Real Werewolves, are they out there.

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.

Do you think werewolves exist?

Yes
56%
No
26%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
18%

Total votes: 312

Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

This is...hilarious to say the least.
I know I've heard of "wishful thinking", but come on.

As soon as someone shows some proof, I'll say a full hearted "No" to the question.
GvnDarklighter
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GvnDarklighter »

Like probably most of the folks here, I would give anything for werewolves to exist (and, as a bonus, to be one), but I think that there are simply too many things that point against their existence. The science aside, the single most compelling argument for me is the fact that there are no weres that have been found out by the general public. In this information age, with cell phone cams and the internet, how could a community of weres actually stay hidden indefinitely? They would either have to basically never transform at all (which I'd think would be hard), or stay away from most human society. But even far removed from cities it would be difficult to never be seen, unless there are very, very few of them. Plus, over the years, in order to perpetuate their kind, they would have only marry within their kind (I'm assuming that no one would want to have to keep it from their spouse, and that it'd be near impossible anyways), which I'd think would lead to them dying out for simple lack of numbers. Basically, I figure that if there were a decent-sized community of werewolves, simple probability is against their staying hidden. Not that I think it's impossible, just extremely unlikely.

Of course, I'm referring to actual, physical werewolves here; for me, therians are another matter entirely.
jay_dogg613
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by jay_dogg613 »

Hey, Hows it going? I voted yes, because you never know whats out there, and if they really are werewolves out there, like if people live among us and never tell anyone? do you get what i am trying to say? 8)
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I regret clicking on this thread now. Treehugger talk is crazy talk.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

When you deal with Werewolves ( a nature symbol) you get tree-huggers.

Except for the Were-Beavers; then you get Tree-Eaters... :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

GvnDarklighter wrote:Like probably most of the folks here, I would give anything for werewolves to exist (and, as a bonus, to be one), but I think that there are simply too many things that point against their existence. The science aside, the single most compelling argument for me is the fact that there are no weres that have been found out by the general public. In this information age, with cell phone cams and the internet, how could a community of weres actually stay hidden indefinitely? They would either have to basically never transform at all (which I'd think would be hard), or stay away from most human society. But even far removed from cities it would be difficult to never be seen, unless there are very, very few of them. Plus, over the years, in order to perpetuate their kind, they would have only marry within their kind (I'm assuming that no one would want to have to keep it from their spouse, and that it'd be near impossible anyways), which I'd think would lead to them dying out for simple lack of numbers. Basically, I figure that if there were a decent-sized community of werewolves, simple probability is against their staying hidden. Not that I think it's impossible, just extremely unlikely.

Of course, I'm referring to actual, physical werewolves here; for me, therians are another matter entirely.
Well you've got to admit.... I personally think the information age, while it DOES make privacy very difficult, it also makes us tremendously overestimate how much we can see. If what you're looking for is elusive enough, you still may not be able to find it. I mean, look at some of the species *thought* to be extinct, only to later turn out to be very much alive. If you're talking about something with human intelligence but the level of elusiveness of any animal... you might have a tough time pinning it down.

With that said, though, I still don't get my hopes up for the actual existence of any real werewolves. At least not presently, and not naturally created.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

We've pointed out previously that IF a Werewolf actually did a full shift in front of a camera and then put it up on, say, You Tube; we'd all just say "Cool CA! It really looked real!"

Basically, by now we're so jaded that seeing the real thing wouldn't have any effect on us other than to make us certain it was some trick.

If said Werewolf were to walk down some main street, and the news taped it, we'd think it was a fursuit, and the person inside was a Furry.

"there are none so blind as they who will not see..." :lol:
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

in my opinion... not yet... science can be used by ....whoever would create lycanism... vampirism .... or some disease that it told in myths and fables and make it real...
these will most likely be possibility's maybe in 50 years...

there already is a thread on the possibility of them and the real deal is far but that isn't saying there wont be many major medical breakthroughs in that time

also there would be a "genocide" for werewolfs shortly after (if the disease was created)

everything to me is theoretical but 'tisnt saying it cant happen

also reply to jay dogg213

if youre right i bet the ones that're infected have no friends and cant afford to have any because the have to hide it....

i might poke fun at some of the kids like that.. to find out...
you know what... nevermind i wont poke fun at them... that would be creepy and bad for my image...
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

RedEye wrote:When you deal with Werewolves ( a nature symbol) you get tree-huggers.

