The Beast of Bray Road: a modern sighting

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Iberian Wolf: Author & Musician
Additional Details: Author of Walking Wolf Road, Of Wolf and Man, the World of Darkness trilogy, Secrets of the Underground, and The Wild.
Mood: Busy

Post by neomoon »

TRAITOR! *puts Beast in internment camp*

*decades later*

"In reconciliation of the horrible treatment you entured, feel free to help yourself to some roadkill, but please, try not to become too friendly with bored newspaper journalists..."

*beast applying some A-1 to a roadside deer carcass, doesn't notice the approaching headlights until it's too late*

*looks up*

...wuh-oh...

*window rolls down* "OH MY GOSH LOOK @ THATZ! LOLZ!!!!" :crazy:

....okay, I'm so done now...
Brandon M. Herbert
:read: Therianthrope Author of Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, and Horror novels http://www.BrandonMHerbert.com
Walking Wolf Road - YA Therian Urban Fantasy - Autumn 2014 - http://amzn.com/1468072757 - http://www.facebook.com/BrandonMHerbert
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Re: The Beast of Bray Road: a modern sighting

Post by blackwolfhell »

I've been to bray road. I live right here in good old wisconsin! Hell yeah! :howl:  :oo THe sight where the sighting happened is usually packed with tourists, but I found a way around that area. I scouted the forest two miles north of there and sure enough, I found what I was looking for...wolf scat. It wasn't normal sized,(And I used gloves) and it contained animal matter in it. Just maybe...
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

You found an abnormal pile of wolf shi...scat...
Okay I'll bite, how much is a 'normal-size' pile? And how much did you find?
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

No, as in the way it looked, not how much. And there was a lot. Kinda lookes like a tube, like a human, but too much of it.

Adopt your own!
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

So...how do you know it wasn't human scat instead of wolf scat...just in case.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

The amount and the stuff inside. I have awesome biology teachers that teach me this kind of stuff.

Adopt your own!
AriesWolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by AriesWolf »

You know, I remember hearing about this once in the '90s. I don't recall hearing the words "Bray Road" until I watched that awful movie on the SciFi channel, though. I was watching one of those 'paranormal mystery' shows, and they ran a story on what they just called "the Wisconsin Werewolf". There was a woman who was driving and stopped on an empty road (maybe that was Bray Road?) because she thought she hit something. Got out of the car (stupid move, in my opinion), heard a loud, rhythmic thumping, looked up to see the thing running towards her, jumped back in the car and peeled out.

There was another woman who claimed the thing came right up to her house and stared at her through a large window. In her words, "I thought I was lunch". She also mentioned an interesting detail: she said the thing was so skinny she could see its ribs sticking out. The speculation was that if true, it could explain the sudden rash of sightings and near-attacks: the creature was approaching people because it was starving and desperate for food.

That's all well and good, but here's the thing that makes me remember this story a good decade after seeing it: the local police department took these sightings seriously enough that every officer was issued a silver hollow-point bullet. The officer the show's crew was interviewing even showed it to the camera crew; it sure looked like silver to me.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary

Post by blackwolfhell »

This was in 1995 or now? There was a dog that was being dragged off. It was about four AM when I woke up to the sound of a dog barking. I saw it run past my window, then it ran back. Then I heard it scream and nothing. In the morning, their was bloody drag marks on the road. :sickpup:

That could've been a regular wolf or a dog, but maybe...

Adopt your own!