of that place in europe where that old crone would run at peoples cars. ghost crone aparently...

It also makes me think "he he he I'm gonna wear a bunch of clothes and go scare people on the road"
30 mins later
"BOO. I'm a werewolf!"
"no your not!"
"uh yes i'm am! SHHH!"
actual werewolf steps in
"Yeah you can't park here it's a No Standing zone."
Both humans are wide eyed.

rubs hands together: That's my...well not really randomness is it?

but anyway I voted yes. cuase as mentioned before, peoples ideas of a werewolf are different. So it be an 8' slathering beastie or a crazed old man wearing a wolf mask.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I voted 'no'. Werewolves, IMO, don't exist.

I don't consider furries or therians werewolves, by any means. To me, that's kind of an insult to werewolves (even though I don't think they exist). I hope that doesn't apply to any of you, but I think some weak little human calling themself a werewolf is just silly. To me, that's sorta the equivalent of a 3 year old kid calling himself a firefighter or something. Also, I don't like when a group of people decide to take an existing word and use it for something besides the original meaning. If you must have a word, just use therian or make up a new one, don't use werewolf. I can call myself a dinosaur all day long if I want, but that doesn't mean I am one.

Anyway, though I don't think werewolves exist now, that doesn't mean they never will. Science can do amazing things, things that we can't even conceive of. Perhaps one day scientists will be able to give people the ability to shift their form, but we will all be dead, sadly. :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I actually voted yes without thinking about it first.
And now that I think about it. I think it would be a bad idea for a werewolf to exist cause that will just totaly ruined the fun of drawing them, if you draw a werewolf in a certain way and you really like and all of a sudden they caught a werewolf to be the exact oppisote of what you would like it to be.

EX: You draw a werewolf similar to goldenwolf style. But turned it turned out that werewolfs looks like hollywood style with the no tail and the whole body isnt covered with fur. This can have a real impact for anthro and werewolf artist.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

True. If werewolves did exist, and even if they did look like Goldenwolf's art, there are still some people who wouldn't be happy about it. (freaks...)
Kotig
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Kotig »

Morkulv wrote:Saying that werewolves excist is the same as saying that all those werewolf-sightings are rubbish. No people would make up such a thing just for fun.
I'm not. I'm just saying shape-shifting is impossible. Well, nothing is impossible...highly...umm...improbable? Yeah. We'll go with that one :D
Anyway, I just think there is a very reasonable explanation. If there were multiple sightings of someone shifting, than I would rethink my idea of all this :)
What if I don't fill this in? What are you gonna do? :P
Zire
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: may be you know who i am, but no what i am

yes

Post by Zire »

if you ask me i will answear you
of course that they exist
they are not like the movies shows them but they exist, you can call me crazy but i beleave

:P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: yes

Post by Figarou »

Zire wrote:if you ask me i will answear you
of course that they exist
they are not like the movies shows them but they exist, you can call me crazy but i beleave

:P

:crazy:

Oh...and :welcome:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i belive also but they aren't the werewolves that we thatnk are werewolfs

and WELCOME my new friend!! :D
THE GAME

My Armory
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

I'm going with Excelsia in this, on both counts: While the phrasing isn't the most polite, I really don't understand people like that. I, for one, would love to become a werewolf, but what would be the point in calling myself one because of that?

On to the second point: I'm confident that science will one day bring us, at the very least, permanent transformation (e.g. no shifting back and forth on whim; we're talking extensive medical procedures here), and possibly, eventually, actual shapeshifting. From our current perspective such seems impossible, but technology is like that. Do you think someone 150 years ago would've believed about computers? Any idea how many people scoffed at the idea of heavier-than-air flight before the Wright(sp?) brothers? Who knows what capabilities technology will eventually grant us.

Referring to the end of Excelsia's post; again, technology moves in unpredictable ways. It's perfectly possible that we'll be, for the most part, still going strong when the simpler form of transformation I mentioned becomes available. Anti-aging research seems to be making leaps and bounds, and plenty of things may have already been solved, and only await testing; for example, referring to the oft-repeated regenerating mouse link, the mice haven't been around long enough to have any idea how it affects their lifespan. It oculd be that they have been made immune to most or all natural causes of deaths; if not, at least a few are solved by that, and many other anti-aging research projects are underway and beginning to show results that could account for the others. Humans are designed to die, which makes sense from the point of view of evolution; it's not a good thing to have the parents competing with the descendants. All that needs to be done is the removal of that limit, and suddenly we're no longer so vulnerable to all the various things that go wrong in the causing and ending of old age. Once a few other cures have been found, humanity will have finally eluded death by age. Given the current status discussed above, there's a not insignificant probability that we'll live to see this. Yay! :D

:edit: Heh, I should add some discussion more in line with the topic. Here we go.

I don't think that werewolves exist; if they do, they've been doing an awfully good job keeping hidden. However, I try to stay open minded, and would absolutely LOVE to have contradicting proof brought to me. Sadly, I think for the most part werewolf sightings are one person seeing something in the dark with an overactive imagination or a want for attention, and then whenever a certain kind of person sees something unclear around that area, that will leap to mind, subconcious fills in the gaps, and we have another sighting.
Last edited by white on Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sanity is relative.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Subject: Do you think werewolves actually exist?

Yes. And they get tired of people asking this question.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Undicided,
I guess publicly i would say no....but alone i would want to say yes, there is just to much science mumbo jumbo that denies it all. :( :cry:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I want a werewolf to be my girlfriend. :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I want a werewolf to be my girlfriend. :cry:
Ya, but would a werewolf want to be your girlfriend? I think NOT!!!

:jester2:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Ya, but would a werewolf want to be your girlfriend? I think NOT!!!
Ooh Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well I think its safe to say that a female werewolf shurly would want to be with a guy in armor http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 4&start=25

than YOU. Image

SO THAT PRETTY MUCHImage
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Well I think its safe to say that a female werewolf shurly would want to be with a guy in armor
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 4&start=25
I doubt any woman is going to hang around with a drooling werewolf waving a gun around
*looks at fig* No, he doesn't look like that at all. More like:
:jawdrop:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

First off hes not drooling.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:First off hes not drooling.
First off you only use 'first off' when listing things. :thpt2: Secondly he's still waving a gun around, that's sill a big turn off. Third, he looks like he's drooling.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

first off you shouldnt correct people for every little mistake, second why do you say negative things about my drawings, and third theres not a spec of drool and I dont know where you got that from, either you need my glasses or you have a strange way of looking things.
Image Image