Except for the Were-Beavers; then you get Tree-Eaters... :lol:
Were-Beavers are dam good builders!! :grinp:
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Believe in everything .

Re: Real Werewolves, are they out there.

Post by RongYao »

Mentaly : Yes
Stiritual : Yes
Phisycal (shapeshifters) : I'm not sure
To see someone
-To Transform into
-To be
*Werewolf under massive psyhosis : I think that is possible
p.s. Massive psyhosis created by the person that you think he is a werewolf .
Then that makes him a werewolf right ?
Because if he plays with your mind and makes you to see him like werewolf the he is one I think .
Scientist have proofs that some people can get you into psyhosis without you to understand that .
I'm not really sure for my theory , it seems possible to me .
:p
I really think that there have something in the dark , Im gonna check this out ... Ill be right back and dont panic if something going wrong or just dont go after me !
p.s. You dont need to know what happens .
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page
Lunar
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Blue Paleo Ranger

Post by Lunar »

I replied "no." While I love the mythos behind werewolves it's pretty darn unlikely that anyone can turn into a wolf or anything else. My werewolves in one of my worlds aren't tree huggers by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately for one of my characters, they're the result of weird magical infection/curse of sorts. >_>
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

If they are, then they are. If they aren't, then they aren't.

We'll never know...for certain... :evil: unless we are; for certain...
lycan94
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lycan94 »

Hmm... An interesting question. I think it's possibly, but very unlikely
Death is the final reminder of our own mortality.
When all my ennimies die, I hope i have the strength to spit on their graves or the money to pay someone to do it for me
Shadow_wolf418
Custom Title: Shadow Wolf

Re:

Post by Shadow_wolf418 »

Ochiba wrote:I voted yes, and have my own reasons for it.
i agree^_^ :howl:  :oo
AngryGothChick
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hello person.
Mood: Depressed

Post by AngryGothChick »

By Hollywood werewolves,that howl at the moon and shapeshift during a full moon?Then no.But I voted yes for other reasons.
Out by sixteen or dead on the scene, but together forever
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

If Therians and Otherkin exist, then werewolves shall exist in our dreams.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

yeah the is such things as werewolves.

others think that they are just people with a hair growth issue.

However I doubt thats ever true of what they say. honestly.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

What you believe in gives it strength if you don't believe in it you are taking away it's strength.
If you think they don't exist they don't but if you do then......well seeing is believing
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Grey
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Grey »

I belive they exist. Just not in the form we are acustome to.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

Okay O.o'
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
Grey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Grey »

I just belive people are looking for too much in the change over between man and wolf. Early accounts of were wolves described them as more like feral humans that display animal traits.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Grey wrote:Early accounts of were wolves described them as more like feral humans that display animal traits.
Oh really? Which "early accounts?"
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

That sounds a lot like windigo's
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Grey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Grey »

Hmm. Maybe.

Most of the legends of were beastes started during times like the dark ages where the world could end any day now. And anyone diffrent was evil. Guy has longer teeth then anyone else. Or more hair on thier face.
Rasah

Post by Rasah »

I voted "Yes" for a few reasons.

1 - Weird stuff is real. The world does not exist quite as we believe it to. The fact that you can use two mathematical truths to prove that 1=2 is a fantastic example. There was also a time in which we were positive that the atom was the smallest thing in existence. This doesn't begin to be enough to make one believe in werewolves however it is enough to make one open to the idea that our reasons why they cannot exist aren't as absolute as they may seem which means that it may be possible for werewolves to exist outside our tiny sphere of understanding.

2 - World-wide agreement. There are myths about werewolves and like creatures all over the world. Again, not enough to act as evidence but enough to make one wonder if there is a reason beyond "people turning into animals makes for way cool myths."

3 - "Belief." Belief is merely an opinion which is not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof. An opinion is simply a personal idea, which is why it doesn't have to be valid to anyone else.

I fully acknowledge that there's nothing in there to make most other people believe in werewolves, however between my spiritual convictions, personal theories, and life experiences, it's enough for me to believe.